RPS Asks: What’s Your Bank Holiday Playlist?

By Craig Pearson on August 24th, 2013 at 12:00 pm.

Thanks, Rabbie.
Hello everyone. Over here in the land of smashed hard-drives, terrifying tabloids, and warm socks, the upcoming Monday will be a holiday. Elizabeth the Second, by the Grace of God, of Great Britain, Ireland and the British Dominions beyond the Seas, Defender of the Faith, Queen, and mother of four, has seen fit to give us an extra day off. Thanks, Queeny. I think she must have a games industry connection, because she’s given us this treat just as Saints Row IV and Splinter Cell: Blacklist are unlocking on Steam. Oh and Sir, You Are Being Hunted (Disclaimer: It’s great, and Jim owns this site and makes that game). Anyway, for the people that have time off, what games will you be playing now you have three days instead of two this weekend?

Heck, tell me what you’re playing and what you hope to be playing even if you have a regular weekend coming up. I like knowing. Particularly if you’re playing something that hasn’t been extensively covered on the site.

Will you be taking the time to play something new, or will you be returning to an old favourite? I’m sadly not going to be anywhere near my desktop this weekend, otherwise I’d be playing the co-op modes of SR:IV and Blacklist, and finishing off the final Dishonored DLC. Instead I’ll be taking many photos of John’s kitten, possibly poking around the drawers of Gone Home on my laptop, and I hope to find the time to return to Kerbal Space Program. It’d be good to know what Lucy thinks of those, after her spectacular reviewing debut earlier on in the week.

Header image from here.

1. The Random One says:

I’m Brazilian, so I get a lot more holidays than you Brits, but this year is surprisingly lean, so I won’t be getting any long holidays until Christmas. So rather than playing games I’ll be staring at you contemptuously.

2. Nidokoenig says:

I’ll be playing The Wonderful 101, a bit of my first ever game of X-Com: Terror from the Deep(I set it to Genius so it’s not being gentle), and I might have a go at this “Shadow Watch” thing I got cheap on Amazon if I find the time. Or I could actually play one of the many Kickstartered things, bundle games or Steam sale games I have billions of, but that’s ludicrously unlikely.

3. Turkey says:

This holiday I ‘ave mostly been playing Spelunky!

4. onyhow says:

Sir You Are Being Hunted, TF2 and Chivalry mainly…I’ll be touching Crusader Kings 2 and probably X3: Albion Prelude too…and maybe doing other 2 routes in Hate+…already done with Harem route.

5. Jharper says:

DOTA 2!!!!

6. Ninja Foodstuff says:

Well I just finished the Mac version of Bioshock Infinite, so my next stop will be the last of us. I recently got a ps3 just so I could burn through the exclusives.

Lord Custard Smingleigh says:

Dead Space 1, 2, and 3. And some writing. Lots of writing.

elderman says:

I just started my first playthrough of the Baldur’s Gate series using the WeiDU trilogy mod. About twenty hours in and looking forward to making more progress today. So far, it’s a lot of fun.

9. killingbutterflies says:

Saints Row 3, because my finger is on the pulse.
    And I’ll probably keep chipping away at Stealth Bastard Deluxe.

10. Kobest says:

Payday 2 with some occasional The Swapper or Defender’s Quest.

No bank holiday for us though. :)

11. varangian says:

I usually find myself starting games when they’re 6-12 months past their release date having built up a backlog of games that takes time to work through. So I’ll be continuing my attempt to rebuild the Byzantine Empire to its former glory in CK2, striving manfully to overcome the disadvantage of a lineage composed of stressed, slothful drunkards who, contrary to my understanding of medieval life, all live to an inconveniently ripe old age.

12. EOT says:

Just finished The Witcher for the first time. Might start the second one or play some CK2.

13. TheBarringGaffner says:

I’m at the Blood Stained Sanctuary in Cave Story+, which might be the most unreasonable level in any video game. I also started Deadly Shadows, but I don’t like it nearly as much as the other Thief games.

14. syllopsium says:

Waking Mars, on Android. I started playing McPixel whilst on a long train journey but Waking Mars is much more fun and just the right length. Two late nights playing is a not unreasonable amount..