At Least Some Of These 65 Witcher 3 Screens Are New

By Alec Meer on October 31st, 2013 at 12:00 pm.

We’ve no new Witcher 3 videos of late, but if you scroll through these really, really quickly, it’ll be just like watching a low frame rate, abysmally edited video. Make some sword-swooshing noises as you do it, for added effect. The genesis and/or novelty of these 65 1080p screenshots of CDP’s next massive roleplaying game is somewhat indeterminate at present, but I’m sure a good number of them will be fresh to your eyes. PCs with low memory should perhaps be wary of this doubtless RAM-hungry post.

Click on any screen to get a biggun. Unfortunately our image gallery navigation icons are borked at present, but if you either click on the left/right of an embiggened image or use cursor keys, you can browse through the full-size gallery at your leisure. Image quality varies somewhat, but you get the picture – this does appear to be a rather splendid-looking videogame.

And, since you ask, no we do not have an automated image gallery system, so yes, I entered 130 URLs by hand and yes, it was astonishingly tedious. But results are what matter, right?

Thanks to Kadayi, who spotted all of these here.

__________________

« | »

, , , .

1. BobbyDylan says:

I think I broke my mouse wheel.

2. Fomorian1988 says:

I feel so bad for Alec, having to put every url manually.

In other news – woo, Witcher!

3. FurryLippedSquid says:

The ones of the tavern look super, I hope they’re as lively as they look.

Skyrim’s were so bad.

• Spakkenkhrist says:

I imagine Skyrim’s were hamstrung by the limitations of the current console generation.

• DickSocrates says:

Some of it was current gen tech, but Witcher 2′s taverns had more life on 360. Bethesda’s ancient and always terrible engine should take the majority of the blame. They couldn’t animate one person properly or dynamically, never mind a room of them.

4. orient says:

Learn yourself some regex!

The Witcher 3 is the only game I’ll upgrade my rig for, but my i3 / HD6700 combo is trembling with every screenshot.

• Toadsmash says:

Purportedly, it’s not actually that much of a ginormous step up from Witcher 2 on max video settings, which isn’t too surprising given that Witcher 2 is a ridiculously pretty game. Funny how game reviews on most sites very rarely talk about game visuals anymore, even when they’re an obvious stand out.

• Megakoresh says:

To be honest I just see better lighting and more details: an indicative of them implementing DX11, which is to be expected. There is very little one can do do look better than Witcher 2. It’s still the best looking game of all time and that’s including DX11 games like Crysis 3. Star Citizen looks like it aims to raise the plank a little bit by introducing high-poly models into real time rendering, which sounds interesting, but being a rich and lush Open World game, I doubt Witcher 3 can afford to dramatically increase polycounts.

• FurryLippedSquid says:

Good God man.

How do you think my Core 2 Quad and GTX 260 feel? By the time this is released 670s should be cheap as chips though, huzzah.

5. Mr. International says:

wtb new pants

6. Drake Sigar says:

Cheers Alec, you’re a star.

7. Low Life says:

I would’ve probably written a script to do all that and then just copy-pasted the output.

8. Kleppy says:

God, this game… I’m looking forward to nothing else in 2014. I will be seriously disappointed if it isn’t the best RPG ever made.

9. Skyhigh says:

For some reason the second pic with Geralt in a boat makes me chuckle.
    I imagine him thinking: “Don’t mind me guys, I’m just passing through.”

10. Scumbag says:

There are almost as many pics there as Assassin’s Creed trailers!

11. GamesInquirer says:

Please be better than the unfinished mess The Witcher 2 was… At least let the core gameplay be good this time and the dialogues less obnoxious and badly acted and the first half of the game being more than an extended tutorial and, basically please let it be something more than a hyped disappointment…

What’s up with Geralt’s armor? He looks out of place like a cartoon super hero brought to real life in medieval spandex. I prefer the clothing of the NPCs in the screenshots, hopefully the rest differ.

12. Dreamstorm says:

What’s with the lens flare in the tavern shots? Are my eyes in the Witcher 3 made of glass?

13. Metalhead9806 says:

*PC looks over at Metalhead9806*

“Bro are you serious!??! You better upgrade me Bro if you plan on buying that sh*t!!!”

*Types in NewEgg url*

14. BlacKHeaDSg1 says:

It looks very nice. Now i can only hope that Witcher 3 won’t be such a disappointment as Witcher 2.

15. cpt_freakout says:

My computer is already suffering.

16. Penguin_Factory says:

Goats confirmed #GOTY

17. K33L3R says:

Hopefully a GTX 670 OC can run TW3 at decent FPS. was thinking of getting a second graphics card so this might be a good excuse to fork out the money and switch to an SLI setup

18. Keyrock says:

Someone needs to back off on the sharpen filter, otherwise they look spectacular. I’m going to need 2, maybe 3 GTX880s to run at this level of eye candy, aren’t I?

19. The Random One says:

Thou hast slain my mobile data limit.

20. Sire says:

Alec, just download the NextGen Gallery plugin for WordPress, you could just drag and drop the files and a snazzy gallery just like this one will appear as if by magic!

Trust me, I’ve tried all the gallery plugins and it’s the best.

21. DickSocrates says:

Super serious-ass question: Should I play Witcher 1 before trying Witcher 2?

• Caenorhabditis says:

• SMGreer says:

Not essential maybe but definitely worth your time if you like a good yarn of an RPG. Though it’s worth mentioning how rough and slightly dated it is compared with The Witcher 2. As a sequel, it was an unbelievable leap in quality.

• GamesInquirer says:

Both games have bad combat (and other) mechanics, though I’d say 2′s is clumsier. In that way the first is point and clicky, the second like a badly done unresponsive parody of games like Dark Souls. Worse combat than Skyrim, seriously, just with fancier animations. The world building and pacing is way better in the first game even with the more dated visuals. Most people seem to prefer 2 because it most resembles a straight console action game (with a few binary path choices here and there), even if it’s nowhere near as good as the best of those. Pick your poison I guess, and hope 3 is vastly improved in every way.

• Jazzyboy says:

Up to you. If you’re a fan of nostalgia, and you don’t mind a massive downgrade in graphics/controls, then it’s a good idea as there are lots of interesting chunks of plot that make some parts of the Witcher 2 make just a little bit more sense. However, it’s not necessary as most of the Witcher 2′s main plot is entirely standalone and shows barely any links to the first game.

22. anark10n says:

Finally, a game that realizes the superiority of goats to just about every other animal. Take that Call of Duty poodle!

23. toastie says:

fuck yeah, zombie moose!

24. 2late2die says:

Not that I didn’t enjoy these screens but there were a whole bunch of duplicates. What’s that about? o_O

25. DestructibleEnvironments says:

Some of these images appear multiple times. Christian Bale says: This is so farken unprofessional!

I really need to replay Witcher 1 and play Witcher 2 for the first time.

26. bettieghornung says:

my friend makes $83/hour on the laptop. She has been fired for nine months but last month her income was $21331 just working on the laptop for a few hours check it quickly>>>>>> http://goo.gl/XjXcH1

Comment on this story