Waking Mars Devs Reveal Spider: Rite Of Shrouded Moon

By Nathan Grayson on November 27th, 2013 at 9:00 am.

We'd have gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you crazy kids and your non-talking spider who doesn't really care about any of this and actually just the spider and there are no crazy kids and what are we talking about again?

Tiger Style’s track record of stupendous, totally-not-what-you’re-expecting brilliance is well-documented. Waking Mars took Metroid’s extraterrestrial exploratory stylings and fused them with… gardening, and Spider: The Secret of Bryce Manor had you playing as the eight-legged embodiment of nightmares that most games (and, er, existence) have taught us to revile. And now, despite the first Spider’s imprisonment under the impregnable water glass that is mobile, Tiger Style has announced that its sequel will also spin a web in PC’s mustiest corners. Oh goodness! What’s that prickly feeling on the back of your neck? Why, it’s Spider: Rite of the Shrouded Moon, of course.

Rite of the Shrouded Moon focuses on a new location, the Blackbird Estate, and the secret society that constructed it. Little did they know that US Marine Anthony Spiderson, elite spider soldier and True American Patriot, would accidentally stumble into it while searching for his missing platoo– OK, that’s not the plot at all. Here’s what Tiger Style is saying:

“We hereby promise it is going to fulfill your every fantasy about what a Spider game possibly could be!  It’s bigger, better, deeper, richer, and ready for more platforms.”

Real details, then, are scant at the moment, but if you’ve played Secret of Bryce Manor, expect more in that style. Dart and skitter about, spin webs to catch prey, and all the while uncover a mystery dripping with human intrigue that no spider of this earth would actually understand or care about. But that’s the beauty of it: the spider really, honestly doesn’t. You do, and you only come across this sliced-to-ribbons tapestry of information incidentally.

Spider: Rite of the Shrouded Moon will be out sometime in spring 2014. For now, though, it’ll just continue to rest on the back of your neck. So long as you don’t move for the next four or five months, you should be just fine.

__________________

« | »

, , , .

1. DestructibleEnvironments says:

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh its a spider!!

• Henke says:

My feelings exactly. I loved Waking Mars and would love to play Tiger Style’s other games, but I have a feeling my arachnophobia would make that a rather unpleasant experience. :(

• Jackablade says:

As a boy who grew up in rural Australia, I kinda miss having spiders around. You just don’t get the really big ones here in the city. Hopefully this game will help fill that scuttly absence.

• jrodman says:

I am sorry to admit that I love that there are arachnophobic players of games (sorry you don’t deserve it) because it leads to some of the most amazing mods.

For example, I look forward to playing this game as a fluffy kitten that can lower itself via a ball of yarn etc.

[edited to change 'technophobic' to correct word. spellcheck...]

2. GameCat says:

Spider Man, Spider Man, scientifically acurrate Spider Man!

(would post video but it’s gross)

• SominiTheCommenter says:

Spider Game, Spider Game, does whatever a Spider game can.

• jrodman says:

But will it make me gay?

(This is a trick question.)

3. BooleanBob says:

Rite of Shrouded Moon, second left, then on past the Tesco, you can’t miss it. Although, if you don’t mind me asking, why do people even go to those anymore? Haven’t you heard of the internet?

4. Detocroix says:

Awesome news!

I hope they do continue Waking Mars style games too. That is one of my favorite games and one of the only ones (ever) I played through in one go.

5. lordfrikk says:

Wow, I didn’t even know about the game. Serves me right for not having a device that could play either of the existing versions… which is why I’m glad the sequel will be on PC, it looks properly bonkers.

6. Ross Angus says:

Just want to say that Nathan’s posts this week have been especially good. At least 20% more funny-juice.

7. Stardreamer says:

We need a Waking Venus next, please, Tiger Style. Or something else as brilliantly wonderful as Waking Mars. Woken Mars? Sleepy Again Mars? Night Night Mars?

tl:dr – MOAR PLEASE

8. strangeloup says:

All of my fantasies about spider games revolve around infinite fire and finite spiders.

9. VelvetFistIronGlove says:

This will be interesting. The first Spider was one of the earliest iOS games with controls that were designed for a touchscreen. As the spider, you jump by flicking your finger in the direction you wanted to—a faster flick would make you jump further.

I wonder how the PC version will adapt this? Because that kind of thing just does not translate to mouse.

10. Jurple says:

Worth mentioning, perhaps, that Secret of Bryce Manor for Android is available as one of the BTA games in the current 3d Humble Mobile Bundle.
    /\(00)/\

• LTK says:

I didn’t even notice that until you pointed it out. And I even have the bundle already. Thanks!

11. Alisa3546 says:

I simply got paid $9000 operating off my laptop computer this month. And if you’re thinking that it is cool, and you also want to earn money then you are on the right way just go to this site for amazing details……….> W­W­W.B­L­U­E­4­8.C­O­M