DC Universe Online Expands For An Eighth Time

By John Walker on September 4th, 2013 at 10:00 am.

Two pieces of news here. Firstly, the DC MMO is receiving a new update, Sons Of Trigon, that adds a Gotham City mission featuring either Wonder Woman or Circe, in an effort to defeat Trigon. And secondly, the word “Eighth” looks really weird when you type it out.

If I’m Trigon, a vast interdimensional demon, I’m not going to embrace “The Terrible” as part of my name. Yes, I absolutely understand the etymology of it, but times change old man, and it really is a touch too ripe for the mocking. It is he whom you’ll ultimately battle, alongside either Princess Diana of Themyscira or Cassandra Colchis,

The update also adds in PVP characters Donna Troy and Cheetah, and an eleventh (which looks perfectly normal) power, Celestial, for those wishing to be better healers. There’s the Gotham Wasteland zone with new daily solo missions, and, well…

“Three new duos battling three of Trigon’s sons who each represent one of the seven deadly sins.”

Seems he’s Trigon The Terrible At Maths. See, I warned him.

, , .

Sponsored links by Taboola

Keymonk says:

Shit. The word really does look weird as hell. Eighth. Eighth. It lost all meaning now.

• TheDoctorofParis says:

Are your semantics satiated yet?

• xkingnotedx says:

It probably looks weird because its spelt wrong.. Eight its how its spelled

2. razgon says:

I’d have loved to play this game, but SOE managed to destroy my subscription when they handed it over to the wonderful Prosieben, who then managed to not be able to import it to their own system.

Now apparently, its too late, and my purchases, the game itself and all the money and time I spent on my characters is gone, like tears in the rain.

Fun game, though, I just wish they’d let me play it!

• TidiusFF says:

I have an european account too, and can’t move to Prosieben also. But I don’t lost anything, because I continue to use the SOE account and the Steam launcher to login.

3. Lemming says:

This now seems guilty of the same thing SWTOR is, which is getting a unique license then trying to make it as ‘fantasy’ as possible with added content.

• unistrut says:

In their defense, Trigon (and his three 7DS abusing kids) have been around the DC universe for something like thirty odd years, so it’s not like they just decided to create a brand new big bastard demon to fight so it would be fantasy.