I Will Never Be This Creative In EverQuest Next Landmark

By Adam Smith on November 29th, 2013 at 7:00 pm.

My proudest Minecraft creation was a shack on top of a mountain. It had a single room, a bed, a chest and one glass wall that looked out across the world as far as the draw distance could see. It was a terrible little box but it was my terrible little box. I look at some of the architectural wonders and recreations that people make and I think to myself, ‘that is incredibly impressive and it is also something that I will never ever have the patience to do’. The same is true of the EverQuest Next Landmark video below. A piece of concept art is recreated in the game, the whole thing shown in time lapse. I want to walk around a world and see things like this but I’ll be in my shack, with a telescope, watching the ants at work.

I could probably just about manage to recreate that.

, , .

1. mtomto says:

But… if that’s a house, then how do you get up there?

• lautalocos says:

well, you obviosuly, ehm…….jump? maybe?

• amberpsiefert says:

m being thankful.. Google is paying 75$/hour! Just work for few hours & spend more time with friends and family. On sunday I bought themselves a Alfa Romeo from having made $5637 this month. its the best-job Ive ever had.It sounds unbelievable
      but you wont forgive yourself if you don’t check it out….. http://goo.gl/iITlPP

• iniudan says:

Levitate spell

• Pich says:

By floating.

• LionsPhil says:

Winding up the spiral staircase that’s inside the tower, having entered from a door on the opposing side, natch.

• BockoPower says:

It’s Rapunzel’s tower. She drops her long hair when she needs you to clean the house and give her some funny time.

(And also if you didn’t notice at 0:40 “the house” is one solid block with no interior…)

• Ezhar says:

Kelethin style elevators. You youngsters may not know this, but Kelethin was the starting village for any aspiring wood/half-elf, and well known for the lack of safety fences on its tree-top dwellings and supply elevators. Many a newbie ragequit over them and left their poorly clad corpse rotting in the orc-infested forest below, not knowing that starting over in Toxxulia forest would be a far worse experience.

• Mabswer says:

By dying and spawning there

2. Tei says:

I propose wen the beta start we make “Penisville”, a city where all the building look vaguely like penis. I know the obsesion with the penis shape is more a USA thing than a european thing, but maybe we can embrace it (eergh..) as a experiment. We can pretend is a remembranza to H.R. Giger.

• captainparty says:

I really don’t think you’ll have to worry about that. Give a man a tool and he’ll use it to form a penis.

• MrStones says:

I get that “remembranza” is probably just a case of mistranslation but it’s now my new favourite word.

Remembrance + Extravaganza = Rememberanza :)

• thebluemonkey81 says:

This is pretty much why when I see this kinda stuff I’m always like

“OMG, that’s awesome… wait… shit… people are just going to make dicks ¬_¬”

3. WarOnGamesIndustry says:

Can’t they learn anything from other voxel games? Seriously why is there no symmetrical building tool in this game?

• Serpok says:

Because symmetrical anything sucks.

• whorhay says:

If I am remembering correctly from a previous video they did show that there is actually a copy and paste feature. Once you paste an object, or set of objects into the game you can alter it by rotating it in most any direction and I believe invert it along whatever axis you choose. This would allow you to build symmetrically if I am not mistaken.

4. schlusenbach says:

Ah, it’s a MOGE – Massive online game editor.

5. smeghamr says:

They didn’t copy the wooden struts on the side properly, so i’m not really impressed.

6. Darth Gangrel says:

“that is incredibly impressive and it is also something that I will never ever have the patience to do” That’s what I always think when looking at mods, but I’m slowly going to change that. Meanwhile, I can just download other people’s hard work.