Skid Remarks: The Crew Trailer Is Pretty Neat

By Craig Pearson on August 21st, 2013 at 3:30 pm.

Vroooooooooooooooooooooooom!
I spent a couple of hours playing FUEL with a friend last week. We hopped online, spawned some quad-bikes, and just drove across whatever part of America we were supposed to be in. It had nice trees. So I’m really interested in The Crew, Ubisoft’s open-world driving game set in a Frankenstein’s monster of America, particularly the ‘social driving’ features. I know ‘social’ isn’t a cool buzzword, but if all it means is I can see what a friend’s doing on a map of America and plonk my car down next to theirs, then I’m perfectly happy to do so. I hope it means I can plonk my car down in front, though. Mwahahaha. Mwahahahahaaa! MWHAHAHAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Hah!

An encouraging video of The Crew has just skidded into first place in my heart, and it is below.

The other stuff about tinkering with car innards and unlocking perks doesn’t interest me, really. I’m unlikely to have the attachment to the vehicle that they want me to have, unless I can have a motorbike or quad, but that doesn’t appear to be the case. I’ll pluck a pre-built car and fiddle a bit, but I really just want to drive and see the world, and occasionally drop into races with friends. That seems perfectly plausible.

I’m encouraged to see the off-road race in there. There’s nothing worse when a game creates an open-world and forgets how to use it. The Crew’s going to be out early 2014, which appears to be the release date of all things ever.

, , , .

Sponsored links by Taboola
  1. Ross Angus says:

Woah. I wonder if that co-op FUEL session would be possible once Games For Windows Live dies? I guess not. Colon-hyphen-open-bracket.

2. ulix says:

So there’s only 6 cities in the game?

New York, Miami, Detroit, Chicago, Las Vegas, Los Angeles… hmmm. I think there should be more.

3. Lagwolf says:

Color me meh…

• Raiyan 1.0 says:

I’m sorry sir, but I have failed to pinpoint ‘meh’ in the visible electromagnetic spectrum.

4. Kollega says:

By all rights, i should be giddily jumping up and down at the prospect of this game and it’s huge, on-your-bike-go-wherever-you-like world map… but for some reason, i’m just not feelin’ it.

5. edwardoka says:

Gordon Freeman at 1:23 – HL3 confirmed!

6. nyjizikyzazo01 says:

Isaac. you think Lori`s article is exceptional… on thursday I bought themselves a Audi Quattro from having made $8037 this month and-over, $10k last-munth. no-doubt about it, this really is the most comfortable job I’ve had. I actually started 9-months ago and pretty much straight away started to bring home at least $84 per hour. I use this website,, WEP6.ℂℴℳ
    Go to website and click Home tab for more details.
    ❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

7. Azdeus says:

“Your vehicle will be absolutely unique”

Yeah, most certainly; I’ve never seen a front wheel drive/four wheel drive Cevrolet Camaro.
    Some sense of detail.

And then 3 minutes of nagging about the social features, no mention of what kind of driving model they are aiming for or anything else I want to know about.

The driving shown in the video looks extremely bleh though, and I felt seasick from watching it. But atleast it makes Mafia 2’s driving model look good.