The RPS Bargain Bucket: Kefkaesque

By Lewie Procter on November 2nd, 2013 at 2:00 pm.

Sorry if I’ve got the grumpy hat on this week. What’s an Avant-Garde Economist such as myself to do when many of the games that have received worthwhile discounts are also the ones that annoyed me for some reason or other? Hopefully there is still something of interest to you in this week’s bargain bucket, and if you’d prefer me to shut up my face, why not pop along to SavyGamer.co.uk, where I basically never say much at all in the way of opinions. It’s just the bargains.

Deus Ex, Deus Ex: Invisible War & Deus Ex: Human Revolution: Director’s Cut – £6/€9/$9
Deus Ex: Human Revolution registers on Steam.
Obviously we should all be pleased that Square Enix Montreal went back and fixed the terrible awful broken boss fights from Deus Ex: Human Revolution, after they made the confusing decision to outsource a crucial element of the game to a studio who’s boss didn’t seem to have much of an understanding about what Deus Ex was about. But charging for that fix? Seems pretty galling to me. They made poor decisions that were detrimental to their game, and now they’re insisting that players must live with the consequences of those poor decisions unless they pay more money. Still, if you’ve been living in a ventilation shaft for the past thirteen years, maybe you’ve not played any of the Deus Ex games, and this is a rather cheap price to get all three. I spoke a little bit about how the original was one of the Games That Made Me over here, and you can read Wot John thought of Human Revolution here.

Final Fantasy VII – £3/€3.53/$4.79
This is from Amazon US, so you will need to enter a US billing address. Registers on Steam.
Ever the contrarian, for me this is where the Final Fantasy games took a turn for the worse, and sunk the entire genre with them. I didn’t get around to playing it until after it had been out for a few years, so maybe it worked better for an audience that was still wowed by “PHOTOREALISTIC CGI FMV”, but I found it to be the turning point where I became largely (although not entirely) sick of your Japanese Role Playing Games. From earlier games, I missed the consistent overworld/battle visuals, cut scenes using the same assets as the rest of the game, and epic stories that weren’t told through indulgent (poorly directed) cutscenes. For my money Chrono Trigger was the genre’s peak, and it’s been largely downhill since there. I’ve got plenty of time for games that manage to bust out of the formula laid out by FF7 (TWEWY in particular comes to mind), but I’m probably never going to play anything with the words “Final” and “Fantasy” in it’s title ever again. That staircase bit was pretty good though!

Mortal Kombat: Komplete Edition – £6.80/Similar price in other currencies.
Apply coupon “GMG20-P6Y1F-KC19F”. Registers on Steam.
They’re still making these? I’d have thought they’d have gone the way of Kenan & Kel, BBMak and Pogs, destined to found only in our faint memories of the 90s, and maybe buried in a long forgotten time capsule. It’s pretty impressive that they were able to track down most of the original performance capture actors to lend their likeness to this new version, even your man Goro lent a hand. From memory, these game’s single redeeming feature was that they had a move where the man would shout “Get Over Here”, and then he would pull the other character over here. I also thought that the fatalities were fun when I was a child. Is this new one as bad as it looks?

Metro: Last Light – £8.48/€10.18/$13.59
Registers on Steam.
You man Jim quite liked this one:

It’s a linear shooter that kept me engrossed, and even genuinely thrilled at times. Placed next to Crysis 3 and Bioshock Infinite it seems like an equal, even outmatching those ultra-budget big names in some regards. It lacks their extreme precision and QA-smoothed balance, but nevertheless provides meat. It’s very much its own game, and I can only give it credit for its competence in playing with ideas that every shooter tries, and many fail to execute with any originality.

More here.

