Watch: Binding Of Isaac-Ish Wizard’s Lizard, Promising Indies

By Nathan Grayson on November 20th, 2013 at 1:00 pm.

Pictured: Cyberpunk death competition Gunsport and creator Brandon Sheffield TOTALLY SELLING OUT to Doritos and, um, Pabst Blue Ribbon. In an art gallery.

I recently attended a San Francisco indie event called Good Game Club, and it was, er, good. There were games as far as the eye could see… well, except for where the walls were dotted, spotted, and blotted with art. It took place in an art gallery, though, so that – arguably *a little* more so than rows of clickity clacking PC game terminals – kinda goes with the territory. While there, I came across a few especially tantalizing standouts, so I decided to snap some quick (and, let’s face it, not particularly pretty) videos of each. Soon I will transform RPS’ videos into truly unique, attractive snowflakes (read: they’ll probably all just be hosted by cats), but until then enjoy some raw, gritty-as-a-mouthful-of-cat-litter Guerrilla Video. The games on display include the Binding-of-Isaac-ish (but with a dual-world twist) Wizard’s Lizard, gorgeous-looking story puzzler Gorogoa, local multiplayer retro cyberclash Gunsport, and minimal wonder Videoball.

__________________

« | »

, , , , , , , .

1. Chaz says:

Wow, that Gorogoa looks pretty amazing. The screen shots just look odd ball, but seeing it in motion so to speak is just a real eye opener. Quite clever and astounding.

• MajorManiac says:

It looks beautiful, and the mechanics look mind blowing.

• MajorManiac says:

Can’t try it right now, but the is a download-able demo on the linked site.

• Urthman says:

I’ve played the demo for Gorogoa and it is gorgeous. It’s like the artwork (and dream logic) of some of the very best children’s books.

I’ve been wanting to play it with my kids, but it’s so good I decided to wait so they could enjoy the full version.

2. Solidstate89 says:

PBR?

Damn hipsters!

3. Ultra Superior says:

This video makes me wanna play call of duty. Almost.

4. David Shute says:

Wizard’s Lizard and Gunsport didn’t do much for me, and blimey doesn’t the Videoball chap say a load of old nonsense, but I’ve just played the Gorogoa demo (from the link) and it is indeed very lovely.

• Chaz says:

Unfortunately right now, I can’t get the demo to load past 43%. Checked my Java and it’s up to the latest version.

5. Bugamn says:

The Doritosgate rears its ugly head again!

6. dar830 says:

its so cool..Google is paying 75$/hour! Just work for few hours & spend more time with friends and family. On sunday I bought themselves a Alfa Romeo from having made $5637 this month. its the best-job Ive ever had.It sounds unbelievable but you wont forgive yourself if you don’t check it out http://goo.gl/f6e95V

7. nicolejscott says:

▂ ▄ ▅ ▇ Good News My Buddies ▇ ▅ ▄ ▂
    …”Can you have some spare time to sit back in your chair having your laptop with you and making some money online for some interesting online work “said Jenny Francis in the party last night ….see more what is for you there to increase your pocket money============ W­­W­­W­.J­o­b­s­5­3.­ℂ­­ℴ­­m

8. richtaur says:

Hi! A Wizard’s Lizard dev here. Beyond excited about getting coverage on one of my favorite gaming sites. THRILLHOUSE!!

So the article links to the Kickstarter project, back when it was called Crypt Run. Just wanted to explain that the Kickstarter was successful, we’re shooting for a launch in January, and we changed the name to A Wizard’s Lizard. Microsite here: http://www.wizardslizard.com/

Happy to answer any questions! GAME ON