The Sim(ian)s, Free: Gun Monkeys Free Weekend

By Adam Smith on September 28th, 2013 at 9:00 am.

It’s no Monkey Tennis but Size Five’s Gun Monkeys has found its fans. It’s a procedurally generated, physics-based 1 vs 1 deathmatch game and, being a multiplayer sort of thing, it is hungry for new players. To entice fresh monkey-handlers, Size Five are allowing people to play for free this weekend, on Steam, and reducing the price of the game by 50% during that time. That makes the price £1.99 and that’s for two copies of the game so you can pass one along to a friend. And then kill their monkeys. I haven’t played it yet but I may jump in this weekend. Video below.

While The Swindle is on hold and we wait to hear what Size Five do next, I’m crossing my every digit in the hope that it’s another Ben and Dan adventure. Yes yes yes, new things are good. But let us not forget the brilliance of those games. A few years ago, I was inspired to draw some character sprites in an effort to make my own point and clicker because I enjoyed Ben There, Dan That so much.

I drew a soggy pirate with two wooden legs and then ate some biscuits instead. I am very bad at making games.

__________________

« | »

, , , .

1. LionsPhil says:

This is the best excuse plot (and most delightful narration of it) I can remember in a long time.

• julli1 says:

I quit working at shop rite and now I make $35h – $80h…how? I’m working online! My work didn’t exactly make me happy so I decided to take a chance on something new… after 4 years it was so hard to quit my day job but now I couldn’t be happier. Hear is what I do http://www.Max47.com

2. Xocrates says:

Played this when the free weekend started, but I honestly not sure what to think about it.

While I must say the game is genuinely a lot of fun, it is ultimately too thin, with weird controls, and some other questionable design decisions.

I love Size Five (though they’ll always be Zombie Cow in my eyes) but ultimately I don’t know whether I can justify getting this. It’s not a game that I would play a lot due to being so thin, I do not expect the multiplayer to remain alive outside of events like this, and I simply do not have the friends that would play this.

• evengle015 says:

my neighbor’s sister-in-law makes $81/hour on the internet. She has been laid off for eight months but last month her pay was $21701 just working on the internet for a few hours. Read Full Article =-=-=-=- http://goo.gl/G40gh3

3. MarieHarris says:

my classmate’s aunt makes $76 an hour on the laptop. She has been out of work for 5 months but last month her pay check was $17072 just working on the laptop for a few hours. my link…. http://www.works25.com

4. Oasx says:

I just downloaded it and wanted to play a few matches, but after trying several times i have been unable to start a match, the game just seems to pause in various places while loading, combined with the very buggy tutorial i don’t exactly have a great first impression.
    Normally i would just uninstall it, but because it is from the creators of the great Ben & Dan games, i will give it another shot tomorrow.

5. somnolentsurfer says:

Downloaded it. It’s a bit finicky about the 360 controller, but got it working eventually. It’s a lot of fun. Seems slow to start with, but it builds up, especially once you find other players around your level (I won a disproportionate number, given how shockingly poor I am at games).

I can’t see myself playing loads of it in the future, but it looks like it’d be awesome for local multiplayer, and that’s easily worth £2. Particularly as I must owe Dan That quite a bit given how little I paid him for his previous work.

Comment on this story