Deal of the week
LEGO Marvel Super Heroes – £12.52/€14.88/$20.62
Registers on Steam.
Hooray for globalism. Here’s comrade Walker made of this game about little plastic people with superpowers punching and kicking other little plastic people with superpowers:

Lego Marvel Super Heroes is bloody brilliant. I’m utterly hooked, have been playing for two days solid and am still a tiny percentage toward complete, enjoying epic set pieces that feel like worthy entries into the muddle of Marvel non-canon. It’s a massive expansion of the usual formula, this time featuring a huge, open New York to explore, ludicrously packed with missions, quests, challenges and mini-games, with the main story quests launching from within. And oh thank goodness, TT are delighting in the vast array of nonsense to spoof and celebrate within the Marvelverse.

More here.

Also of note:
Worms Armageddon, Worms Blast, Worms Ultimate Mayhem, Worms Pinball, Worms Crazy Golf & Superfrog HD – Pay What You Want. Registers on Steam.
Indie Royale Halloween mega-bundle.
Keep an eye on this big Minecon sale (most of the discounts aren’t quite live yet).

For more of the cheap video games, visit SavyGamer.co.uk.

Sponsored links by Taboola

oceanclub says:

There’s also Bundle of the Damned 2 where for a minimum of $1, you get a bundle of games, music & books including “Lucius”, which got a decent writeup here:

P.

• frightlever says:

Lucius was a great idea but it was kinda painful to play.

Survivor Squad in the same bundle is a sort of FTL meets zombie apocalypse that could be great with a bit more polish – it recently got Greenlit. And Postmortem I have heard a lot of good things about but haven’t played yet. The graphic novels in the bundle are, imo, uniformly bad.

• facebook34 says:

I quit working at shop rite and now I make $35th – $8th…how? I’m working online! My work didn’t exactly make me happy so I decided to take a chance on something new… after 4 years it was so hard to quit my day job but now I couldn’t be happier. He res what I do======

jobs83.COM

2. Gilead says:

Basic tier of the Humble Weekly sale is surely worth it for the Steam version of Worms Armageddon (the best Worms ever made), which includes the newer sort-of-semi-official-but-I-suppose-now-properly-official patches that make it work well on modern systems.

Worms: Crazy Golf is also a surprising amount of fun.

Bugamn says:

I just went and nabbed the bundle. It also comes with soundtracks. How can one resist?

• pin172 says:

Google is paying 80$ per hour! Just work for few hours & spend more time with friends and family. Yesterday I bought a top of the range Lancia after having made $9458 this month. Its the most-financialy rewarding I’ve had. It sounds unbelievable but you wont forgive yourself if you don’t check it out http://smal.ly/j8xJ4

3. GamesInquirer says:

NeonXSZ, the already rather polished, randomly generated, loot infested Descent-like is also still @ 50% off alpha funding (7,49€). Highly recommended, it has a demo too. http://www.neonxsz.com/

4. Sucram says:

Mortal Kombat: Komplete is actually very good, with a much better fighting system than I remember in previous Mortal Kombat games and tons of content. The netcode is rubbish though.

• Guvornator says:

Indeed, in terms of an overall package I’d say it was the best fighter on the PC. They actually made a hell of an effort on the single player side of things, too. It’s possibly a little too gory and tit obsessed for me, but hell, I had fun.

• LordOfPain says:

Agreed. It’s an excellent game (but the netcode IS awful). Netherrealms has been doing very well for a reason.
      Lewie might want to at least be informed about something before he spews snark on it.

• PegasusOrgans says:

Here, here! When I read that, I thought “damn, don’t people even bother to play a game before shitting all over it?” makes the person doing it seem childish and irresponsible.

• Baines says:

Even if you don’t care about playing Mortal Kombat 9, I recommend YouTubing “Mortal Kombat 9 movie” or the like.

MK9’s story mode pretty much is a movie, and is quite watchable even with all the player-controlled fights cut from it. More than that, it is a pretty good movie. It starts slow, but has some nice twists fitting of Mortal Kombat. It also manages to do something that “real” movies and series based on fighting games fail to do, it gives a good accounting of a good portion of the roster. It doesn’t just pick two or three “main” characters to follow, instead following pretty much all of the hero side at one point or another. It also doesn’t jump back and forth between the same characters. Honestly, people making movie and TV series adaptations could learn a few lessons by watching MK9’s story mode. It only really weakens near the end, where it starts to skimp on justifying some of the fights. (Netherrealm used the same style for Injustice.)

