Puppygames Fill The Humble Weekly Bundle

By John Walker on December 19th, 2013 at 9:05 pm.

The Humble Puppy Bundle sounds… I really don’t know. Puppies are cute, so good. But a bundle of them, all at once? I can’t take on that much responsibility! Oh, and dogs are rubbish! Fortunately this is a Humble Weekly Bundle from Puppygames, consisting of the UK developer’s entire catalogue. And no actual baby animals. Which means you can pay what you want for Ultratron, Droid Assault, Titan Attacks and the very excellent Revenge Of The Titans, plus a bunch of soundtracks, and give a bundle of money to GamesAid. Oh, and the best video ever, featuring Ian Livingston!

Puppygames is a teeny team of three, led by CS Lewis character in poor disguise, Caspian Prince. They’ve made sure that the bundle is of intrigue, with updates to some games to reflect the season. That’s Droid Assault and Revenge Of The Titans, given what are described as “Christmas Modes”. And Ultratron and Droid Assault have also been given 2-player local co-op.

Check out this gorgeous video:

Right, so, go ahead and make them rich.

, , , , , .

1. KDR_11k says:

Right, so, go ahead and make them rich.

And hurry, last time they talked sales numbers all of these games had made less money than it took to develop them.

• kalirion says:

Not quite. http://www.puppygames.net/blog/?p=1369

Titan Attacks broke even after 7 years, and Revenge of the Titans broke even as well, with major help from one of the first Humble Indie Bundles.

Hopefully this weekly will serve to more than break even for the rest :)

Kinda funny that in the response to one of the comments for that blog post, they said ““One does not simply… get in a Humble Bundle.” as Boromir might be paraphrased. They come to us; we don’t go to them. Same goes for everyone else.”

• Pop says:

It’s a real shame about that. Revenge of the Titans still ranks as one of my all time favourites in the genre, perhaps even eclipsing Plants vs Zombies.

• Shadowcat says:

I always liked the Humble Bundle videos, but Puppy Games have just set the bar at a height the previous bundles didn’t even know existed. That was awesome :)

• RosaJHunter says:

my roomate’s half-sister makes $86 every hour on the laptop. She has been laid off for five months but last month her income was $16579 just working on the laptop for a few hours. straight from the source… http://cpl.pw/OKeIJo

2. Darth Gangrel says:

“Puppygames is a teeny team of three, led by CS Lewis character in poor disguise, Caspian Prince” It would be really neat if these games had (As)lan support.

3. drvoke says:

This? But not a word about the 8 hour holiday sale at the humble store yesterday? Glad I’m on the mailing list, got in just in time to get Euro Truck Simulator 2 for $6.24. Lots of other great deals (including EUIV), but I was limiting myself to one game only in anticipation of the Steam sale. So far, the Humble Store sale had more better games for less money than the Vaporous One, but we’ve got a week yet, so we’ll see!

jrodman says:

8 hours? I just logged into their store absentmindedly and assumed that price for euro truck was some normal lowish price and bought it. I guess I was lucky.

4. Cloudiest Nights says:

Wow, I just accidentally bought the Humble Bundle instead because I logged in and it redirected me to the main page instead. That’s annoying.

• Shadowcat says:

I too blindly click on BUY buttons when I see them! My house already contains ALL THE THINGS from the internet; and yet they keep making NEW things! When will it end??

5. harmen says:

> Reach $150K to unlock the source code for all these games!

Whoa! Cool!

• Shadowcat says:

Indeed! After this happened in the very first Humble Indie Bundle, I had fervently hoped that all bundles would make the awesome move of offering their source code so that the games could live forever. Sadly, I think that was the only time it ever happened. Until now. If you’re reading this Puppy Games, you are awesome for doing that, and I sincerely hope you reach this target (in a sane world you would do so for that incredible video alone).

6. Shadowcat says:

HEY RPS. Can you please make mention of the associated blog post, and the VERY IMPORTANT information it contains for people who already own these games via direct purchases from Puppy Games?

It’s worth reading the blog post regardless, but existing Steam-free customers need to be aware that Puppy Games have given up on direct sales and will no longer be keeping those versions up to date, so those customers will want to pay-what-they-want in this sale in order to get maintained versions of the games moving forwards.

jrodman says:

That’s awkward.

• The Random One says:

It appears that if you’ve bought directly from them you can go to this page ======> http://www.puppygames.net/steam/ and they’ll give you a Steam key for whichever games you’ve got. I’m on my cell so I can’t try that, though.

princec says:

That doesn’t mean that they’re not going to be maintained – just that if you want them maintained, you need to use Steam. Or drop a penny on Humble, Inc. and add them to your Humble account.

• Shadowcat says:

That… that’s what I said? Steam-free gamers who previously purchased the games directly will need to get the Humble Bundle in order to ensure they’ll have a maintained copy, because the ones they already have will no longer be updated.

