Citizens Of Earth Points The Way To Kickstarter

By Jim Rossignol on September 23rd, 2013 at 2:00 pm.

People in the know – this case Mr Stanton – tell me that Eden Industries‘ (who previously made Waveform) light-hearted RPG Citizens Of Earth is looking rather promising indeed. But what it is? “It’s an RPG that places you in the shoes of the Vice President of the World! Citizens of Earth combines the modern setting and humorous tone of Earthbound with the recruitment mechanics of games like Pokemon and Suikoden.” And is it looking promising enough to raise $100k Canadian on Kickstarter? (That’s about £60k, Sterling fans!) That’s what the devs are hoping. Pitch video can be glimpsed below.

__________________

« | »

, .

1. GamesInquirer says:

I saw another place praise it for not using pixel graphics (like those of the games it is inspired by, the Mother/Earthbound series). To me that’s a minus as they look quite cheap in comparison. But the rest of it seems pretty good, a faithful yet unique homage, if they get the story and gameplay right of course.

• RyanVandendyck says:

Thanks for checking out the game! We just released the demo on our Kickstarter, so if you want to see for yourself what it’s all about, feel free to go grab it!

2. Nevard says:

It kind of just looks like the Nintendo Wii’s Little King’s Story but with much lower production values and tedious turn-based RPG battles

3. YoungSeal says:

Why talk to Caffeine Tank at all if you don’t want coffee?

4. InternetBatman says:

Revisor brought this up on his reddit page:
    (linked to in the forum Kickstarter Katchup)

This game looks pretty cool. It’s been neat seeing a bunch of Canadian games come onto kickstarter now that it operates in their country. My favorite right now is Terminus (below), but more keep popping up each week.

5. TheGameSquid says:

I accidentally read “It’s an RPG that takes place in the shoes of the Vice President of the World!”, which kinda reminded me of The Minish Cap :)

6. trjp says:

I love Waveform, it’s genuinely original and smart.

They also gave Waveform’s DLC ‘for free’ to everyone who bought the game “on or around launch” which is cool!

This looks quite interesting too so I’m in…

• RyanVandendyck says:

Thanks! It’s always great to find a Waveform fan. And thanks a ton for your interest in Citizens of Earth too, that’s awesome!

7. RyanVandendyck says:

Hey everyone I’m Ryan, the creator of Citizens of Earth. Thanks for checking out the game! If you have any questions, feel free to post them and I’d be thrilled to answer them.

And if you want to try the game our for yourself, we released the demo via the Kickstarter page. Have fun!