A World Of Hort: PVZ: Garden Warfare Undead Trailer

By Craig Pearson on September 6th, 2013 at 8:00 pm.

My anger issues with team-based multiplayer shooters are well documented in the Logitech Warehouse. I’m cool until things are unbalanced, then Red Craig emerges. Red Craig is my inner Stephen King character. He is who the mice and keyboards in the warehouse warn their little transistors about. He’s why they sacrifice mice lasers to gods of Support Services. He’s the angry Glaswegian I keep hidden away, just in case I’m ever mugged or someone shoots me online, then he emerges. Watching the Plants Vs Zombies: Garden Warfare zombie trailer made my palms itch. It looks really lovely and atmospheric, and I’m sure I’ll enjoy playing it. But as I do, I’ll give off the impression of hating every single second I am doing so. Trailer beneath.

There’s no single-player mode in this. Just co-op and multiplayer. I’m not sure how I feel about that, but it’s pretty and silly enough to make me want to share it with friends. The trailer shows off how the zombie classes will attempt to compost the plants: they each have main weapons and three powers. The All Star tank has a football gun augmented with a few American Eggball related powers. I do want.

But I can’t have it, yet. It’ll bizarrely be an Xbox exclusive to begin with, because no-one has ever made money releasing a game at the same time on every machine. That just never worked for anyone. Uh-oh. Red Craig is here…

, , , .

Sponsored links by Taboola
  1. TWChristine says:

Oh wow, the whole time I was thinking “Huh..never heard this AC/DC song before..” until I searched the Youtubes and found it wasn’t them afterall.

• Echo_Hotel says:

You think EA would cough up for real licensed music?
      It’s just the same they haven’t gone back with Laura Shigihara who did the music for the first game.

“Don’t want EA on our laa~wn, we don’t want EA on our law~~n”

• Tei says:

I remember!

The tall cryiing tallnut will protect us all from the P2P!

• salena012 says:

my co-worker’s mother makes $67/hr on the laptop. She has been out of a job for five months but last month her paycheck was $15348 just working on the laptop for a few hours. description>>>>>>>>>>http://goo.gl/G40gh3

bear912 says:

The song is “Firepower” by Airbourne, so I would assume it is actually licensed.

Also, this version of the video is from the official Plants vs. Zombies channel and doesn’t have an advert in front of it.

2. bleeters says:

I still can’t quite believe this is an actual thing.

• starclaws says:

This… Except still can’t believe PvZ2 isn’t on PC yet even more…

• KevinLew says:

I need some help understanding why there are thousands of people excited for this game. Isn’t this just taking characters from PvZ and then shoehorning them into a PvP FPS game?

I’m being serious: Isn’t taking a franchise and moving it into a totally different genre considered a bad idea in most cases? I can name a few games that tried this, including Red Alert: Renegade, Halo Wars, and most recently The Bureau: X-Com Declassified. From what I can tell, all of these games are treated as weird spinoffs that nobody wants to sequel or reboot.

• ConnieCarson03 says:

I’m making over $7k a month working part time. I kept hearing other people tell me how much money they can make online so I decided to look into it. Well, it was all true and has totally changed my life. This is what I do…

W­W­W.C­N­N­1­3.ℂ­O­M

• The Random One says:

Just because a thing’s been done in the past and didn’t work it doesn’t mean every instance in which it will happen will be bad.

Scandalon says:

The plants lounging around the house and moving about was creepier than the zombies. Ironic since plants were originally chosen as nice characters that typically don’t, you know, move location.

Not that it matters, I just checked out PvZ2 a couple days ago, and deleted it yesterday. After seeing what EA’s version of popcap did to it, and that they fired the guy that made the original…no money from me.

4. Dariune says:

This looks shit. That is all. The complete desacration of a franchise! (This and PVZ2)

5. Tei says:

Everything is good, but I don’t like the menus, remind me of that crappy BF clone (the crappyness, not the BF-isms).

The whole video is filmed has like a shouldercam, that scare me again, I dislike these thirdpersonshooters.

6. fabulousfurrygingerfreakbrothers says:

Craig, I have never been friends with/worked with/met anyone from Glasgow that doesn’t have Red Craig simmering noticeably below the surface. And we’re talking 6 people here.

I’m from Yorkshire, and we all have the same cynical despair (I’m obliged as a Yorkshireman to describe this as the Sigh Of The South, where we pick up the pieces your Londoners and whatnot screw up and need sorting out. cf WW1 & 2, the England cricket team), just Glaswegians seem to have a shorter path from tram ride around the facility to shooting things in the head than most. Probably a speed run.

As for the game, I love PvZ, and this might work, as long as we get the next proper PvZ.

7. aliksy says:

It’s so many things I don’t like. EA, the raised corpse of an ok franchise, a shooter, no single player, and xbox.

8. ghling says:

Dear EA

I’m NOT INTERESTED in this crap.

Sincerely,
    A passionate gamer

9. icemann says:

Release PvZ 2 on PC already. God dammit.

10. Turkey says:

Screw this F2P nonsense, we want the other F2P racket, Popcap.

• Blue Shark says:

This is actually not f2p, they want 30€ on Origin. That price made me lol hard.

• Turkey says:

Jeez. That’s crazy. I thought for sure they’d go the monetized f2p route.

• Bhaz0r says:

But this way they get $60 and then they can charge for accessories. It’s win win. Just like the universally praised loot grinding in Dead Space 3.

11. Apocalypse says: