At Last, A Game About Animal Farts! Worlds Of Wanda

By John Walker on October 3rd, 2013 at 8:00 am.

We get sent a lot of email about a lot of games, as you might expect. We can’t post about all of them, so some manner of arbitrary arbitration takes place somewhere inside our brains. Turns out one way to skip to the front of the line is to have the words “collect animal farts” in your game’s opening description. Worlds Of Wanda, you have my attention.

I can’t believe I’m typing this: This is a puzzle game in which you stack animal types in columns on a rotating planet, and then drop an animal they’re scared of on top of that column to make them all fart with fear. You then collect those farts.

But it’s not just another tile stacking game – there’s more going on in there, including attacking enemy towers, defending towers (but not tower defence), and “throwing animals around”. Throwing animals, collecting farts – it’s like someone’s made a game about my life.

There is, inevitably, some fundraising here. Dark Plan are after just $7,000 via IndieGoGo. But as I think I should have established, this is a game about collecting farts, so I really cannot envisage a reality where RPS readers haven’t funded this before they’ve finished reading the post.

__________________

« | »

, , , , .

1. Anthile says:

I can’t believe this is the first use of the farts tag. Also, why is there Japanese text under the title when the game is being developed in Israel?

2. Niko says:

Visually this reminds me of Locoroco and Takashi Murakami’s art. Up with this sort of thing, I say!

3. gwathdring says:

This is absolutely lovely to look upon, absurdly adorable, and properly silly. Sadly, it doesn’t look like my kind of thing in terms of how it plays. I’m tempted though just for the sheer joy of it. I probably won’t back, but I wish it the best of successes.

4. CookPassBabtridge says:

This game is highly unrealistic. As any dog owner will tell you, the presence of a predator is not necessary to bring on foul smelling emissions

5. InternetBatman says:

You forgot to mention that the game is flexible funding.

6. DarkPlan says:

John thank you so much for writing about my game!

To those wondering about the flexible funding, this is my first time crowd funding and I wasn’t aware people don’t like this type of funding until it was too late. The goal is not so high and I want to finish the game regardless. Funds will go directly to software licenses and help finish this game faster. So sorry for that!

7. One Million Monkeys says:

A fart called Wanda?

8. The Random One says:

Forget about strong female characters, the key to equality is farting female characters. The fart arts unite us all.

The game looks great, but I think I’ll wait for the demo before pledging.