Cornerstone’s Kickstarter Has A Demo And A Few Days

By Jim Rossignol on October 22nd, 2013 at 5:00 pm.

Cornerstone: The Song Of Tyrim, which is being pitched by its devs as looking like Zelda but playing more like Dark Souls, has a demo out, so you can judge that particular blend of look and genre for yourself. Unfortunately, the demo crashed out for those of us from RPS who tried it, which seemed like a shame, because the game is filled the very brim with hot promise, as you can see in gameplay videos below.

Also, take a look at their pitch video, because it seems like it would be a shame if it didn’t hit its relatively low target.

Sponsored links by Taboola
  1. Sp4rkR4t says:

Tried the demo which runs far better than the video suggested and was very impressed indeed. Always a bit worried about physics based games that are built on the Unity engine though after Kerbal Space Program exposed that engines rather glaring PhysX shaped flaw though.

• billychester says:

I understand your concern Sp4rkR4t, but we have a lot of “safety nets” in place . And using a “common” engine means a lot of the obscure bugs are found and fixed / sidetracked. But then again some systems just shouldn’t rely on physics…
      thanks for your support spread the word!

• brittanysarah84 says:

my best friend’s step-mother makes $88/hour on the laptop. She has been without work for 10 months but last month her pay was $14500 just working on the laptop for a few hours. this article ……

2. billychester says:

Thanks for the post guys! and apologize for the crash! thats just the life of an indie :p.

• Sp4rkR4t says:

I was very impressed with my non-crashing demo, it came across much better than the video which seemed to have terrible performance problems and really put me off. But after a brief play I threw some money and hope it reaches it’s goal.

• Sheng-ji says:

Forgive the brevity of my post – broken hands and a rampaging toddler! – But I was also super impressed and a pledge will be incoming in a couple of days from me too!

3. Hypnotron says:

PLEASE STOP WITH ALL OF THIS PROPAGANDA!

INTERVIEW US REAL HYRULE CITIZENS AND YOU WILL LEARN THE TRUTH!

LINK IS A CONQUEROR, A MONSTER, A LIAR, AN INSANE POWER HUNGRY DEVIL!

HELP US!

• belgand says:

I forget who precisely, but someone once stated that their view was that when Link goes into someone’s house it was somewhat realistic. Here’s some strange person with a sword who just barges into your home, rifles through your possessions taking whatever he wants, smashing your stuff up to look for hidden money, and breaking down your walls. Everyone in Hyrule is just too terrified to say or do anything about it.

• Kitsunin says:

Perhaps they just cut out the scene where Link politely explains he is a hero and really has need of their money, to which they tell him he can have whatever they’ve stored in their pots: no worries about breaking them, they have limitless supply of new ones, and not much else to do but replace them.

• The Random One says:

“Halt, brigand! Who are you?”
          “…”
          “Oh… I guess that makes it okay, then. Help yourself to the rupees I hide in my pots. Just don’t tell anyone else I hide rupees in my pots, I’m very proud of having thought of it.”

• Moraven says:

It is in most JRPG… you barge into someone’s home and they are usually friendly as ever.

• bill says:

This is why Chrono Trigger is the only JRPG worth playing. That and no random battles.

4. belgand says:

Eh… too much Wind Waker for my tastes. I’m really not feeling it.

• bill says:

Is there such a thing as too much Wind Waker?

• Philotic Symmetrist says:

Wind Waker had too much Wind Waker, this however looks to have just the right amount of Wind Waker.

5. ZIGS says:

Ok, I know this is probably based on a very early build of the game but there’s 2 serious issues with it:

1. Terrible performance. I was struggling to get over 35FPS (I have a GTX 670)

2. The mouse sensitivity is very low and you can’t change it (nor any other controls) and the Y-axis not only is slower than the X-axis, it also has some really nasty acceleration going on