5. Badgercommander says:

re: Deus Ex
    I agree it sucks that the improved (fixed isn’t the word, they were a bit pants but not technically broken) boss fights cost money but realistically it takes time and thus money to do that. Ideally Square would cough up but they’re a publisher that’s losing money. So I imagine it was either pay for the improvement or there would be no improvement, given those options I’m glad they decided to do it and give people the choice.

• SkittleDiddler says:

For what they’re charging owners of the vanilla release, it’s not too bad, especially considering they could have taken the more offensive route and charged full price for the Director’s Cut. However, it seems to me like Square have included all that supplemental material just so they could justify charging for the patched boss fights and extra cutscenes. Why not release a separate (free or cheaper) patch for those who aren’t interested in all the extra crap?

That said, the Director’s Cut is an atrocious mess. Remember all the bugs, glitches, and crashes from the original release? Well, they’re all back, including the infamous mouse stutter. It’s boggles my mind that Square felt the need to re-code a new version for the WiiU, and then turn around and re-code that version for the multiplatform releases that followed after.

They didn’t bother fixing the technical issues that were present in the source code. Unbelievably lazy.

Aerothorn says:

Any official word on whether this will once again be patched?

• SkittleDiddler says:

“Unfortunately, at this point we cannot guarantee specific fixes for patches at specific dates.” That’s the official word from the Deus Ex forum.

I have a feeling the devs are going to do the minimum amount of fixing expected of them, just like they did with the original vanilla release.

• tetracycloide says:

You sound like a guy who is extrapolating his experience with an extremely uncommon issue to the entire population of the install base as a whole and has an axe to grind.

• SkittleDiddler says:

Er, what? There are issues with the Director’s Cut that more than one person are running into: mission-breaking glitches, CTDs, freezes, AI goofs, etc. The irony is that virtually all of these problems were present in the vanilla version of Human Revolution.

You sound like a guy who is extrapolating his experience. Not everyone who has played the Director’s Cut has encountered a relatively error-free game — if you don’t believe me, please go browse the official Dues Ex forums or the Steam Community pages for proof.

• tetracycloide says:

There’s only one ‘mission-breaking glitch’ with cloak and dagger (which is only a side quest anyway) and it’s pretty uncommon, “CTDs, freezes, AI goofs, etc.” is just generic stuff to pad a list and is exactly what I’m talking about when I say it sounds like you have an ax to grind because neither the vanilla version nor the DC suffers from them to any significant degree.

Forums and community pages are always full of people running into issues because that’s the first place someone turns when they run into a problem but that’s hardly a representative sample.

RaveTurned says:

“…because neither the vanilla version nor the DC suffers from them to any significant degree.”

For you, with your specific hardware setup, operating system and drivers, and for your subjective definition of “significant”.

• analydilatedcorporatestyle says:

Tetracycloide, I ask of you a favour, would you kindly inform of what is it you are on and where can I obtain it. I find sticking my fingers in my ears and going ‘blah blah blah’ so much of an inconvenience. You Sir are like myself in so many respects, why do people not understand that my personal experiences are all that matter and define reality, ‘the actuale’. Even though many thousands may have had differing experiences and the sheer weight of opinion and probably in reality the actual facts are not on my side, they are wrong!

Is it obtainable from a chemist on prescription or should I be seeking solace on the black market?

Thank you in advance!

• tetracycloide says:

Human Revolution was not a very buggy launch, certainly not enough to just casually reference how buggy it was like everyone knows what you’re talking about…

• analydilatedcorporatestyle says:

It was a piece of crap in DX9 form and that was never fixed. It was unplayable in large in game areas. It runs like a dream in DX11. I speak from experience with XP and Win7 on exactly the same rig. So NO!!!!!, YOU ARE WRONG!!!!!!

• tetracycloide says:

It’s almost like DX9 is old and isn’t the focus in modern titles anymore or something.

