Sanctum 2′s “Ruins Of Brightholme” Incoming

By Jim Rossignol on September 5th, 2013 at 9:00 am.

The first DLC for Coffee Stain’s first-person tower defense sequel, Sanctum 2, is materialising in the shadows of a grimmer version of the game world. According to the devs, Ruins Of Brightholme “takes you to a darker side of the Sanctum universe”, and the images they’ve sent over (more below) seem to confirm that. New towers are “Makeshift Cannon” and “Rupture Mine Tower”, and new weapons include “Circle Saw” and “Nailgun”.

Certainly sounds a bit darker. It lands on Friday.

Sanctum 2 is out now on Steam.

__________________

« | »

, , .

1. Gap Gen says:

The darkness is just the fact that the game happens at night, right?

2. LionsPhil says:

Ugh.

Great. Losing the bright and airy art-style (in favour of the usual REAL IS BROWN) can be added to the various retrograde steps from Sanctum 1, then.

3. Jimbo says:

Read that as ‘Birthbone’. Laughed.

4. TokyoUD says:

This is the second DLC pack actually. Road To Elysion was the first one.

5. Carra says:

Spent an hour or two with Sanctum 2 but it didn’t convince me.

I liked Sanctum 1 but after playing Orcs Must Die, I expect a bit more.

6. strangeloup says:

What I’d most like to see in Sanctum 2 is a pause button that actually fucking pauses the game. I can understand that not being the case if you’re playing online multiplayer, of course, but offline single-player mode? Bit ridiculous.

Also IIRC it doesn’t run in a window, and that annoyed me quite a lot too. But I might be misremembering.

• AntonWestbergh says:

Hi strangeloup.

We added pause to the game last patch.

Windowed mode works great and always had.

Best
      Anton

• strangeloup says:

Cheers! I feel bad for being grumpy now.

I liked the game a lot, felt it was an improvement on the first one which I enjoyed anyhow, but it was immensely frustrating that I couldn’t pause if I needed to answer the phone or whatever.

I’ll get back to playing it now that useful functionality is in there.