Swords: Shadow Warrior Swordleasing In Swordtember

By Nathan Grayson on August 22nd, 2013 at 2:00 pm.

I can't tell if that man is bleeding blood or if that blood is bleeding man.

I enjoyed a recent demo of Shadow Warrior so much that I done maded one of them there vidya-trons about it. The first-person slasher drew me in for a lot of reasons: swords, wise-cracks, swords, swords, car-aoke versions of The Touch, swords, cutting monsters with swords, swords, s-words, and swords. And now, publisher Devolver Digital has sliced the game to ribbons and assembled a video of its own from the remains. The reason? To announce a release date, of course. And also swords.

Good, clean fun, right? Despite only being a bit over a minute long, this trailer is pretty indicative of the full game, too. There’s lots of slashing, a fair amount of shooting, and enemies teem as though enraged, katana-wielding fire ants. It’s not entirely mindless, though. A Bulletstorm-like point system grades your every move, and it encourages variety, creativity, and, er, sadism.

Shadow Warrior will be out on September 26th. That makes sense, given that the demo I played was a) quite long and b) fairly polished. Personally, I’m still worried that the blender blitzkrieg pacing might wither and end up succumbing to Hard Reset syndrome, but we’ll see. The game’s pleasantly surprised me so far. Here’s hoping it’s in for the long haul.

, , , .

Sponsored links by Taboola
  1. Jason Moyer says:

What is “Hard Reset: syndrome”?

• Qwentle says:

It’s when you need to go to the doctors because it’s been 4 hours…

• LionsPhil says:

Hard Reset was a supposedly-retro FPS where the protagonist lumbered along at a sluggish, modern fat space marine pace, couldn’t jump more than a kerbside high, couldn’t crouch, and upon trying to rocket-jump would just blow his own feet off. Oh, and there were invisible walls everywhere.

So, that, presumably. Very much not the wheee-blam-splat-whizz-bang fun of ACTUAL old FPSen.

2. Phantom_Renegade says:

Hey guys, this is off topic and I’m really sorry for that. It’s just that I’ve kind of got a problem. I bought SRIV for the pc on Amazon US, and for pre-loading I just tried to activate the key on Steam. I was unable to, since apparently Deep Silver is regionlocking those (I got a message saying that it was unavailable for purchase in my country, which is weird since they’re offering it for pre-purchase but w/e). So that’s me, out of money.

Now I did the only thing a person can do when defeated by the system which was cave in due to all the excellent reviews and pre-purchase it on steam (leaving a bad taste of corporate in my mouth.

Thing is, I’ve still got that SRIV us code (including commander in chief stuff). So I was wondering, is anyone willing to pre-purchase Arkham Origins as a gift and trade it to me for the SRIV codes? Batman is pretty much the only other game I was gonna get this year as for new releases.

Now I know you might be suspicious, and saying that I’m not a scammer isn’t really going to help, because, hey, that’s what a scammer would say. And if these posts are against RPS policy, then I apologise. But if there is someone who would be interested in helping out a victim of regionlocking, then I would be very grateful. If you want it, I’ve even got an extra SRTT key from a humble bundle that I can throw in.

• Grygus says:

I think that your best bet is to hit a community that has established trading procedures, such as http://www.reddit.com/r/SteamGameSwap/

It’s not just that you might be a scammer; you want to make sure that you don’t get scammed, either.

• Phantom_Renegade says:

Checked it out, and for trading of gamekeys (which is what I’ve got, since it won’t activate) you need at least gray flair, which is 1+ trades.

3. BobbyDylan says:

Whooooo want some Wang?

4. YogSo says:

” car-aoke versions of The Touch

Fixed that link for you ;p

5. povu says:

It’s like the proper Painkiller sequel that was never made.

6. Orija says:

The trailer sure rung my dong.

7. psyman says:

“…I done maded one of them there vidya-trons about it.”

*hoists suspenders* that’s one fine vidya-tron, if I do say so myself *additional suspender hoist*

8. Enid121 says:

my best friend’s mom makes $70/hour on the computer. She has been laid off for 5 months but last month her paycheck was $21378 just working on the computer for a few hours. Read more here
    ..>>> http://CNN13.7.ly/Xaa