• fish99 says:

I have two family members who played the game on XP (therefore DX9) and I can’t remember either having performance issues. /shrug

• analydilatedcorporatestyle says:

DX 9 is cutting edge as we speak(and most definitely was when Deus Ex was in development) , you will be telling us next that the X Box uses DX 10. Now if you had waited till the release of the X Box ONE and the PS4 then another of your wild statements would actually be factually correct!

Or are you saying they developed Deus Ex for the PC and ported to the X Box???

You have me at a disadvantage Sir, as I don’t understand or agree with your bold assertions!

EDIT: The API used in the Xbox 360 is not DX9, and it’s not DX10. It’s a custom API that gives more direct hardware control than DirectX on the PC does, though it’s very similar to DX9. It does have a few features beyond DX9, but not all the features that are in DX10.

• GamesInquirer says:

Some of the more widespread performance issues can be fixed manually with a registry tweak. Apparently the first launch had the exact same issue but was later patched. I’m almost afraid they may have updated an outdated version that means it could end up more problematic than the original outside the enhanced parts. Anyway, before doing the first of the following steps (as I don’t have an Nvidia card) the game’s frame rate constantly fluctuated for seemingly no reason between ~30 and ~60, now it’s smooth sailing outside the occasional stutter as it loads in new assets (which is still annoying with how boxy and small the game’s levels are, not to mention the aggressive shadow LOD and plenty super low resolution assets that seem to not have been loaded properly, like the sky). I’ve not encountered crashes yet.

In regedit navigate to:
        HKEY_CURRENT_USER| Software| Eidos| Deus Ex: HRDC
        Locate AllowJobStealing and set it to 0.
        For NVIDIA owners this may also help. In regedit navigate to:
        HKEY_CURRENT_USER| Software| Eidos| Deus Ex: HRDC| Graphics
        Locate AtiForceFetch4 and set it to 0 also.

As for selling it, it sucks because it’s still a patch even if it fixes bad design rather than buggy code. Development goes through many stages, some games might even be completely overhauled more than once during the process. That doesn’t mean they could or should charge us more just because it took them more money to make something decent. I don’t think this case is very different just because they happened to actually release one of the bad iterations only to overhaul parts of it much later.

Anyway, my main problem with Human Revolution isn’t technical but rather that the game is future Splinter Cell: Lite with NPCs, dialogue choices and inventory tetris, not the epic first person RPG successor the better modern technology and higher budget should have easily enabled.

• jalf says:

Neither does Microsoft with Windows. Unbelievable lazy.

Neither do we where I work. Unbelievably lazy.

Neither did NASA with the space shuttle (known issue: the onboard computer can’t handle the date change if you fly over new years. Workaround: don’t fly missions over new years). Unbelievably lazy.

And yet you’re expecting someone making a game, for entertainment, to fix every bug in their code? And you find it unbelievable if they don’t?

Try setting realistic and reasonable. expectations.

Did anyone say entitled PC gamers?

• The Random One says:

I have to agree with you here. It’s the Mass Effect 3 ending all over again, and I think Square-Enix’ approach was a lot more graceful. It still allows you to play the original ones and make up your mind, and it aknowledges that fixing them is not a matter of stapling a better thing on top of them but rather of recreating a lot of things because those bits went against a lot of what the game’s other themes. I don’t think watching the cinematic release of Blade Runner should leave you entitled to watching the Director’s Cut for free, and my thoughts remain the same here.

6. Nova says:

I like your mini reviews in the bargain bucket. You manage to capture the essence of a game pretty good in these few lines.

7. SkittleDiddler says:

That Minecon website is a fucking mess if you happen to have NoScript enabled in your browser. Just an FYI.

• The Random One says:

If you don’t have NoScript, though, then it’s just a fairly big mess.

