By Graham Smith on November 12th, 2013 at 8:00 pm.
Path of Exile, aside from being the name of my freelance career thus far, is a free-to-play action-RPG which Adam liked a lot even in its early beta stages. It came out of beta just a few weeks ago, but its developers are already outlining the next four months of post-release patches leading up to the first expansion in March.
A video explaining the additions of the first patch, 1.0.1, is below.
Most of the newly added content is there for everyone, but there’s a new microtransactional dance animation. Buy me a drink sometime and you can see my microtransactional dance animation.
- Added support for the Descent: Champions race events and Race Season Five.
- Added a new Dexterity support gem – Enhance: This is a world-drop-only gem with three levels that only performs its function at level two and above.
- Added a new Strength skill gem – Purity of Fire: Casts an aura that grants fire resistance to you and your allies. Higher levels increase maximum fire resistance.
- Added a new Dexterity skill gem – Purity of Ice: Casts an aura that grants cold resistance to you and your allies. Higher levels increase maximum cold resistance.
- Added a new Intelligence skill gem – Purity of Lightning: Casts an aura that grants lightning resistance to you and your allies. Higher levels increase maximum lightning resistance.
- The new aura gems are available to certain classes from the “Intruders in Black” quest and to other classes from the “A Fixture of Fate” quest (both in normal difficulty).
- Added four new Unique items, all of which were designed by supporters.
- Added three new cosmetic microtransactions: Golden Spectral Throw, Discipline Force Field Effect and Scion Dance Animation.
- Two new Achievements have been added: Capture the Flag and Zombie Horde
- A checkbox has been added to allow Guild Chat to be hidden.
- New art has been added for Endurance, Power and Frenzy charges.
- Eight new vendor recipes have been added in two groups of four, including ones for changing which bandit quest reward you chose.
- To change your bandit quest reward, use the book that you receive from the recipe in the appropriate difficulty. If you had Eramir’s reward, you will need a skill point available to change away from it.
- When race prizes are awarded in Race Season Five onwards, the remove-only stash tab they go to can be accessed from any non-event league. You cannot access it in the first two weeks of a ladder. This means that your race prizes can be removed from the tab in Domination or Nemesis (but can’t be put back in). When the next four month leagues start, the prizes will not be available in the first two weeks (to keep the early race fair).
Check out the full list of patch notes over on the official forum.