Game Music Bundle 6 Offers 24 Albums For $10

By Graham Smith on December 2nd, 2013 at 8:00 pm.

This art is by Dominik Johann, whose work is rad.

Every day there’s a bundle of bundles, and so it takes something special to be impressive. Game Music Bundle 6 is something special. For $1.00 you get the sountracks to Dust: An Elysian Tail, Braid, Rogue Legacy, Eletronic Super Joy and Famaze.

For just $10, you also get the soundtracks to Kentucky Route Zero, Guacamelee, Risk of Rain, Thirty Flights of Loving, 7 Grand Steps, Artemis, The Stanley Parable, Zineth, Papa & Yo and more. It’s a total of 24 albums for the price of two Stereophonics singles I bought in Our Price in 1997.

The bundle runs for the next 11 days, and is being organised by loudr.fm. I read their ‘About’ page and I couldn’t work out what they do, but they’re hosting a Game Music Festival which is maybe an event or maybe it’s just this website with reviews on it. I don’t know, but they like game music so that’s nice.

You can listen to each of the albums at the Game Music Bundle site before you buy, and the tracks are available in mp3 and in many cases FLAC or other lossless formats.

__________________

« | »

, , .

1. amateurviking says:

The Guacamelee soundtrack is great!

2. Randomer says:

This bundle is a real heavy hitter. Dust has a gorgeous soundtrack, as does Braid. The Thirty Flights of Loving score is short but sweet. The little I’ve heard from Rogue Legacy really impresses me. And there are bunch of others that I can’t wait to find time to listen to, like Guacamelee, Papo and Yo, a Disasterpiece album, etc.

Honestly, these GMB people really put together a beautiful package. In previous bundles (at least the headline GMB {insert number here} bundles), there have been a few albums where I thought “Meh, I don’t think I have any interest in that”. Then months later I get around to unzipping the files and actually listening to them, and I think “Holy crap, this is awesome!”

GMB might not have the same brand recognition as Humble Bundle, but they really do for VG music what the Humble Bundle does for games.

3. Randomer says:

This is what I’ve gathered about loudr.fm: It’s a “Bandcamp” type website that was created by the people that run the Game Music Bundles. Loudr isn’t exclusive to VG/chiptune music, but it was primarily created to be an indie-friendly storefront for the video game music industry.

To quote Brentalfloss, a popular VG Remixer, “I’m on Bandcamp/iTunes/Spotify/Amazon/Deezer/Xbox/Google. Can you sell me on the benefits of LoudrFM in 140 characters or less? :)”
    Loudr: “unlike all those places, we know who you are. Oh, and a better cut, collaborator splits, bundling, real-time sales, licensing.”

4. DiamondDog says:

Entirely worth it just for the Risk of Rain soundtrack.

5. slerbal says:

I have been picking up all the game music bundles for a while now – there is some seriously great talent making game music at the moment and given that i often end up buying humble bundles for the soundtracks alone this makes me very happy.

The albums in GMB6 are great – I am very much enjoying Kentucky Route Zero (which for some reason I’ve never heard of before) :)

• Jalan says:

I’ve also bought all of them and sadly didn’t pay $10 on one of them. Then, as if they hated money, they had no means to increase the order amount after the sale had ended. Fools the lot of them I say, fools.

• mwoody says:

Aye, Kentucky Route Zero is great. I really wish they’d release some more episodes, though!

• Henke says:

I loved the folk songs in KRZ, and after I’d finished ep1 and 2 I looked up the soundtracks online, but they were like 7 bucks apiece so I passed. 10 bucks for the both of them plus a bunch of other stuff is a great deal though. :)

6. PopeRatzo says:

Since we’re talking about game music, I would like to reiterate my annual request that racing games include a barebones MP3 player, so users can select their own music to be played during the game.

I am reminded of this because of Need for Speed Rivals, which I am enjoying quite a bit. The music is really substandard, however, especially for Criterion, who made Burnout Paradise, which had everything from classical music to easy listening to heavy metal, rap, punk, etc.

I can pick a much better soundtrack for my racing and crashing around than any game company, but playing my music on AIMP in the background is not good enough. I want the songs in my playlist to be programmed to start at the beginning of a race or at dramatic moments, just like the music that comes with the game.

I’m sure it would be trivial to include a basic audio file player with a game, so all I’d have to do is put some mp3 files or playlists into a folder and the game would treat that the same as they treat the canned crappy music they provide. It seems to me that there were games that did this once, but I can’t recall which ones.

• snorcack says:

Euro Truck Simulator 2 still allows you to play your own Music. GTA:SA also had a User Track Player for the same purpose.

7. Napalm Sushi says:

Semi-relevant, but this came out a couple of weeks ago, if memory serves:

…and marks the first time in a while that I’ve listened to an album several times in one day. That and the Nuclear Throne score:

Truly these are great times to have ears, or equivalent organs.

8. mwoody says:

Wow, fantastic bundle. My only minor complaint is that I couldn’t find a way to download all of the albums with a single click, but that’s hardly a stumbling block. Looking around, there’s some great stuff on here, like the old 7th guest / 11th hour soundtrack.

• Jalan says:

7/11 was in one of their previous bundles. Sadly the same one that had threats of legal action against it that resulted in a few albums being removed from it as well (though 7/11 was not one of them).

Comment on this story