I Will Never Be This Creative In EverQuest Next Landmark

By Adam Smith on November 29th, 2013 at 7:00 pm.

My proudest Minecraft creation was a shack on top of a mountain. It had a single room, a bed, a chest and one glass wall that looked out across the world as far as the draw distance could see. It was a terrible little box but it was my terrible little box. I look at some of the architectural wonders and recreations that people make and I think to myself, ‘that is incredibly impressive and it is also something that I will never ever have the patience to do’. The same is true of the EverQuest Next Landmark video below. A piece of concept art is recreated in the game, the whole thing shown in time lapse. I want to walk around a world and see things like this but I’ll be in my shack, with a telescope, watching the ants at work.

I could probably just about manage to recreate that.

__________________

« | »

, , .

1. mtomto says:

But… if that’s a house, then how do you get up there?

2. Tei says:

I propose wen the beta start we make “Penisville”, a city where all the building look vaguely like penis. I know the obsesion with the penis shape is more a USA thing than a european thing, but maybe we can embrace it (eergh..) as a experiment. We can pretend is a remembranza to H.R. Giger.

• captainparty says:

I really don’t think you’ll have to worry about that. Give a man a tool and he’ll use it to form a penis.

• MrStones says:

I get that “remembranza” is probably just a case of mistranslation but it’s now my new favourite word.

Remembrance + Extravaganza = Rememberanza :)

• thebluemonkey81 says:

This is pretty much why when I see this kinda stuff I’m always like

“OMG, that’s awesome… wait… shit… people are just going to make dicks ¬_¬”

3. WarOnGamesIndustry says:

Can’t they learn anything from other voxel games? Seriously why is there no symmetrical building tool in this game?

4. schlusenbach says:

Ah, it’s a MOGE – Massive online game editor.

5. smeghamr says:

They didn’t copy the wooden struts on the side properly, so i’m not really impressed.

6. Darth Gangrel says:

“that is incredibly impressive and it is also something that I will never ever have the patience to do” That’s what I always think when looking at mods, but I’m slowly going to change that. Meanwhile, I can just download other people’s hard work.

Comment on this story