Colonel J says:

Gamefly UK has a 20% off code GFDNOV20UK. Don’t think it works on everything but I got an extra 20% off Expeditions: Conquistador (Steam code) which is in their sale. £4.79

Aerothorn says:

Not gonna link it here because I don’t want to be a total tool, but I wrote a book (A Mind Forever Voyaging: A History of Storytelling in Video Games) that contains a chapter arguing *why* Final Fantasy VII was so important, succesful, and influential. Surprisingly few people have taken a stab at that subject, and I think the “PRETTY GRAPHICS” explanation is shallow and lazy (and I say this as someone with a lot of respect for Lewie).

• killias2 says:

FF6 was my favorite game in the series and probably my favorite JRPG of all time. That said, I still like FF7, and I think the crowd has gone too far in the other direction. FF7 isn’t responsible for ruining anything for anyone, and I think it’s still one of the best games in the series. FF8.. I could see the argument, though the series didn’t really fall on its ass until FF13.

Aerothorn says:

Even I think FF7 has serious problems (not least of which is the AWFUL English translation) but I also think it actually is very amibitious and does a lot of things that not only hasn’t been seen in the Final Fantasy series, but JRPGs (and even video games!) in general.

Also, FF8 is actually my favorite of the series, even though it’s not as “important,” precisely because it is the last time Final Fantasy was like “yo let’s break all the rules.” I cannot, off the top of my head, think of a more off-the-wall sequel to a blockbuster game.

• ComfortFit says:

Just thought I’d chime in and mention I just recently have been replaying all the FF’s from my childhood to see if it was really all it was back in the day. I have to say that FF7 was much worse, with regards to its story, than I remembered it being. The clichés… oh god the clichés.

That said, I was surprised to find that FF12 IZJS is now my favorite in the series, especially the story. It managed to tell an interesting political drama that did a decent job of making a villain that wasn’t one dimensional, with a decent supporting cast and a narrative that wasn’t saturated with clichés like the rest in the series. Though the forced psuedo-Shakespearean writing did feel very off, and the playboy bunny race was a bit cringe-worthy as well, those are the only real negatives I could find in the game.

• Deadly Sinner says:

Thank you! Everyone always looks at me like I’m crazy when I say XII is the best. The prevailing arguments seem to be that it’s not traditional and that it plays itself. But the game series is always reinventing itself. FFTactics is even less traditional than XII, and it’s another one of the best games of the series. And the game doesn’t play itself, you still have to come up with the tactics, and it really only automates the busywork (I remember doing nothing but holding down the O button during the random battles in VII.)

I also want to add that it is one of the few Final Fantasies that I would gladly play even without a story. Exploring Ivalice was great, and simply finding and fighting the summons and the hunts constituted at least half of my enjoyment of the game. The lack of random battles and the superior battle system helped as well.

amateurviking says:

Ironically, Tactics also has the option to play itself, and it’s even less involved than XII because you can’t tweak the AI routines. I really must finish XII. I love it but every time I play I get bogged down grinding – I know you don’t need to, but the grid isn’t gated and it’s just sitting there looking invitingly unlockable and nnnnnnng. ZJS fixes this to a degree so I think I’m going to give that a go if I have another stab at it. Really hope they release it on PSN so I can pop it on my Vita.

• Commander Gun says:

Signed, FF6 (or actually i played it under the title ff3) is the better game imho, especially storywise.

The graphics are of course 16 bit, but the music was oh so good. The Opera House comes to mind of course (as a side note, for the people who also played it, here is a nice up-todate-version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36TdZx8VgbA), but the sidestory of Locke and the Phoenix brought tears to my eyes back then.

That being said, both games ff6 and ff7, were extremely good and i sinked hundreds of hours in both games.

EDIT: Your book looks intersting Aero, what brought you to the idea of writing (and actually publish) such a book?

• Lewie Procter says:

I didn’t mean to suggest that pretty graphics of the cutscenes etc were the only reason people liked it at the time, but that they were a major component of why it was the international megahit it was, and other developers/publishers (and indeed Square-Enix) attempting to ape this success was a big factor in the creative stagnation of the genre.

