Saints Row IV: Enter The Dominatrix Dropping This Month

By Nathan Grayson on October 11th, 2013 at 8:00 pm.

Down the hatch. Er, a hatch. I don't want to talk about this anymore.

Once upon a time, Saints Row IV didn’t even have its own number – let alone a snazzy, posh purple Roman numeral. It was nascent, in a pre-life phase that many organisms have known at some point or another. That is to say, an expansion to Saints Row: The Third. Back then, it was known as Enter The Dominatrix – at least, until THQ (may it sue still-existent companies from beyond the grave in peace) set it on its course to sequeldom. But now Saints Row IV is getting a DLC expansion titled “Enter The Dominatrix,” and it’s, er, a different sort of thing. More literal, I would say. There is an actual dominatrix. From the looks of things, you will be, um, entering someone in a fashion. Yeah.

Deep Silver’s been tight-lipped about what exactly the new, confusingly titled episode brings, but Enter The Dominatrix is only a couple short weeks away from entering our collective matrix:

“Fans of Saints Row IV can soon indulge themselves in some appropriately freaky stuff as the long awaited Enter the Dominatrix DLC will be available this month on October 23. Favored pets- er- fans who have purchased the Saints Row IV Season Pass will automatically receive Enter the Dominatrix. For players wishing to purchase the DLC standalone, they are able to do so for GBP 5.99.”

Word around them thar Internets is that this one will unfold as a mockumentary about – what else – the making of Saints Row IV and will include elements like a Bollywood dance number. The first screenshots only show superpowered dominatrixes and the scandalously exposed flesh of someone’s uvula, but I’m willing to believe it. Saints Row IV is kind of like an overenthusiastic, ultraviolence-prone little kid: it has a lot of trouble standing still.

So then, October 23rd. Who’s ready for more wonderful (and occasionally nauseating) lunacy? Or, if that doesn’t tickle/dildo bat your fancy into submission, perhaps you’ll find the next and final episode, How The Saints Saved Christmas, to be more up your alley. I’m not joking, either. That’s actually what they’re calling it. And now, I’m off to joyously ponder the possibilities.

__________________

« | »

, , , , .

1. Big Murray says:

Wondered what that was until I saw the uvula.

2. jadejada816 says:

you make $27 per hour…good for you! I make up to $85 per hour working from home. My story is that I quit working at shoprite to work online and with a little effort I easily bring in around $45 per hour to $85 per hour…heres a good example of what I’m doing,… http://www.max68.com

3. Chaz says:

Will there be a Fantastic Voyage style bit in it then? Some one needs to make a really good Fantastic Voyage game. You know, something a lot better than Microcosm. Can’t believe I actually bought that for my CD32. Can’t believe I actually bought a CD32.

• lordcooper says:

fukin stoopid cd32 noob fanboy amstrad464 is way better

• Zorn says:

I have completely suppressed the existence of the cd32 until now. Wow, I mean, it was, an, a, hum… Yeah.

• LionsPhil says:

From that image, I’m thinking Inner Space.

I am all in favour of Saints Row taking ideas from Inner Space. MALFUNCTION. EJECT.

• Koshinator says:

Ahh.. the CD32 – actually had one of those, but also hacked it to include a hard drive and keyboard support.. basically turning it into a cd capable A1200….

4. Faxmachinen says:

[...] the scandalously exposed flesh of someone’s uvula,
    I read “uvula” as a completely different body part.

5. DapperDirewolf says:

I really wanted SR4, until it turned out it’s set in the exact same city as last time, with practically no changes, and heard that you unlock near-invulnerability from the very start. Sounds pretty boring!

• welverin says:

It’s nothing of the sort, and I don’t recall being nearly invulnerable from the start.

• thedosbox says:

Was it really that difficult to read the review on this very same site?

• Damien Stark says:

I was going to read that review, but it’s presented on the exact same website as this one, and it presents a good summary from the very start! That makes it pretty boring…

• thedosbox says:

Yes, words are boring. Too many words? Snoring!

• Big Murray says:

Snoring is basically the same exact word as boring, with a couple of letters changed from the very start. That’s boring.

• povu says:

It’s the same city with some alterations (alien stuff), but the way you travel around the city is so different that it didn’t bother me at all. You’ll recognize locations here and there but it doesn’t feel the same. Because you’re hopping across rooftops and running up skyscrapers instead of driving around cars slowly.

• Sivart13 says:

Oppositically, I didn’t want Saints Row 4 until I read the gushing review on this website. Then I played it, and loved it. Hooray!

• Nick says:

Its one of the best superhero games ever made and is also extremely funny.

6. ZappaBappa says:

I’m a bit confused here…. I remember them saying Enter the dominatrix was going to be a Saints row 3 DLC, then they cancelled the DLC, and said Enter the Dominatrix was going to become a full game.
    http://www.gamesradar.com/saints-row-3-enter-dominatrix-cancelled-content-folded-next-game/ And now they’re planning on bringing out what they told us was going to be Saints Row 4, as a DLC for Saints Row 4?

I swear, ever since Deep Silver got a hold of Volition, they’ve been trying to milk out as much of it as they can…

My head hurts…

• welverin says:

One of the Developers said SR4 was already in development and the SR3 DLC Enter the Dominatrix was cancelled and aspects were worked into SR4 giving us the game that we got, and I’ve seen this DLC referred to as the Enter the Dominatrix Director’s Cut.

Of course this could be something entirely new that’s just using the name because they liked it.

• The Random One says:

That’s a lot of milking indeed (SEMEN JOKE LOL) but THQ was just as bad.

• RedViv says:

It just has the same name because they thought of a way to make the title relevant again now that the titular entity can’t really refer to the domination matrix of the Zin Empire any longer.

7. blackmyron says:

October is shaping up to be a good month for PC games…

8. Kubrick Stare Nun says: