No Flare Path Today, Simulation Offering

There’s no Flare Path today, with Mr Stone being delayed until the weekend. To keep in the spirit of 1300 on a Friday, however, I wanted to point you towards the Spintires tech demo. Have you played it? Holy cow, that’s some good off-roading. Throwing this mad Russian ATV into a heap of mud is quite the thing.

Spintires had a successful Kickstarter a while back, and should be materialising as a full game pretty soon.

Sponsored links by Taboola

More from the web

From this site

1. Capt. Eduardo del Mango says:

No Flare Path?

That’s it, we’re rioting. With extremely specific pieces of antiquated military hardware.

• Lord Custard Smingleigh says:

I think you’ll find today’s activities revolve around a live-fire exercise with a lovingly restored Bundeswehr Taktische Feldküche 250 “Gulaschkanone”.

• stahlwerk says:

…the only cannon you’ll want to be on the receiving end of. (r)

• Palindrome says:

Not even then, unless you like turnip and rancid horsemeat.

• stahlwerk says:

Delicious, delicious horse.

• annie05 says:

my co-worker’s step-mother makes $65/hour on the computer. She has been without a job for six months but last month her payment was $19965 just working on the computer for a few hours. Read More Here
            …………………………….. link to

• stahlwerk says:

This SJW* attitude that permeates RPS lately will not stand!

Edit: …, John!

*) Simulation’s jack worth

• zachforrest says:

I feel like i’ve turned up to last period history and instead of the beloved, old history master we’ve got Deputy-Head Rossignol

• DiamondDog says:

Nah, Jim would totally be head of the science department. Always walking around in a lab coat covered in weird burn marks. Millions of pens in every pocket. Maybe a bow-tie.

• zachforrest says:

Yes, yours is better. Walker possibly deputy head/head of student discipline.

2. rustybroomhandle says:

Euro Truck Sim 2’s Going East expansion was released today. That’s pretty Flare Pathey news.

3. haradaya says:

This reminds me so much of Off-Road Drive; it was an obstacle course, not a track. Knowing how to effectively mount each obstacle was key.

phuzz says:

Knowing how to effectively mount each obstacle was key.

and in the game?

4. jonahcutter says:

I wish Spintires and The Long Dark would hook up and make a beautiful post-apocalyptic-wilderness-survival-on-wheels baby.

• Panda Powered says:

Mдd Mдxikov: The Offяoad Waяяioя: Beyond Tunguskadome.

5. Ultra Superior says:

I Don’t usually care for sim games, but I liked the videos of this game a lot, so I downloaded and tried the demo…..

Are you serious? Is this supposed to be a simulation ? My lawnmower has more horsepower that those trucks and I don’t remember even the muddiest dirt roads to be 5 feet “deep”.

seriously, is it a sim or sim kind of a sim joke ?

• Velko says:

I don’t have personal experience on this particular vehicle, but as a certified commander of a BTR-60 APC I can tell you that those old Russian things have ridiculously low horsepower.

The Random One says:

Maybe this is just a complex, ARG style Foxer that’s hiding the true article. So let’s see, we have Kickstarter… Jim Rossignol… Spintires… Russian ATV… Weekend… Ok it’s very clear that the solution to this week’s riddle is the Mexican comedy series El Chavo del Ocho, but I don’t know where to go from there.

7. jellydonut says:

Can someone take Spintires, BeamNG, and Euro Truck Simulator 2, and make all of those one game?

Thanks in advance.

8. pupsikaso says:

Over-the-shoulder cam for a truck game? COME ON!

And it’s a damn shame they didn’t reach 80K pounds for internal camera view. That would have been fun.

And I just hope this game doesn’t cost 50 bucks when it comes out.

9. analydilatedcorporatestyle says:

I quite liked it apart from once stuck in the mud on a hill the mud sort of follows you down onto what was once hard ground.

How to make a game out of it?????????? But as a physics licence to port into other games, well I like the sound of that! Got me thinking about Crysis(NOT 2 or 3) or Arma…………..

• squareking says:

I’d really like to see this in the next Men of War game.

10. pupsikaso says:

After playing some more I can safely say that this “tech demo” is unplayable without a first-person view.
    And the tires on the jeep don’t seem to be round at all.

11. Overload-J says:

Simulation news for the day may explain Mr. Stone’s absence:

Steel Beasts Pro PE 3.0 is out. ( link to )

Now with even more tanks and artillery than ever before!