Shadow Warrior + Viscera Cleanup Detail = All The Sense

By Nathan Grayson on October 12th, 2013 at 3:00 pm.

Here's one way to get ahead in life. And also, er, death. Everybody wins!

When I first saw the news that there’s now a Shadow-Warrior-themed level for Viscera Cleanup Detail, I was surprised for all of 0.2 seconds. Then, with the speed of a magical sword severing an already spurting limb, the universe made perfect sense again. It’s a match made in heaven, and I don’t know why I didn’t realize it milliseconds sooner. Shadow Warrior leaves piping hot piles of plasma in every conceivable corner, and Viscera Cleanup Detail features the universe’s most formidable mop. And now they’re married! N’aaaaaaaw. See for yourself below.

If your objective in this clash of Super Serious Ultra-Grit Universes isn’t already obvious, perhaps this Hyper Blurb will help:

“After the battle is over, someone has to cleanup the mess! Introducing Viscera Cleanup Detail: Shadow Warrior from RuneStorm, a unique crossover mini-game that combines the worlds of Viscera Cleanup Detail and Shadow Warrior. Step into the rubber soled shoes of the hapless janitor tasked with cleaning up Lo Wang’s mess after a devastating katana battle in the collector’s temple from Shadow Warrior. Mop up pools of blood, dispose of body parts, and get the collector’s gallery of antiques in tip top shape as quick as possible! Successfully clean the entire temple and collect all the scattered cash to unlock two Steam achievements.”

If you purchase or already own Shadow Warrior, it’s immediately yours for free. I can’t find any real reason to object to that, especially since Shadow Warrior is – somewhat shockingly – actually really, really good.

So then, water you waiting for? Get it? That’s a little virtual janitorial humor, because you know, spray and buckets and stuff. Actually, that’s the only virtual janitorial humor. If you haven’t noticed, virtual janitors don’t have a lot to laugh about.

, , , .

Sponsored links by Taboola
  1. Ross Angus says:

If Wang used a sword to create all that mess, then at least there’s not all those tiny cartridges to pick up. Did anyone ever reach the end of Viscera Cleanup Detail?

Snidesworth says:

Was there an end? I cleaned up everything but if there was any coded win condition I didn’t trigger it.

• Ross Angus says:

Just as I always suspected: cleaning is a thankless task.

• hamburger_cheesedoodle says:

Later patches would at least give you a button on the wall to let you clock out.

• okhfrank says:

yeah..It is a good games.www.oldflashgames.com

2. staberas says:

i want Viscera Platinum Edition, where you in continuous mode clean levels from many different videogames(from hl2 & tf2 levels to Skyrim and CoD levels)…

• Turkey says:

I wouldn’t be surprised if the Valve ones actually happened.

• povu says:

Clean up the gels that Chell sprayed all over the place. May require a portal gun to reach the high walls and ceilings.

• Kitsunin says:

Woah dude, slow down, that actually sounds like a game.

• Svardskampe says:

That seems like the first DLC I would ever buy in my life for a game. (I never buy DLC separately. Only full bundles)

3. Gamera says:

It would be cool if you could replay levels you’ve just completed as the janitor, with all the gibs where you left them.

4. garisson says:

A funny gag, but pointless to actually play.

• Ergates_Antius says:

Is it really any more or less pointless than any other game? We’re having fun here, not solving bringing about peace.

5. rubywright says:

My mothers neighbour is working part time and averaging $9000 a month. I’m a single mum and just got my first paycheck for $6546! I still can’t believe it. I tried it out cause I got really desperate and now I couldn’t be happier. Heres what I do, http://www.Pro67.com

DrScuttles says:

The jigglyboney bits in that mop always pique my interest. Or possibly arouse my interest. Some uncomfortable, overly familiar verb anyway.

7. sierra753 says:

My last pay check was $11500
    working 10 hours a week online. My brothers friend has been averaging 19k for
    months now and He works about 17 hours a week. I can’t believe how easy it was once I tried it out.
    >www.blue48.com

8. sierra753 says:

M­­­­­­y l­­­­­­ast pay ch­­­­­­e­­­­­­c­­­­­­k was $­­­­­­1­­­­­­1­­­­­­5­­­­­­0­­­­­­0 w­­­­­­o­­­­­­r­­­­­­king 10 ho­­­­­­u­­­­­­r­­­­­­s a week o­­­­­­n­­­­­­l­­­­­­i­­­­­­ne. My brothers friend has been ave­­­­­­r­­­­­­a­­­­­­ging 1­­­­­­9­­­­­­k for m­­­­­­o­­­­­­­­­­­­nth­­­­­­s now and He wo­­­­­­r­­­­­­k­­­­­­s about 17 ho­­­­­­u­­­­­­rs a week. I can’t believe how easy it was once I t­­­­­­r­­­­­­i­­­­­­e­­­­­­d it out.
    ——>W­­­­­­­­­­­­­W­­­­­­­­­­­­­­W.B­­­­­­­­­­­­­­ℒ­­­­­­­U­­­­­­­­­­­­­E­­­­­­­­­­­­­4­­­­­­­­­­­­­8­­­­­­.­­­­­­ℭ­­­­­­­­­­­­­O­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­M

9. sierra753 says:

my bf’s uncle just got a stunning silver Fiat by working part time off of a macbook… page
    ℬℓU℮48.ℭOℳ

differenceengine says:

Judging by the other comments, I must be the strange one. This actually tipped the scales for me to buy Shadow Warrior, rather than playing the 90s version.
    Although it would have been very cool, I’m quite glad I didn’t have to clean up after one of my own saves because of the glorious mess I made on that level (and every level hence).

11. mouton says:

Jesus Christ, the spam bots sure got out of control all of sudden.

12. Shooop says:

And like that, Shadow Warrior is at the top of my games wish list. This is beautiful.