The Repopulation Still Not Quite Ready For Populating

By Jim Rossignol on October 31st, 2013 at 11:00 am.

No, sci-fi sandbox MMO The Repopulation is not out yet, it’s still in its alpha stage of development – which you can apply for here – but it has released a video with a bunch more game footage, which you can see below. We’ve been keeping an eye on this game for a while now, not least because it promises some freeform MMORPGing. The tri-faction PvP structure allows players to join a third faction which they can use to form “rogue nations”, complete with player built structures, and even player-owned cities. I will be fascinated to see how (and if) this works out.

Anyway, take a look at the trailer because the game is starting to look pretty handsome.

__________________

« | »

, .

1. Caenorhabditis says:

Hah, the guy was wearing assault pants.

• Lord Custard Smingleigh says:

I’m not allowed to wear assault pants any more.

• dober46 says:

my neighbor’s sister-in-law makes $65 every hour on the internet. She has been out of a job for six months but last month her payment was $12175 just working on the internet for a few hours. important link
        -=-=-=-=-=-=-= http://goo.gl/G40gh3

• Arglebargle says:

However, his neighbor’s sister in law can wear assault pants, and look where that got her!

2. AdamDenton says:

This is looking very ambitious, my naively misguided hopes for “Avatar: The MMO” inch ever closer.

3. MegaAndy says:

With that name, I am imagining a very different genre of game

4. Foosnark says:

Made with HeroEngine! (A much more up to date version than the one SWTOR licensed before it was ready, bolted a bunch of other stuff onto, half-rewrote the client and 3/4-rewrote the server, then complained to my former employer that it was wonky.)

With that name, I am imagining a very different genre of game

There was a HeroEngine licensee making a game about Roman orgies. I wish I was kidding. I wish even more that I never had to go into their world to debug something.

• Lateris says:

I messed around with Hero Cloud 2.0. so there is a ton of improvements since the earlier version of HE. This studio is a really nice bunch of developers. Some of my guild mates are backers for this game. But ya I would hate to debug that as well!!!! LOL ;)

5. SillyWizard says:

In the future, you will mine with laser-picks!

6. Reefpirate says:

This looks disturbingly similar to that other sci-fi sandbox MMO that crashed and burned immediately after launch whose name escapes me and I’d probably not name anyway… I hope this one fares better!

• Arglebargle says:

Neither Richard Garriot nor NCSoft is involved, so there is hope…..

7. bettieghornung says:

my friend makes $83/hour on the laptop. She has been fired for nine months but last month her income was $21331 just working on the laptop for a few hours check it quickly>>>>>> http://goo.gl/XjXcH1

8. Lateris says:

I really want to give this game a try when it is released. I really like the crafting aspect from the videos that go into detail on crafting. I can also see the graphics for clothing have really improved- ya I was a SWG nutter.