Rapture Captured: Bioshock Infinite – Burial At Sea

By Adam Smith on October 5th, 2013 at 9:00 am.

The Modern Day Icarus videos that heralded the arrival of Bioshock Infinite were thoroughly enjoyable as far as marketing nonsense goes. Faux documentaries that showed glimpses of the city in the sky, its populace and artefacts, they were entertainingly odd and managed to win my approval despite showing nary a glimpse of the game itself. As the Burial At Sea DLC approaches – and with it a return to Rapture – 2K have released a new video, in the same style, examining the Modern Day Atlantis. It’s not quite as effective, mainly because I expected more than the sort of annoyance I greet Jehova’s Witnesses with when the narrator gravely intoned, “That’s when this happened”.

Burial At Sea should be out ‘by the holiday’. I’m taking a small break in Wales this weekend so perhaps it’ll be out tonight?

, , , .

1. Agnol117 says:

So one the one hand, yay more Bioshock. On the other hand, I beat this game months ago. I’m thrilled to be going back to Rapture, but it’s been six months, and there still isn’t a firm release date. This will have to be damned impressive to buy without a sale.

2. phuzz says:

I note the last bit of the video says “Bioshock Infinite: Burial At Sea Episode 1“.
    Is there going to be several episodes of DLC set in Rapture? Or is it just referring to the trailers?

• Agnol117 says:

The season pass lists two episodes to Burial at Sea, one where you play as Booker, and one where you play as Elizabeth.

• lowprices says:

I hope the Elizabeth episode consists of the player picking bullets and mouldy food out of bins and then chucking them at the head of a man who keeps getting into fights and then running out of ammo.

• GameCat says:

Hahahaha, nice one.

I think it be more exploration/stealth based which makes my body ready. I recall reading about it few months ago.

• honuk says:

hopefully there’s a third episode where you play as yourself deleting the game from your system and then shooting yourself in the head

3. Bull0 says:

You’re right, that trailer really wasn’t a patch on the equivalent ones they did for BioInf.

4. Kollega says:

The narrator’s voice reminded me of Frank Drebin for some reason. And that made me think of the potential. Bioshock with Frank Drebin as the main character… just imagine it.

“I was trying my best to find out where the smugglers hid their stash, but all the leads have dried up. Metaphorically, of course – because after searching the submarine docks, the only thing of mine that wasn’t soaking wet was the gunpowder in my ammunition… actually, no, that was wet too.”

5. AlienMind says:

Ken Levine loves little sisters with strong makeup! *nananana nah*

6. Leb says:

Recently got the bioshock trilogy on that amazon sale… been playing 1 on hard mode and it’s taking me forever to beat.

My friend is going through it as well so toning it down to normal would be sacrificing my manhood.. but holy I can not play it in long bursts without wanting to cry myself to sleep. It is immensely difficult to stay alive. Thankfully dying doesn’t have much penalty other than being sent back to a vita-chamber.. BUT IT HAPPENS SO OFTEN TO ME

• tobecooper says:

I played on Normal but disabled Vita Chambers in the options.

That why you can both keep your manhood and not have to cry yourself to sleep.

• Ringwraith says:

The problem with disabling Vita-Chambers is that you get booted to the main menu, so you have to load it all up again. Which is annoying provided you can stick to a ‘reload on death’ rule.

7. HattieTWilliams says:

Since I started fre+lancing I’ve been bringing in $90 bucks/h… I sit at home and i am doing my work from my laptop. The best thing is that i get more time to spent with my family and with my kids and in the same time i can earn enough to support them… You can do it too. Start here—-