Hey, Where’s Assassin’s Creed IV: Freedom Cry On PC?

By Nathan Grayson on December 19th, 2013 at 9:00 am.

Huh. Well, this is a bit embarrassing. I seem to have – and you’re never going to believe this when I tell you; hoo boy, what are the odds? – misplaced Assassin’s Creed IV’s Freedom Cry DLC. I don’t even know how this happened. I’ve retraced my steps and everything. I just cannot find it anywhere. Wait a minute, Ubisoft, why are you sitting conspicuously in that corner over there, glancing back and forth like you’ve got something to hide? OK, spit it out. Go on now. Ahhh, there’s the culprit: a delay.

It’s possibly the series’ most last-second delay ever (the DLC was originally supposed to be out on December 17th), but Ubisoft seems to be suggesting that this one will be pretty short-lived. The publisher explained:

“The PC version of the Freedom Cry DLC for Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag will release in the coming days. We are taking the extra time to apply a final layer of polish to ensure that it meets the expectations of our fans.”

Coming days. Sounds like we won’t be waiting long, but that’s also an extremely vague statement. Here’s hoping Freedom Cry drops sooner rather than later, lest we all shed embittered tears once reserved for AC V’s inevitable Ubidelay.

And besides, the sooner we liberate our way through (the apparently quite good) Freedom Cry, the sooner we can try badgering Ubisoft into creating Freedom Cry: Blood Dragon.

, , .

Sponsored links by Taboola
  1. BobbyDylan says:

Maybe they adding 1080p resolution…….

• Darth Grabass says:

It was already 1080p on the PS4, so that probably wasn’t the polishing they were referring to.

• Skiddywinks says:

Was it real 1080p though, or just upscaled?

Genuinely don’t know.

2. Kein says:

What is PC?
    There are games on it? But… I heard these rumors about pirates…

3. Badoink says:

Guys, did you checked before writing this if – maybe – Freedom Cry is available already on PC?

Because it is. Since yesterday.

• Grey Poupon says:

Unsurprisingly they didn’t write this article this morning. Granted they should have never published it, but still.

Also, I’d rather have delays than releases like Sim City or BF4. In a perfect world everything would come out on time and be flawless, but if I have to choose then I’d rather wait and play a better game. Sometimes the delays are because of the stupid weekly sales charts and whatnot, but someone else than the publisher is responsible for those.

• Bull0 says:

Awkward… although Nathan DID say he thought the delay would be “short lived”.

• Crossbit says:

Even it is was written yesterday, it’s still true in part. Annoyingly.

Season Pass owners through Steam still don’t have any access to it, and some SP owners with a Uplay-only install have been reporting the same problem. In both cases the system says that they own Freedom Cry, but that’s about it.

• Lord of the Fungi says:

Is it now? Many Season’s Pass users still have no way to download or access that DLC, despite it being added to the owned DLC list. Because Ubisoft.

• Aunion says:

Played it through yesterday evening, got AC4 with season pass on uplay. It’s hidden in the same section as the Aveline missions are.

4. Bull0 says:

Probably found even more hilARious bugs, if the original release is anything to go by.

5. Belsameth says:

Ubilayed might be the new technical term for it…

6. The Random One says:

Speaking of things that don’t come out on PC and then do and are also about black assassins fighting slavery by stabbing it in the face, will you do a WIT on Liberation?

7. Snargelfargen says:

I’m surprised that pre-ordering DLC isn’t a thing yet.

8. Stardreamer says:

Very much THIS. ^

Cut it out, Ubisoft. No-one’s buying your PR tripe any more.

9. frightlever says:

Can we just make this a Ubisoft dogpile, because I caved at the last Steam sale and bought Far Cry 3, only to discover that I can use K&M or Gamepad but not both. And yes I can use Xpadder or whatever, but you get no analog steering using the button emulators. So I’m going back to my Ubisoft veto. Until the next sale, obviously.

10. Seafort says:

The PR about the delay on the forum was hilarious and now I can’t access the DLC as I bought the Deluxe version with season pass.

Ubisoft really know how to treat their paying customers well. Might as well have pirated the game and get into the spirit of things :P
    I would have got it quicker than the legit version that’s for sure :)

Also my save game has disappeared too. They are really making it hard for themselves to keep their customers hehe.

11. undr337 says:

John`s blurb is cool, I just bought a gorgeous Subaru Impreza from earning $5396 thiss month and would you believe, $10k this past munth. this is certainly the best work I have ever had. I started this four months/ago and pretty much straight away made myself at least $79, per-hour. more information http://ho.io/Freelance

12. Raztaman says:

It’s out now (Y)

13. akshay says:

Download Assassins Creed 4 Black Flag Freedom Cry Save Game and Unlocker from here – http://goo.gl/nG7KN9