No Flare Path Today, Simulation Offering

By Jim Rossignol on September 20th, 2013 at 1:00 pm.

There’s no Flare Path today, with Mr Stone being delayed until the weekend. To keep in the spirit of 1300 on a Friday, however, I wanted to point you towards the Spintires tech demo. Have you played it? Holy cow, that’s some good off-roading. Throwing this mad Russian ATV into a heap of mud is quite the thing.

Spintires had a successful Kickstarter a while back, and should be materialising as a full game pretty soon.

__________________

« | »

, , .

1. Capt. Eduardo del Mango says:

No Flare Path?

NO FLARE PATH?!

That’s it, we’re rioting. With extremely specific pieces of antiquated military hardware.

2. rustybroomhandle says:

Euro Truck Sim 2′s Going East expansion was released today. That’s pretty Flare Pathey news.

3. haradaya says:

This reminds me so much of Off-Road Drive; it was an obstacle course, not a track. Knowing how to effectively mount each obstacle was key.

4. jonahcutter says:

I wish Spintires and The Long Dark would hook up and make a beautiful post-apocalyptic-wilderness-survival-on-wheels baby.

5. Ultra Superior says:

I Don’t usually care for sim games, but I liked the videos of this game a lot, so I downloaded and tried the demo…..

Are you serious? Is this supposed to be a simulation ? My lawnmower has more horsepower that those trucks and I don’t remember even the muddiest dirt roads to be 5 feet “deep”.

seriously, is it a sim or sim kind of a sim joke ?

• Velko says:

I don’t have personal experience on this particular vehicle, but as a certified commander of a BTR-60 APC I can tell you that those old Russian things have ridiculously low horsepower.

6. The Random One says:

Maybe this is just a complex, ARG style Foxer that’s hiding the true article. So let’s see, we have Kickstarter… Jim Rossignol… Spintires… Russian ATV… Weekend… Ok it’s very clear that the solution to this week’s riddle is the Mexican comedy series El Chavo del Ocho, but I don’t know where to go from there.

7. jellydonut says:

Can someone take Spintires, BeamNG, and Euro Truck Simulator 2, and make all of those one game?

Thanks in advance.

8. pupsikaso says:

Over-the-shoulder cam for a truck game? COME ON!

And it’s a damn shame they didn’t reach 80K pounds for internal camera view. That would have been fun.

And I just hope this game doesn’t cost 50 bucks when it comes out.

9. analydilatedcorporatestyle says:

I quite liked it apart from once stuck in the mud on a hill the mud sort of follows you down onto what was once hard ground.

How to make a game out of it?????????? But as a physics licence to port into other games, well I like the sound of that! Got me thinking about Crysis(NOT 2 or 3) or Arma…………..

10. pupsikaso says:

After playing some more I can safely say that this “tech demo” is unplayable without a first-person view.
    And the tires on the jeep don’t seem to be round at all.

11. JuliaPeterson32 says:

my classmate’s ex-wife makes $65/hr on the computer. She has been out of work for 9 months but last month her check was $12932 just working on the computer for a few hours. additional reading…………….. http://tinyurl.com/n3ccbnk

12. Overload-J says:

Simulation news for the day may explain Mr. Stone’s absence:

Steel Beasts Pro PE 3.0 is out. ( http://www.esimgames.com/ )

Now with even more tanks and artillery than ever before!

Comment on this story