The Crew Has Giant Cities, Deserts, Shinies

By Jim Rossignol on September 13th, 2013 at 2:00 pm.

Ubisoft’s upcoming open-world racing game The Crew might not let me do a Fuel, but it nevertheless sings to the road-hungry part of my soul. But why? But because it looks slick as all hell. Evidence: Newshounds VG247 caught up with the downed pheasant of pre-release hype at Gamescom last month, and produced a video, which you can watch below.

More of the same over here:

__________________

« | »

, .

1. Pich says:

Looks nifty. It’s been a while since Burnout Paradise and i need to scratch that arcade racing itch.

• Odessa14 says:

I’m making over $7k a month working part time. I kept hearing other people tell me how much money they can make online so I decided to look into it.
      Well, it was all true and has totally changed my life. This is what I do,

W­W­W.C­N­N­1­3.C­O­M

2. cqdemal says:

Pretty much Test Drive Unlimited 3 then. When Eden was shut down, I thought I would never get to play something along those lines again. What a relief… and a day-one buy!

3. RockPiLP says:

The video makes it look like you’re driving a hovercraft: no matter the terrain there is very little bounce and you run over water, shrubs and even mailboxes with nary a bump. Hopefully the final version will feel a bit more meaty.

4. MichaelPalin says:

I see they are following the Far Cry 3 school of HUD. Ubisoft can’t get enough black rectangles on their screens.

• Sparkasaurusmex says:

That sucks, too bad it isn’t from FC2′s school of HUD. FC2′s was vastly superior to FC3′s HUD.

5. wodin says:

Give me the next Flat Out please..the only car games I’ve really enjoyed.

• Kollega says:

The guys at Bugbear are actually working on that right now, even though it’s not called “Flatout” anymore. It’s “Next Car Game”, because they lost the rights to the license after FO:UC.

6. Kollega says:

This looks rather cool, and i’ll probably be buying it (if i can defeat Ebenezer Scrooge in me, that is). But you know what i want? A racing game that could load region maps from a SimCity 4-style city-building game and let you drive around those. That would be the ultimate road-trip game, i think – and who doesn’t love a good road-trip?

• Jason Moyer says:

Isn’t that what Streets of Simcity was? Also, SimCity Rush Hour.

• Kollega says:

Sort of, but SoSC’s graphics and gameplay haven’t aged well, and Rush Hour only allows you to drive in the boundaries of one city. Now if you could drive through all your giant region in Rush Hour, that would be something like what i want.

7. Megakoresh says:

This will definitely be on my radar. Ubisoft has got quite a selection for next gen.

8. Derty says:

This game looks pretty fun and I am looking forward to it. That being said if this game requires Uplay, Ubisoft can stick it just right back up their ass…

9. Iskariot says:

Being an asocial misfit the words “social approach to driving” put me off completely.
    For those who enjoy the “social approach” this will be a lot of fun.

10. portchd says:

Holy shit, I love open worlds, I love racing games, this is a day one purchase for me, its looks like a nicer version of TDU2, a game I put well over 30 Hours into it, (according to steam) and will play this game too much

11. abbieray says:

my co-worker’s mother makes $86/hr on the laptop.
    She has been without work for five months but last month her pay was $15564
    just working on the laptop for a few hours. visit their website ……………http://www.pick85.com/

12. dagudman says:

Besides the open world and car costumisation the rest seems average.

13. jellydonut says:

No in-car view. I’m going to guess they’ve taken the Need for Speed route of not including manual gear changes either.

In that case the rest becomes completely meaningless.