2K Yanks GFWL From Bioshock 2, Brings DLC To Steam

By Craig Pearson on October 4th, 2013 at 8:00 pm.

Small victories are important. Games For Windows Live has been minced into a fine paste and sent off to a major supermarket chain as a horse meat substitute, but the effects of it are still being felt. Most games are still saddled with the client, and it takes an act of will on the part of the publishers to swab that canker sore. 2K did that to BioShock 2 last night. All traces of the client have been yanked out of the Steam version, with the publisher adding joypad and Big Picture support in, as well as bringing the DLC to Steam for you to buy (so it’s not totally altruistic). It’s the first time Minerva’s Den can be bought anywhere but the GFWL marketplace.

If you already own Bioshock 2 on Steam, check your DLC tab. It looks as if 2K have added Minerva’s Den to all current owners of the Steam version for free. And if you own it on GFWL, just stick your key into Steam and it’ll add it to your account. The rest will have to buy it. They’ve also fiddled with the multiplayer’s matchmaking as well. I might pop-in and play that, actually. It always looked interesting.

Warner Bros. will be following suit with the pair of Arkham games on Steam having GFWL sucked out of the open wound. I can’t imagine Bethesda or Rockstar doing this to the Fallout or GTA: IV, but I still have some hope.

, , , , , , , .

1. Guvornator says:

Yup, it’s on my DLC list. Hopefully, this will set a standard for GFWL swap overs.

• GunnerMcCaffrey says:

[Looks sidelong at Dark Souls]

• Amun says:

I’m looking longingly at dead rising 2, myself. My co-op partner said no GFWL games ever, so I was left all alone. I doubt Capcom would bother though… =\

• Cooper says:

Dead Rising 2 was my “never again” GFWL game. I’d been playing it offline for a while. Got about half way through. new PC, went online. Logged in with another GFWL account (didn;t even realise I had two) and actually registered the game, like a good little consumer. Then was locked out of my save games because they were on another account.

Sitting on my hard drive. Accessible files. I could delete them, move them, copy them. GFWL just refused to read them. Contacted MS and their response was useless.

• jon_hill987 says:

Capcom are using Steam over GfWL for the next update to Street Fighter IV. What will happen to those who don’t want to upgrade however…

• Baines says:

Capcom switched to Steamworks for Ultra Street Fighter 4 simply because they already knew Microsoft was going to shut down GFWL, and because that information would be public before Ultra saw release. Knowing it would be hard to sell a new game that everyone knew would be losing its online support within a few months, Capcom switched to Steamworks and passed it off as listening to the fans. (Capcom announced the change before GFWL fate was leaked.)

People have been asking Capcom about its other games since the GFWL news broke, including the other fighting game Street Fighter x Tekken. As far as I’ve seen, Capcom has remained silent on everything beyond Ultra.

• Delixe says:

Games that are switching to Steamworks have had a closed beta tab on Steam. Bioshock 2, Arkham Asylum, Arkham City and Super Street Fighter 4 AE. Dark Souls and Street Fighter X Tekken also have closed beta’s so it’s not unreasonable to assume they will be switching as well. Best you can hope for games like Bulletstorm, Dead Rising 2 and Ace Combat is GFWL authentication being patched out as none of those games have beta’s.

Actually I tell a lie Ace Combat: Assault Horizon has recently had a beta added.

• Panda Powered says:

Just dug up my box still in plastic wrapping. Added the GFWL code to steam and I got “Bioshock 2 and Minerva’s Den DLC”. Thank you 2K! :)
      I hope Bethesda will do the same with Fallout 3. It’s outright broken if you don’t fiddle with GFWL outside the game in Windows 8, at least the non-steam version (and one .ini file tweak away from constant freezes I might add).

drewski says:

Yeah, giving the Minerva’s Den DLC for free to people who’ve already bought it is really classy.

• mouton says:

How about giving it for free to people who haven’t bought it? Because, you know, that’s what happened.

• Samizdata says:

Not so much. I still have Den installed and it is still showing up as unowned for $10 in Steam. So I have a trouble ticket in waiting for an answer.

• Lemming says:

There’s a ‘GFWL removal’ mod on the Fallout 3 nexus site. I’ve always used that. Just remember to undo it if you ever uninstall FO3, as otherwise if you reinstall, it goes apeshit because GWFL doesn’t work.

