Surgeon Simulator ARG Yields Out Of This World Secret

By Nathan Grayson on September 28th, 2013 at 2:00 pm.

Dammit Jim, I'm a doctor, not a really, really different kind of doctor.

Well, that didn’t take long. Like an expert surgeon carving out cavities and worming sausage-fingers indiscriminately between guts, Bossa recently stuffed an ARG into Surgeon Simulator 2013′s latest update. For hours – no, more than a whole day – Codename: Trisha had the game’s community stumped. But then, finally, after many long, sleepless nights, a solution beamed into view. Bizarre, cryptic messages? Wild numerical spews? Enough video tapes to construct a pyramid that’d awe even the most complacent of mice? What could it all mean? Go below to find out.

Alien surgery! Specifically, you have to perform a gobbleshaft transplant, which is I guess a very delicate procedure? Why else would beings both physically and technologically light-years ahead of us enlist the aid of the world’s best… er, um… greatest… except, well… hrm. Anyway, moving on.

There are five other equally mystifying procedures on top of that, and also a few entirely perplexing alien surgical tools to help you cut, squish, and hemorrhage your way to victory.

If it’s been a while since you donned your, um, watch and maybe washed your hands for a Surgeon Sim operation, there’s now also the option to help TF2′s Heavy with that whole “having viscera” problem he won’t stop bellyaching about. So basically, Surgeon Simulator’s only gotten more ridiculous with time – kind of like a fine wine except gobbleshaft. I mean, really, it’s no wonder gamers make better surgeons. Compared to this stuff, real surgery must be a total cakewalk. Who wants to let me test my theory? Don’t worry: I charge fantastic rates.

__________________

« | »

, .

1. rei says:

I don’t know why I still don’t own this beautiful game.

• LionsPhil says:

Because watching other people play it on YouTube is largely as funny but overall less frustrating?

• Rikard Peterson says:

I was wondering the opposite when Steam informed me that my game had been updated. I must have got it in one of those bundles and forgot about it.

• Sivart13 says:

I got that message too but I don’t own the game. They must have meant “your” as an honorific.

• MarieHarris says:

my classmate’s aunt makes $76 an hour on the laptop. She has been out of work for 5 months but last month her pay check was $17072 just working on the laptop for a few hours. my link…. http://www.works25.com

• julli1 says:

I quit working at shop rite and now I make $35h – $80h…how? I’m working online! My work didn’t exactly make me happy so I decided to take a chance on something new… after 4 years it was so hard to quit my day job but now I couldn’t be happier. Hear is what I do http://www.Max47.com

• julli1 says:

• julli1 says:

►►➨➨►► Emma make serious money working from home only a few hours everyday and make a nice extra money doing what you already do, here you can find out more… ➨➨➨➨

2. BillyIII says:

All this game needs now is Zoidberg as a playable character.

• Headwired says:

A great idea, why not Zoidberg?

• yuri999 says:

Because licensed character = requires monies.

• The Ultimate Clone of The Ultimate Warrior says:

Zoidberg cares not about puny lawyers! He only cares when they revoke his My First Medical License for confusing a Cow’s intestins for a Robot’s heart.

3. Freud says:

No probing, no sale.

4. Mrice says:

It took me a little while to piece how to do this together from various vague forum threads. Partly beacose i had scores for both the in space surgeries in the menu so i assumed i had done them. I had not. And to find this secret you have to enter a key into the keypad on the third surgery which only unlocks when you have done the two prior.

But damn. Those alien surgeries are fun. If a tad confusing. You kinda have to guess the organ based off the name. So the pewball is the big glowey ball near the bottom. But totally worth it.

5. Razgovory says:

This is what scientists were doing in X-COM

6. Tei says:

This is why we love videogames.