Block And Baffle: CLARK

By Adam Smith on September 30th, 2013 at 2:00 pm.

When I see block-pushing puzzle games, which require the sort of forward-thinking and careful positioning that I’m somehow incapable of, I reckon my response is similar to John’s when he’s assaulted by a popular sports management simulation. I don’t want to push the block to redirect the laser onto the switch to open the gateway that leads to the next puzzle. I don’t want to because I can’t. Games like CLARK stump me at the first pass, requiring reserves of patience that I have been somehow denied. Still, Golden Tricycle’s puzzler is an attractive example of the form and seems to have been fairly well received on the Ouya. It’s now on Greenlight and there’s a trailer below.

The press release informs me that many of the robots are drunk. Scandalous.

, , .

Sponsored links by Taboola

LTK says:

I remember this game! When it was last shown on RPS it looked really bland, graphically, and the music was extremely annoying. Now it looks and sounds much, much better!

• Deathmaster says:

Now that you mention it, comparing the two seems like comparing two games from a different era.

• rendermat says:

Thx. Yes the game has changed a lot indeed:
      We put one year more effort in it, tripled the team size, redesigned everything, added narration, composed a soundtrack, designed more than 100 puzzles and increased the level number from 3 to 25. I am glad it shows.
      Cheers, GoldenTricycle, CodeMonkey

2. Keyrock says:

This looks pretty cool. I’m a sucker for puzzle games.

Lord Custard Smingleigh says:

Charming presentation, I look forward to finding out more.

4. unimural says:

This immediately made me think of Mr. Robot. Except I couldn’t remember the name at the time. Mr. Robot was a pretty impressive mix of multiple genres. At it’s heart it’s an adventure puzzle platformer with jrpg combat during the hacking sections. And it’s cute. Like seriously cute. I guess it was a bit ahead of it’s time, as Steam wasn’t as indie friendly at that time. A lost gem in any case. Admittedly it was a challenging game mixing genres with little overlap.

It’s still on sale on the developer (Moonpod) site, although they are no longer active.

Mr. Robot Trailer