• Panda Powered says:

If you play with mods you likely use the script extender. It has automagical GfWL disabling. It consists of some files in the game’s main directory so no uninstall worries with GfWL.
          (For anyone unfamiliar with it or wondering. It’s a layer of in-game scripting many mods use but GfWL can’t differentiate it from a cheat injector or similar so it must disable GfWL when running).

• Samizdata says:

That is really great for all of you, but those of us that bought BS2 on Steam, and Minerva’s Den on GfWL and that cannot get a straight answer from 2K Support about their status, well, we wish you all might stop running around, proclaiming 2K the best DEVELOPER EVER!

I mean, yes, I bought the game, but I had NO choice on the addition of GfWL at all, so why am I being forced to bear the burden of dealing with the fact that it appears I threw the money for Minerva’s Den down a hole in the ground (and, speaking of holes in the ground, I wish I knew what was going to happen with Fable III and Fable III DLC now),

So, howsabout you lucky folks should just sit back and quietly enjoy your good bloody luck, instead of those of us that have owned the property longer than you and that are getting screwed instead of you? This is the joy of being a legit, law-abiding game purchaser.

2. Ansob says:

The free Minerva’s Den copy to all people who own Bioshock 2 on Steam is pretty altruistic of them; congrats to 2K for being champs.

edit: speaking of other GfWL games, I imagine there’s good hopes for Street Fighter IV being converted, since:
    a) Capcom have pretty much fully embraced Steamworks; and
    b) there was some talk of their selling an upgrade to the next release of SFIV as DLC to Arcade Edition on consoles, and I imagine they’ll want to do the same on PC.

• Jalan says:

Street Fighter IV will have GFWL removed eventually, but it’ll only be for the ultimate/ultra edition of the game to my understanding – which is going to be an upgrade to the game at a cost (unless this plan changes in the future).

3. Drinking with Skeletons says:

I would like Relic to do this for Dawn of War II and Chaos Rising. At this point, nobody plays the multiplayer, but the very good single player content deserves to be unencumbered by a dead system.

Also, how about Bulletstorm while we’re at it?

• siliciferous says:

We can only hope that the right people in Relic are still around in enough capacity to afford doing that for us :(

• Panda Powered says:

The co-op campaign was the best part for me and my friends and a real shame if it just goes *poof*.

In time I hope everyone will be forced to replace GFWL or a good part of older titles will be unusable. I haven’t seen anything about what will happen the day MS shut down the GFWL servers for good. Will we be forced to use cracks if we want to play them? And in that case, what would happen to the continued digital sales of them? Would steam and the other stores just have to remove them? So many questions. :P

• Samizdata says:

I am worried about my Fable III and the DLC expansions I purchased for it.

4. luieburger says:

I bought Bioshock 2 on a pre-order discount, but never installed it or played it.

When SteamOS comes out I’ll have to play this game over streaming. Just to distance the game even futher from Windows.

5. dancingcrab says:

FYI:

If you have a retail copy (disc copy, in my case), the key not only redeems BS2, but also Minerva’s Den. All multiplayer DLC is included with the base game to boot.

Pretty altruistic if you ask me.

• Alphadrop says:

Thanks for mentioning that, just added my disc version to Steam so can finally play the “new” dlc. New according to the product description anyway.

6. Hicks233 says:

So has it swapped one drm client for another? Not exactly progress if that’s the case.

• Kollega says:

I agree – but at the very least, Steam is a DRM client that works better. It’s the lesser of two evils, in my opinion.

• LionsPhil says:

Is it Steamworks now, and was it Steamworks (+GFWL) before? I’m looking at past versions of its PCGW entry and it’s not clear to me if this is “two account-based DRM solutions for double the no-connection-to-server fun to just the one”, or “one account-based for another less-broken one”, or even “one account-based to distributed via Steam but not locked to it once installed”.

Any of these are an improvement.

• Jalan says:

It’s integrated in with Steamworks now, it wasn’t before – it relied too heavily on GFWL and SecuROM to do all the heavy lifting for its DRM and achievement-centric duties.

• The Random One says:

Also, you can buy Steamworks games outside of Steam. So they limit you ability to play the same way, but at least give a little more freedom to purchase.

All DRM is bad, but not all DRM is equally bad.

• Dominus_Anulorum says:

It’s a win because, before this, you had to have both steam and GFWL. Now you just need steam. Some people will still be upset with this, and I get that. I own games on steam but I try to buy from developers and GoG whenever I can. However, hopefully this signifies developers realizing that they don’t need two drm, since steam already serves that purpose. Ubisoft, I’m looking at you…

• Vinraith says:

It didn’t previously require Steam unless you had bought it on Steam.

