Algebraic: Adventure Time: Explore the Dungeon

By Jim Rossignol on September 4th, 2013 at 1:00 pm.

Or to give it its full title, Adventure Time: Explore the Dungeon Because I DON’T KNOW! was announced back in the antiquity of May, and now has some screens and a video explaining the plan (below). That plan involves a “four-player co-operative multiplayer” in the Adventure Time world, with a voiceover from the original cast. You’ll be involved in some ARPG sort thing, where you work through a hundred floors of a massive dungeon. Gosh.

Adventure Time: Explore the Dungeon Because I DON’T KNOW! is due for release on November 12th.

__________________

« | »

, , .

1. Ansob says:

Trailer’s shit (there’s what, 10 seconds of gameplay tops?) but the prospect is super exciting. I hope it ends up good! :(

• Everyone says:

God yes, this, so much this. Quit with the talking bloody heads and show more gameplay already!!!

• ts061282 says:

My anus… IS BLEEDING!

• Shadowcat says:

Yeah, I suspect a lot of people did a double-take when they saw this article :)

2. Bhazor says:

“You can go grab your friends and just go down into Princess Bubblegums special dungeon”

If you know what I mean.

3. Saul says:

I want it to be Gauntlet with Adventure Time graphics. I don’t think it’s Gauntlet with Adventure Time graphics.

4. Niko says:

I hope gameplay won’t be too repetitive, that would be kind of the opposite of what Adventure Time is about.

5. fearghaill says:

ONE HUNDRED FLOORS DUNGEON!

6. DrScuttles says:

The recent DS game was okay. Never got around to finishing it, but the Zelda 2 vibe was enjoyable. Hopefully this one will be good; though as with any licensed property game, I don my hat of caution but sit in the optimistic corner.
    My main concern is that it’ll turn out to be an overly simple game designed to appeal to the youngest of Adventure Time’s main audience. But I couldn’t really be surprised if that turned out to be the case.
    And it’s weird to see what John DiMaggio really looks like. Yet somehow it’s pretty much how I expected.

• Gap Gen says:

It’s like how H. Jon Benjamin looks nothing like Archer. Although he’s played a bunch of characters, so I guess he shouldn’t look like every one. But yeah, it’s fun how John DiMaggio’s moustache looks a bit like Jake’s jowls.

• RedViv says:

DiMaggio is probably the one guy who most animators have said to be so large in life that elements of his just HAVE to be part of his characters. And that’s quite okay. After all, one whose persona was almost entirely based on him was one of the greatest in all time ever of the world ever. Seriously!

• DrScuttles says:

To discover the true countenance behind voices you’ve long associated with these fictions can be at once terrifying and truly liberating.
        I’m really looking forward to the documentary I Know That Voice. Whenever it’s out. Mainly so I can wistfully sit and dream that I wasn’t cursed with the voice I have.

7. maximiZe says:

Judging from the little footage shown it looks rather slow-paced, also I’m not sure if a (presumably) randomly generated dungeon crawler is what I want from an Adventure Time game.
    That Scott Pilgrim Beat ‘em Up a few years ago was great and a perfect fit for the source material.

8. Kelduum Revaan says:

Is this actually being released on PC? I’ve only seen mentions of consoles.

If not, that would be UNACCEPTABLE!

• Creeping Death says:

I’ve been wondering this too. I believe the original announcement mentioned PC, but it has been completely ignored since.

Also, is it just on my end or is there actually no header image for this article?

• Baines says:

The game’s page, linked in the article, still lists PC as a platform.

9. Somerled says:

Sweet Jesus! A Don Hertzfeldt game!

Oh no. No no. It’s an Adventure Time game …

Ker-ploop!