Forkstarter: Devolver Digital Just Plain Ask For Your Money

By Graham Smith on November 8th, 2013 at 8:00 pm.

How to make people like you: brazely admit the thing you want.

I think I might be very easy to please. A simple parody, a few jokes, an old music video, some great games made cheap. It’s Forkstarter, in which Devolver Digital CFO Fork Parker pitches to gamers as to why they should “contribute to the phenomenal wealth of Mr. Parker and usher in a new age of extravagant spending and unmitigated opulence the likes of which the video game industry has never seen.”

I am pleased. Also, Hotline Miami is only £1.74.

The sale extends across other Devolver Digital published games, including the recent Shadow Warrior remake and Serious Sam 3: BFE. A lot of the games cost less than £2, which is, what, the cost of a Mars bar? Do Mars bars still exist? I don’t get out much.

Also, a lot of the games are pretty crappy, so this is mainly your opportunity to i) place a smile inside yourself that you will carry with you for the rest of the day and ii) if you haven’t done so already, buy Hotline Miami, the scuzzy, neon, beat-heavy beat-‘em-up about goring dogs with pool cues.

Check out the pitch video and see the full list of games on sale over on the Forkstarter site.

, , , , .

Sponsored links by Taboola
  1. LionsPhil says:

Oh man, I hope it reaches the dinosaurs goal.

2. Viroso says:

Devolver has the best marketing

• Greggh says:

Best marketing I wouldn’t know (would need some numbers to go with that) – but their publicists are the best :D

3. Kobest says:

Fork Parker just can’t get enough money it seems. I thought he already had the velvet-covered jet ski?

Seriously, I really enjoyed all the games they have published, so keep on going, guys and girls!

DrScuttles says:

Hell yes I’ll give you some of my money, Fork.

Gap Gen says:

This is the same week as Cod Ghosts. Unsure Mr Parker is in the right business. Still, I wish him every luck in amassing a great fortune and not-at-all hubristic lizard reanimation program.

6. plsgodontvisitheforums_ says:

That’s one hell of a pitch, Fork.

7. Maniac says:

Graham… Never go full retard. Duke Nukem 3D: Megaton Edition is excellent, so is Shadow Warrior (the remake, atleast), and Hotline Miami & Serious Sam is just gravy.

Also, Fork Parker isn’t an actual person, if I recall correctly. He’s very much an awesome character, though. He’s fabulous.

8. Tacroy says:

So is there some sort of daily deal associated with this, or should I just buy everything right now?

9. Geen says:

Half-Life 4
    SPOILER: Gordon’s dad is a head crab and you play as Raiden for most of the game.

Devolver staff, if you are out there, please marry me.

10. HadToLogin says:

£2 for Mars bar? Either you have them REALLY big, or I have them really cheap, as that’s 5 Mars bars for me, give or take few bites due to exchange rates.
    Fun fact: but games still cost £30. Yay working average 2, 3 days to buy one game, while West (and Australia) need to spend like 5 hours.
    And you wonder why there’s piracy. Unfortunately, not big enough, as in Russia games costs 2, 3 times cheaper.