• Dominus_Anulorum says:

Oh really? I did not know that. My amazon copy of the game had to be registered, I think, so I just assumed they all did. So does that mean some copies of the game are drm free now?

• Vinraith says:

I’m not entirely sure. I had a copy on Games for Windows Marketplace, and the only thing I appear to be able to do with that is register the serial key to Steam (which is markedly better than just losing it outright). No idea bout other retail copies.

• Panda Powered says:

My physical retail copy bought at Gamestop had GFWL only. Just disc check and the GFWL wizardry.
            I’m not brave enough to see what happens if I install it now but my guess is it will use the exact same things as yesterday -> Disc + latest patch from GFWL and the GFWL client. The new stuff they did is most likely only on the version downloaded from steam.

• Vinraith says:

@Panda

Retail keys for Bioshock 2 definitely register to Steam now, the question is whether it’s possible to run a retail copy without having to do that.

• Spakkenkhrist says:

I’m reading that in the Idle Thumbs nerd warrior voice.

• MadTinkerer says:

Steam does not act as a DRM client for all Steam games. If that were true, then 1000 Amps would not work without it. 1000 Amps and others on Steam do not use Steam as DRM. Therefore, and it is a pity this is not made clearer, Steam is not a DRM client for all Steam games. Yet some persist in acting as if it is.

Some games do indeed use Steam as a form of DRM: the Bastion executable on Steam will not run without Steam running. However, DRM is not the primary purpose of Steam. Calling Steam a DRM client implies that it is, when it is not. This has been proven by the simple fact that many Steam games ignore whether Steam is running or not.

The DRM options of Steam are there to soothe publishers’ shareholders’ worries about those mythical software pirates who “steal” data somehow. Unlike Origin, UPlay, the current Battle.net, and other insidious services which are primarily designed to match executable files with accounts on proprietary servers with the intention of preventing the use of any software not proved legitimate to the company’s satisfaction, Steam is not a DRM client. There are similar features of Steam which can be used, but they are entirely up to the publisher. Indeed, many publishers do not use any restrictive features BECAUSE I HAVE GAMES IN MY STEAM LIBRARY WHICH RUN JUST FINE WITHOUT STEAM I HAVE TESTED THIS YOU IGNORANT HEATHENS.

So, in short, I respectfully disagree with the assessment expressed.

P.S. Fuck you for not appreciating free Minerva’s Den.

• Emeraude says:

For people who buy their games retail, all that Steam does when being forced to interact with it is make the lending, gifting or reselling impossible. It *is* a DRM.

You may find it more convenient, or less bothersome. Personally, I share the sentiment: that here we went from Charybdis to Scylla.

That being said, the free DLC *is* a commendable move.

• Deano2099 says:

1000 Amps uses Steamworks for multiplayer?

Steam is not Steamworks, and I’m fairly sure if you want to use it for MP you have to use the DRM, though I’ll be happy to hear I’m wrong.

• Samizdata says:

I’ll listen to you when I find out if I even get the Minerva’s Den I PAID OUT OF POCKET FOR LIKE A GOOD LITTLE LEGIT USER in my Steam Account back. Or even something other than a bloody binder monkey non-answer from 2K on the matter (since it is fundamentally THEIR FAULT for choosing GfWL in the FIRST DAMN PLACE).

Otherwise, go bugger yourself.

• Alexrd says:

Completely agree. Removing GfWL and adding Steamworks is still crap.

• Baines says:

It is progress when one of those DRM systems:
      1) Has already had its store front shut down (making it impossible to buy Minerva’s Den).
      2) Is being shut down entirely next year.

PikaBot says:

I can’t imagine why people would be excited about a move away from a reviled, soon-to-be-defunct DRM system that had been fundamentally broken from day one and has a reputation for chewing on your save games, and towards a DRM system so popular that it essentially is the PC gaming market at this point.

Sheeple, all of them.

• Emeraude says:

If your problem with GFWL happens to be with the failure in execution of what it does, then chances are you’ll find the switch to Steam an amelioration. If it’s the fundamentals of what it does that bother you – and the loss of what it take from you, then the change is mostly meaningless.

Could it be possible once in a while to simply acknowledge that different people have different priorities, and that it doesn’t make either side stupid or bad ? I’m pretty sure most people who support Steam do it because they have wants and needs that are not mine. Not because they are stupid or mindless (well, to be honest, there’s one subgroup, the tiny minority I call the “Steam Proselytes”. They kinda scare me.).