• Kaeoschassis says:

But the game itself wasn’t.
        I totally agree that the genre has effectively fallen to pieces and has scarcely produced anything new or interesting in ages, but I don’t believe that’s down to FFVII, nor do I think it was a bad game. To my mind, it was one of the last of the greats – yes, it was everyone jumping on that bandwagon and imitating it that practically killed the genre, but that’s not the fault of the game.
        The turning point was when people (including Square), started making dull, uninspired copies of a great game, not when Square made that game itself.

• thecommoncold says:

If you are looking for interesting and new JRPGs, Square is definitely the wrong place to look these days. Even their more original stuff like TWEWY bored me into quitting without finishing it. Atlus has largely picked up the JRPG mantle for me.

The Etrian Odyssey games on the DS are JRPGs mashed into western-style dungeon crawlers and, as far as I can tell, keep getting better every iteration, though I’ve only played the first 3 so far. And Radiant Historia (also DS) is delightful – story driven without all the shark-jumping of FF, with a solid grid-based battle system. I hear the Persona games have quite a following too, although I’ve never gotten into them myself.

• Bull0 says:

Final Fantasy is all about the music and funny localization gaffes, tbh

Aerothorn says:

Fair enough, but I think it’s unfair to blame FF7 for other games copying it (it’s the “Myst is responsible for Myst Clones” argument). The graphics were a huge part of the marketing and selling point, but the fact that it remains one of the most popular video games to this day does not, I think, principally stem from those graphics. They’re what got a lot of people in the door, but they aren’t what made them stay.

Aerothorn says:

(incidentally, I’m still waiting for someone to write a big critical takedown of FF6. It has to be done, whether you love it or not, just so it can stop being unquestioned.)

• malkav11 says:

Fucking random encounters EVERY TWO STEPS were what killed FFVI for me. And it’s not better in the earlier games, either. Just compounded by shakier balance and design. I can see why it’s popular, but not why people think it’s better than subsequent games in the series, all of which except the MMOs (and maybe FFXIII, which I haven’t played) are more enjoyable in terms of gameplay pacing and IMHO often systems as well. I’d love to have VI’s diverse cast with unique skills in FFX’s turn-based hotswappable combat, instead of the Sphere Grid interchangeability of the actual cast. Oh well. :(

• bill says:

Oh good god this!
            I tried so hard to play FF6 – and it had such a lovely intro. But 4 random encounters in what appeared to be a 30 foot hallway was the final straw and it never got touched again.
            It could be the best game ever, but it seems mainly determined to annoy and waste it’s players time.

• Universal Quitter says:

That’s like criticizing Jurassic Park because it led to Jurassic Park II and the unending waves of big, dumb sequels.

Just because artists can fail to replicate the parts that made something a “mega-hit,” that isn’t a failing in the original work itself. There are a lot of problems with FF7, my favorite of the series I should add, but production value is not one of them.

Do we blame Counter-Strike for Call of Duty 16: Modern Faces of Future Warfares? Do we criticize the original Sonic the Hedgehog for leading up to Sonic ’06?

Sometimes, people should just say “I don’t like a thing,” and save all of that rationalization for positive feedback.

• dE says:

I feel like Final Fantasy 7 changed the balance between Substance and Style. Final Fantasy 7 may have been Nobuo Uematsus Master Piece. The music was so perfectly in league with the game and fitted so perfectly, that to me it overshadows everything else that game did. Final Fantasy 6 or Chrono Trigger had great music too, but the other parts of the games were somehow better on their own accord.
      I remember all the characters of Final Fantasy 6, their little quirks and traits, I could still summarize the story of the entire game and include even minor plotpoints and sidequests. Same goes for Chrono Trigger, all the characters had charisma. Looking at Final Fantasy 7 I instantly think of the music. I’ve got to try hard to remember the plot at all, there was something about the planet and some guy turned crazy and… that’s about it. When I watched the render anime Advent Children, I sat there gazing at the characters and ending up “oh right, yes, yes he was in the game… I think. Probably. No wait, yeah he was but damn me if I can remember who he was”. I still remember the Soundtrack of FF7 though.

