Rise & Shine: Games Drawn As Children’s Book Covers

By Graham Smith on October 23rd, 2013 at 8:00 am.

I don't have kids, but I do have a house full of kid's books.

Consider this your daily dose of nice. Artist Joey Spiotto, aka Joebot, draws films and videogames as the covers of children’s books. His game work includes imagined covers for Half-Life 2 (above, in part), Skyrim, BioShock, Portal, Mass Effect and more.

As reported by The Vine, the gallery at his site has more, and they’re each available as physical prints from his his Etsy store. If Valve want to make some of these books a real thing, and then I will happily start having kids so I have someone to read them to before bedtime.

, , , , , , .

Sponsored links by Taboola
  1. GameCat says:

I would rather play that Psycho and Birds fake NES games.

Also:
    1. Google up pictures from a children book called “scary stories to tell in dark”.
    2. Have problems with sleep tonight.

Jackablade says:

Yikes. And I thought giving kids Edward Gorey books was asking for trouble.

• gi_ty says:

That is awesome thanks for reminding me off this. I had the whole series as a kid with the books on tape as well and I loved them.

2. FurryLippedSquid says:

Love the Wyld Stallyns one, but I don’t think I’d buy it. I’d rather have a framed reproduction film poster. Hmmm.

*Heads to eBay*

DrScuttles says:

Gordon, Gordon,
    The little man with the rusty red crowbar,
    Gordon, Gordon,
    His HEV suit means he’s the happiest little fellow in City 17,
    There’s Alyx and Eli and Doc Kleiner and all his special friends,
    He sets out on adventures then he’ll take you home again,
    Gordon, Gordon
    Gordon, Gordon

4. Lukasz says:

Bought Mass Effect one. Just so darn cute…

5. BarneyL says:

Now I’m hoping I can get my daughter a copy of “That’s not my Headcrab”.

• Bull0 says:

That’s not my headcrab, his beak is too shiny!

That’s not my headcrab, his legs are too scaly!

That’s not my headcrab, his claws are too pointy!

That’s my headcrab! His skin is so bumpy!

…I can heartily recommend “That’s not my Robot”, by the way

6. SomeDuder says:

The prices of the prints are a bit on the steep side, but some are quite great indeed. Love the Portal and Bioshock ones.

7. CookPassBabtridge says:

THIS VULNERABILITY AND INNOCENCE DISGUSTS ME. I AM AWAY TO DO MAN THINGS *Grunts*

*small tear forms as I punch a kitten*

8. Capt. Eduardo del Mango says:

Isn’t Freeman famously bearded?

9. UmmonTL says:

While I admit the artwork is nice, for children’s books some of them have the guns featuring quite prominently. And his older stuff is just lame, draw all characters together with demented happy smiles.

• Stardreamer says:

Oh come on. Who can fail to be moved by what is clearly the last time the Starks were all alive, together and happy???

Sniff. :*(

10. Stardreamer says:

Ok, just totally weirded myself out by failing to recognise anyone from ‘The Internets’ album cover other than Pedobear.

• LionsPhil says:

What, not even Tron Guy?

How the mighty have fallen.

• Stardreamer says:

So that’s who that is! So obvious now you’ve said it. And AHA there’s Nyan Cat as well.

I feel better now. Thanks.

• Ergates_Antius says:

In the background you have Nyan cat and Ceiling cat.
      In the back row there is Techno Viking and Tron Guy, don’t know the other 2.
      In the front row is the aforementioned Paedobear and Star Wars Kid, don’t know the middle one.
      In the foreground there appears to be a cup with a picture of 2 girls on it, and some lemons having a party. Not sure what those are about….*cough*

• Grygus says:

Behind the viking is “chocolate rain.” I think that’s the dramatic chipmunk in the front. On the right front, a dancing banana, and perhaps the cheezburger of hazing fame. The viking has taken an arrow in the knee. I don’t know the pale kid in the middle, but behind him/her is Miss Teen USA South Carolina.

Also, don’t miss the record label in the upper right. And pedobear is holding a cowbell. YTMND and 1337 references below the label. Okay I need to find something else to do.

• top8cat says:

The cup is a reference to two girls one cup, the black guy is the bedroom intruder guy, the five guys burger, and racist Erny is in the back.

11. ZackRoyer says:

Why is Scorpion and Raidens in the one labeled “Mortals”? They are immortals, the title should be “Kombatants”.

12. Somerled says:

Ohmygodthey’repaintedlikegoldenbooks
    ireadthoseallthetimeasakidilovethesewanttobuyallofthem
    iwishthesewererealiwouldreadthemeverydaytomykids
    breathe breathe breathe

13. Sgt.GunnyHighway says:

Well what do ya know? :D