That doesn’t mean I have to share their views. Nor that I should silence mine (the reciprocity being true of course).

7. Kollega says:

I wonder what’s going to happen with Red Faction: Guerrilla. The sequel, Armageddon, is already on Steamworks, but Guerrilla, which has actual competitive multiplayer in it, is still stuck with GfWL, which makes playing said multiplayer a little problematic. And i’m afraid that Nordic Games, which now owns the Red Faction franchise, might not have the interest or resources to convert that game to Steamworks.

8. zin33 says:

too bad i lost all of my achievements :(
    will have to re do em sometime again for steam

• Sigh says:

Luckily you still have your real life achievements to fill you with pride and elation.

• Panda Powered says:

You still have all your ‘chivos if you log in with your account on an Xbox360. You can admire the pretty icons and score on the Xbox website too if you want. They won’t go away just because GFWL will. And now you can get a new set of the same shiny icons to show to your friends on Steam too! ;)

9. who_me says:

Bethesda actually fixing up their games? That would be one cold day in hell…

• Hicks233 says:

It’s just 2K on this as far as I can tell.

Bethesda/Zenimax already have their tongue up Valve’s arse. If they can smell some more money though they’ll jump on it like a bucking bronco, shackle them to steamworks drm then republish them.

DrScuttles says:

Bethesda did extract GFWL from Fallout 3 on their own volition for whatever reason an age ago.

• tyren says:

Yeah, I was gonna say, I bought the game on Steam years ago and while at the time you still had to use GFWL to download the DLC (which has since been placed on Steam), before I wanted to play the DLC I played the game without running GFWL at all.

• Panda Powered says:

That’s interesting. I didn’t know that. I always play my retail copy with mods anyway so I have to use a GFWL disabler.
          So not really an issue but it would be nice if they had removed it in retail too or migrated everyone to Steam (I think the last patch at least removes the cd-check for the game exe but not the launcher exe).

I’m not going to buy it one more time though as I already have the first version from launch, Broken Steel from GfWL Marketplace and later bought the GotY edition…

• Lemming says:

I don’t believe that’s true. AFAIK you can still only remove it if you use the mod on Fallout 3 Nexus.

10. The Random One says:

If all publishers were this nice, I’d wither and die without any hatred to feed on.

• MykulJaxin says:

Never fear, my child.
      The comments section on Youtube will exist forever as a smorgasbord with which to sate thy hunger for hatred.

• LionsPhil says:

Eh, but hooting loonigans on the Internet don’t really have the cackling, malevolent influence of big publishers.

You could try following politics or banking, but you might overdose doing that.

11. Zmeda says:

I know there were murmurings about the Batman games fully converting to Steam as well, but it would be nice to see it done ASAP. I’d like to replay them but without the tumor attached.

Also…Dark Souls, sweetie? Get your room in order and then we can play.

DrScuttles says:

Sweetie? Possibly we play different games; Dark Souls is totally the top in my relationship.

• Sharlie Shaplin says:

GFWL ate my Arkham CIty saves twice, so I never got very far into it. Get to it Rocksteady!

theodacourt says:

This is pleasing news!

13. kud13 says:

This is good news.

I think I bought Minerva’s Den from GaFWL’s marketplace at some point.

never got to play it due to the idiocy that it GaFWL.

I did play through BS2, and it was pretty ok. I heard good things about Minerva’s den, would like to give it a spin.

slerbal says:

Good for 2K – a nice way to do their players a good turn and earn themselves some good will – everyone benefits as any company which does even the occasional long term support of their games is one worth supporting imo.

If/when Arkham City finally loses GfWL I might actually get it and play it.

Like other commenters above I hope they remove GfWL from the underrated and excellent Red Faction: Guerilla, but at least their is a gfwl replacement dll you can drop into the game that removes it from single player.

15. Stardreamer says:

So…it is safe to assume, then, that while Steam has promised replacement EXEs for customer’s games should they ever go under, there was no such backup solution in place for GFWL?

Meaning we’re in serious danger of losing our ability to play some pretty awesome titles?

• Vinraith says:

Steam never promised any such thing, neither has any other distributor, and no failing distributor could be trusted to keep such a promise anyway.

• ZombieFan says:

Agreed. When a company is going under, it’s difficult to motivate people to implement DRM-Free patches if they’re about to be laid off.

• Stardreamer says:

Excuse me if I don’t take your word for it on either point, Vin.