• Kaeoschassis says:

I cannot second that hard enough. VII’s soundtrack was easily its greatest point (and I still love the game, don’t get me wrong) and I’m honestly struggling to name a better one, in any jrpg, before or since. Every track fit so totally, so perfectly with the scene, the location, the character, and honestly it did a lot more for me than the ‘pretty graphics’ ever did.
        Of course, I played VII about four or five years too late for the graphics to really wow me at all.

• Commander Gun says:

Yes, very recognizable, although i do think that the death of Aeris is one of the most memorable moments in gaming ever.

• jalf says:

Statements like that always make me wonder if I played a different game that just happened to have the same name.

The game gave me zero reason to care about what happened to her, and zero reason to even think of her as a character (let alone a person). And as much of a “meh” moment her death was, the fact that the game had to blatantly break its own rules, shred any suspension of disbelief it might have tried to establish in order to do so, and then rub it in with what felt like an hour-long cutscene? I believe a piece of me died that day. I would categorize it as one of the worst-executed moments in gaming. I would have forgotten about it within 10 minutes if it wasn’t for the thousands of times I had heard people tell me what an amazing and dramatic moment it was.

I realize I’m in the minority about that though.

(I should probably mention that I’m not trying to wind anyone up or start a flamewar. A lot of people really liked that game, and especially that scene, and hey, that’s cool. But it honestly does fascinate me to see people praise almost as if it were the peak of storytelling in games.)

mpk says:

Am I being daft, or is that Portuguese website trying to charge £45 for Lego Marvel?

• Hakkesshu says:

It’s 45 Brazilian Real. I just bought it and Lewie’s price checks out. Use Paypal if you’d like to be certain.

mpk says:

Aha, Brazilian monies. I missed the .br, only saw the offer to translate from Portuguese and then got confused when it wasn’t Euros.

JayG says:

I just brought it too, works fine on Steam. Ended up been 18 swiss francs, about 12 pounds. Nice find. thanks.
      edited to add that the game seems to work now, it’s unlocked.

11. ScottTFrazer says:

Metro Last Light is actually $20 for us USians. Bummer.

• Bull0 says:

Oh well, it’s the first and only time anything’s been more expensive in the US than elsewhere, I’m sure you’ll cope

*edit* except healthcare. Zing!

• fish99 says:

It’s £12.50 in the UK too, that cheaper price must have expired or something.

• Lewie Procter says:

Yes, those prices were correct at time of writing.

• Necroscope says:

I noticed gamersgate sales prices start off cheap and are increased. Disciples III: Reincarnation was 6.23 and went up to 12.48 later that day or the next day, I can’t be exact. The Sniper Elite Collection was 3.63 at one point before being increased to 6.24. Early bird gets the worm it would seem!

• Allenomura says:

During the recent Halloween sale, Gamersgate were running 6hr duration flash sales, along with the other bargains, so that probably was why you noticed the rapid price shifts on some items.

12. mOrs says:

So, is it certain that all games on the Minecon Indies page WILL be discounted in the coming days? Because I am not so sure about that. Furthermore, at least one of the featured games, namely Dungeons of the Endless, cannot even be preoredered at all yet. Am I missing something here?

• Lewie Procter says:

Yeah, I’m as confused as you are about this one. Some of the games that are already “discounted” were actually already discounted to those prices before the sale launched. The only one I am certain has actually been reduced is Maia.

I’ll be keeping my eye on it, and posting the highlights on SavyGamer if/when they are actually discounted.

• mOrs says:

That’s really kind of you, good sir. I was interested in Nuclear Throne (which is not discounted) and Dungeons of the Endless, which is, as said, not buyable at all. So it was kind of a bummer for me. But I still love you, RPS! ;)

13. aishaswright says:

my friend makes $83/hour on the laptop. She has been fired for nine months but last month her income was $21331 just working on the laptop for a few hours check it quickly>>>>>> http://goo.gl/XjXcH1