This Skyrim Mod Will Take You Into The Danger Zone

By Craig Pearson on December 3rd, 2013 at 7:00 pm.

Ladies and Gentlemen, it's Tom Cruise!
According to international law, I am not allowed to post the video I made playing of myself playing this Skyrim Mod, which changes the fighting music into Danger Zone by Kenny Loggins. Now, I’ll admit there hundreds of reasons and at least three court orders that should prevent me from going anywhere near recording equipment, but I am sad that one of them is “A man in his pants enjoying a game and wants you to share it with the world.” It seems like my happiness, and the happiness others would get from it, should override petty rules and regulations, particularly when it involves Skyrim and the Top Gun soundtrack.

But nooooo, my attempt to spread a little copyright infringing joy on this cold winter’s day was blocked. The best I can do is send you to a close approximation I mocked up on Youtube Doubler, or you could just play the mod yourself. It really, really does soundtrack every fight with Danger Zone, which is the best and the worst thing I can say about it.

And now I want more dynamic and cheesy music for my wanderings. The fact that I don’t shout “Stop! Hammertime!” when delivering the Dragon Shout that slows time is weighing heavily on my conscience.

__________________

« | »

, , , .

1. Greg Wild says:

Lydia. Lydia. LYDIA.

WHAT?!

Daaaangerzone.

2. The Random One says:

Not interested unless it also replaces the player home music with Cyndi Lauper’s She Bop.

3. Darth Gangrel says:

Oh, I love these kinds of mods. I saw a video about one where they replaced the face of a troll with the smiling troll face and added the trollolol music, youtube.com/watch?v=HUztQNIbEaE.

The macho dragon mod replaced the dragons with Randy “Macho Man” Savage and had epic foreshadowing: “Macho man is coming to town…” was heard when the dragon arrived, youtube.com/watch?v=Bifmj1O3D24, and an NPC was like “did you hear that?”, lol.

4. SillyWizard says:

The non-footage-from-the-movie bits comprise just about the most boring music video I could imagine for something about a “danger zone.” He’s awkwardly putzing around a bedroom.

Is the “danger zone” supposed to mean buttsecks?

• Lanfranc says:

The “danger zone” is when the money in the recording budget is running out and the suits from the label start to look at you funny.

“Hey, we’ll just shoot the last bits for the video at my house, it’s no problem! It’ll be fine!”

5. jimangi says:

This should also add include Push it to the Limit. As much as I appreciate this mod, I think even you would tire of having just the one bit of cheesy music in your battles. Why not have them all?

On the subject of Danger Zones, they should reboot Jurassic Park:Danger Zone. That game, man! That game…

6. InternetBatman says:

Ugh. I just want to see a video of this mod. Is that really too much to ask?

• Ninja Foodstuff says:

Yes, because clearly what you really want to do is not watch the video but instead rip the audio from the video so that you can listen to part of a soundtrack from the 80s on your ipod without paying the music companies anything. Admit it, you have no interest in Skyrim at all!

7. derbefrier says:

I just picked up the dlc I was missing cause steam sale and as soon as I get home I am installing this cause I feel the need. The need for speed.

8. rustybroomhandle says:

Iron Eagle had Queen, just saying.

9. golem09 says:

Didn’t know Ken Levine made music in the 80s. Not a creative alias btw, still the same initials.

10. Viroso says:

I started the game recently. It is cool but I was sad to notice that maybe 70% of skyrim are essential NPCs.

• Greggh says:

Yep, the first guy I wanted to kill (the imperial nord that is the counterpart to Ralof or whatshisname) was essential – and I was playing on MASTERFUL, which turns enemies into sword-spongy insta-killers :\

• fish99 says:

I dunno, I got bored and went round using Storm Call in each town, and crossbowing everyone who attacked me, and there was hardly anyone left alive afterwards. Admittedly most of the unkillables are inside the buildings.

It’s annoying you can’t kill the children because they are the most annoying, and their accents don’t fit the game at all.

• Gap Gen says:

Being the person you can kill without consequence must really suck.

11. Greggh says:

BEST. SKYRIM. MOD. EVER.

No, wait, now we need a beach volleyball mod. And aviator glasses!!

12. anne822 says:

Isabelle. if you think Troy`s postlng is great… last thursday I bought a great new Maserati since getting a check for $5166 this last four weeks and would you believe, ten k this past munth. this is really the best-job I have ever done. I actually started 7-months ago and pretty much straight away began to earn at least $72, per-hr. try this site

13. Spacewalk says:

I used to be a top gun but then I passed a volleyball to my co-pilot.

14. Universal Quitter says:

That little mashup actually erased a pretty pissy mood, so thank you.

And I mean pissy in the American sense, not the drunken sense.

15. chadperson644 says:

Thanks for checking out my mod guys. See you all in the Danger Zone.

Comment on this story