• Vinraith says:

This is what people usually post, a response from a forum mod or a support tech. No significant figure at Valve has ever made a promise of this sort and no official Valve statement has ever made a promise of this sort. Valve’s only official position on this topic is in the terms of service, and even the article you’re quoting agrees that the terms of service dictate that they owe you nothing.

Even if they had made an official promise, you still couldn’t take it seriously. Circumstances would strongly dictate any behavior at Steam’s end of life, and they’re incredibly unlikely to be favorable to some pie-in-the-sky “set the games free” scenario.

RobF says:

Where did this thing actually come from? It seems to crop up repeatedly but I’ve never read a single thing from Valve clarifying it. Not even in passing or alluded to.

Is there something out there on the net that I’ve missed?

Should Valve close, the logistics of “setting the games free” seems… difficult? Thousands of games to have their DRM removed at a flick of a switch (or nulled?), all the content hosted on Valve’s servers to somehow still be usable or distributed somewhere else and games still somehow accessible to download (given most people won’t keep local copies of everything in their library)… I’m not sure how that’s supposed to work out.

As far as I’m aware, your failsafe with Steam is that it’s been cracked so if Valve go under, providing we still have an operating system that can run the cracked version, that’s how we get to keep our games.

• Panda Powered says:

Removing the DRM-cages and releasing their entire software farm into the wilderness is just a myth.

Layman analyst power ring activate!
        It’s unlikely that Steam would just flop over and die any time soon though. The user base is way to big and healthy for that in the current state.

But if Steam do get into financial trouble in the future we can count on the service and the customer base being sold on to some other company with our game libraries at least somewhat safe.
        The danger for the user then lies in that it may be a company with other intents for the service and turning it into a pile of rubbish.

RobF says:

Yup and somewhat being the key word there as the transfer from Direct2Drive to Gamefly shown. Whatever contracts Valve had would have to be renegotiated with the new owners in the case of a sale. There’s no guarantees that what Valve keep accessible would have to remain so (I’m thinking stuff like Outrun2 which is no longer for sale but if you’ve purchased, you can still download).

It’s fairly likely that chunks will disappear overnight in the case of a transfer and the whole thing just go under if there’s a shutdown.

They definitely, definitely, definitely can’t punt down replacement .exe files as they can’t magically remove Steamworks integration from games and they don’t keep stashes of files “in case of emergency”.

Internet myths are weird!

• LionsPhil says:

They could probably release a final Steam/Steamworks library update which always answers “am I logged in and licensed to play this?” with “yes”. It’s not quite the same as removing the DRM, but it is letting you play Half-Life 2 as long as it runs, providing you remember to download and archive it somewhere safe.

But enabling that for anything outside of their own games would probably not be a great idea from a licensing and legal standpoint, to put it lightly.

And, y’know. “Could”. Nobody can ever dig up a reliable citation for this, just “oh, Gabe said it this one time, that somehow never got recorded on the Internet despite it remembering everything forever”.

• Deano2099 says:

Is it that difficult? Steam has an offline mode, as long as that is still working if/when they go under, there doesn’t need to be an issue. Punt the whole client to a permanently offline mode with a final update.

Yes, multiplayer dies (just like when any company shuts down their MP servers) and your permanent virtual storage on Steam’s servers goes away (just like if the DRM-free GOG or Humble Store shut down) – it’s not a perfect magic bullet for sure. But disabling the DRM is easy enough. Every other problem is one held equally by any and every digital download service.

• LionsPhil says:

For the other half of this: probably, yes, I would assume GFWL titles which do not have it removed will be rendered unplayable.

Rationale for this assumption: Microsoft has said “fuck you” to its DRM victims before, five years ago.

• Stardreamer says:

What a fascinating bunch of responses to my question, which was really one question in two parts and was about GFWL.

Seems to be some kind of knee-jerk thing happens wherever Steam is mentioned, oddly mirroring what happens on the Steam forums. I’ve been checking for anything to back up my original statement; this question seems to one that appears very regularly on the forums and is usually met with a kind of rampant boredom and several stock responses:

• Sharlie Shaplin says:

Microsoft have done this several times now. They really don’t care about how it affects their customers in any way.

16. captain nemo says:

“Warner Bros. will be following suit with the pair of Arkham games on Steam having GFWL sucked out of the open wound” -> Excellent. I’ll buy both as soon as they’ve done this

Serrit says:

Ah that’ll be why Steam re-downloaded 3.3 GB of Bioshock 2 again yesterday. I’d just chalked that up to Steam getting its knickers in a twist, but now it actually makes sense!

18. Chizu says:

This is great, I was worried I’d never get to play Minerva’s Den, now I have it for free :v
    Nice to see them switch over properly, achievements and all.

19. The Random One says:

Hmm, I had bought Bio2 before, never bothered to activate the key, and now just tried to activate it on Steam: it worked, but I don’t seem to have the Minerva’s Den DLC. So maybe if you didn’t buy the main game on GfWL you won’t get it. A shame, but no big deal as far as I concerned.

drewski says:

I think you need to have one of the retail or non-Steam DL versions.

• Baines says:

I bought Bioshock 2 in an Amazon pack some time ago, getting a Steam key for the game. I now have Minerva’s Den listed as owned.

20. PopeRatzo says:

Will I have to pay more to have the GFWL taken out of my Batman games or Bioshock 2? I already have those games in Steam, but I’ve uninstalled them to get GFWL off of my machine.

21. Lemming says:

I’ve no idea who even owns the IP any more, but someone do this with Dawn of War 2 vanilla and Reign of Chaos? Please?

• airmikee99 says:

THIS! THIS! A million times THIS!

• Lemming says:

Well I emailed Relic, who apparently still run the Dawn of War outfit with this:

Hi,

I was wondering if Dawn of War II and Reign of Chaos will be implemented fully into Steam like Retribution, as GFWL is shutting down. Some clarification would be appreciated, as at the moment it would seem the multiplayer will be lost when GFWL goes

and got this reply back:

We’re aware if the GFWL situation but don’t have anything to announce at this time.

We are looking at solutions to the issue.

22. one2fwee says:

So what about the Ultimate Rapture Edition then 2K? Considering that both consoles got this release with the challenge rooms and museum dlc it’s kind of sad (yet unsurprising) that pc has been left out.

I would have thought with the removal of GFWL, it would be the perfect time to release an “ultimate rapture edition” on pc, but nooooo.

23. RProxyOnly says:

Are WB going to patch GFWL out of the retail disc versions of both Arkhams too, or will I have to download cracked versions of them? I’ll be fucked if I’m paying for them again when it’s MS fault I won’t be able to play them soon… and how would I be able to keep my save progress if they did?

phuzz says:

Maybe they’ll go the same way as 2K, so all you have to do is put your CD key into Steam to download them. that would probably eat your save games though.
      Not to worry, every time I go back to one of the Arkham games GFWL has destroyed all my old saves anyway, thanks for being evil GFWL!

24. m_a_t says:

I just registered my copy that I bought on a sale on gamefly some time ago and I was instantly rewarded with MINERVA’S DEN. Very cool!

25. frightlever says:

Anyone else furiously playing through Dawn of War 2 again or for the first time in case it goes dark?

Edit: I should really have checked the comments, but I am massively hung-over. Gonna just hang my head in shame. And pop out for a bacon and cheese slice. Then more shame. Maybe some coffee.

26. yourmotherspeaking says:

I wonder whether they’ll do something similar for the first Bioshock. Hope so.

27. clorex says:

I got bought Minerva’s Den standalone on GFWL and I want the key for Steam. But the GFWL Marketplace client says that I have ‘no key assigned’. Is there a way to find out the activation key for your Minerva’s Den DLC?

28. MurrayL says:

But have they fixed the awful FOV yet?

The only fix available the last time I tried to play was to bind a key to a set FOV command, but it was reset during (and after) cutscenes. It was so nausea-inducing I just gave up on the game entirely and I’d like to give it a fair chance.

29. Eight Rooks says:

Nice gesture, but it still constantly crashes for me. :( Indeed, to be honest it was actually working better before they removed G4WL, when I was running the fan-cracked Xbox Live .dll (this disabled multiplayer, but I never touched that anyway). Hopefully when I’ve upgraded my PC this will finally work – I bought Minerva’s Den almost the day it came out on PC and I’ve still not been able to play it all the way through.

30. HattieTWilliams says:

Since I started fre+lancing I’ve been bringing in $90 bucks/h… I sit at home and i am doing my work from my laptop. The best thing is that i get more time to spent with my family and with my kids and in the same time i can earn enough to support them… You can do it too. Start here—-

31. Zorn says:

I’m still hoping to see Iron Brigade freed from gfwl, but as the publisher is microsoft, I’m not sure much I hope I should have for that. :/

32. MoizMV says:

It’s official for the Batman games; GFWL keys can now be activated on Steam. And I believe you get an upgrade to the GoTY edition for free if you only own the base game (confirmed for Batman: AC by me; not sure about Arkham Asylum)