• Shadowcat says:

Btw I don’t have a problem with that. I just wanted RPS to update the article so that the existing customers don’t go thinking they can safely ignore this bundle because they already have all the games (which is what I nearly did!). Buying the bundle for pay-what-you-want makes for an easy fix, but you have to know that you need to buy it!

princec says:

Nah, we already give anyone who wants a Steam key for their direct versions one for nothing (http://www.puppygames.net/steam) … or if your tinfoil hat is particularly tight, we’ll just chuck you a Humble version if you just ask.

• Shadowcat says:

Nice one! You should mention that (the humble key bit) in the Blog post as well? Hopefully you’ll still be able to hand those out after the bundle is over, so that people who missed all of this can still be sorted out painlessly.

• The Random One says:

Why isn’t Ultratron listed there?

princec says:

Whoops, Ultratron fell off the list. Will fix as soon as we can.

7. SpinalJack says:

I’ve already got all their games but sounds like a good time to reinstall them.
    Would like to take a peak at the source code though.

8. hlm2 says:

RPS just made a CS Lewis reference. DAY MADE.

9. Pace says:

Cats vs Dogs:
    Dogs love their owners like a child loves his parents. Cats couldn’t give a crap about us. Proof!

• Saarlaender39 says:

Well, that’s one shitty experiment, if I ever saw one…

Besides: we all know that dogs have masters, while cats have servants (aka: foodcan-openers).

Now, kidding(?) aside – cats love their “owners” (better: chosen two-legged companions) as much as the next dog, they’re just not dependent from us, the same way dogs are.

And yes – before you ask – I prefer a cat a 1000 times over a dog as companion.

jrodman says:

How does this relate to the article at all?

• The Random One says:

This article is about a video game company named after a word used to refer to a young dog.

10. Lusketrollet says:

I have no respect or understanding for anyone who doesn’t like dogs. And that’s not even joking.

11. siegarettes says:

The only problem that I have with this bundle is that the games are so excellent I’ve owned all of them for years now. Hell, before the Steam release of Ultratron, it was a completely different game, essentially. Glad it’s getting two player modes however. I may buy it just to give them more money.

12. Runty McTall says:

In the spirit of Christmas, I have the following games spare on Steam, if anyone wants one of them:
    - Half Life 2
    - Call of Duty 4 (Modern Warfare)
    - Payday: The Heist (two copies – NB, it’s the first game not the sequel)
    - Space Marine

None of them new or exciting but, well, they’re just sat there are at the moment so if anyone wants one, just reply with your Steam ID below (I assume there are no security risks associated with putting one’s ID up? Never done this before).

Cheers.

Edit – It’s Half Life 2, not the original.

Bugamn says:

If you want to do this, my steam id is Bugamn and I would like to try Space Marine.

Contaminated by those spirits of Christmas (the alternatives shown by Future Christmas are not nice), I also have an extra copy of Just Cause 2 that I can give to those interested.

By the way, the id is the public name, right? The name I use to login is secret, I believe it should stay so, and searching for it on google doesn’t even link to my account, so I guess it is useless.

• Runty McTall says:

Hi Bugamn, will log in within the hour and send this across to you. Merry Christmas!

Edit – will help if I spell your name correctly! Very similar to a renowned dwarven brewer… :)

• Runty McTall says:

Should be on its way to you.

• Fenryk says:

If any of these are still available then a copy of Payday or Half Life 2 would be greatly appreciated and either would be fine. Both are games I’ve been meaning to play (That’s right I’ve never played Half Life…will be picking up the first in the next week whether it comes on sale or not!). My ID Is Fenryk.

Now with an absence of spare games on my Steam it’s time to find some other way of passing the Christmas spirit along.

• Runty McTall says:

In the absence of any other interest I may as well send you both. Think I need to befriend you on Steam to gift it so will send you a request in a bit.

• Runty McTall says:

Should be on their way.

• bill says:

If it’s still available, I’d love Cod4:MW. I’ve been meaning to try it for ages, but never been sure if i’d love it or hate it.
      name: s********.

BTW, I think there is a giving thread in the forums. Maybe I’ll see if there are any games I don’t need.

• Runty McTall says:

No problem, will send it across later.

Thanks for the tip on the sharing thread. I realise I’ve never actually been into the forums so will check that out.

• Runty McTall says:

Should be on its way to your inventory.

• bill says:

Thanks for that!
          I actually really appreciate it. Very christmassy of you.

If i can work out steam gifting I will try and pass the kindness on.

13. LordMidas says:

Love Puppygames. Met them at EGX13 and they was lovely lads.
    I’ve got all their games already (Ultratron is one of my fave games of the year), but I wants that source code!! Lovely bundle gift

princec says:

Dunno if we’ll make $150k in the end… bundle is slow shifting. Lots of “meh” and “crap bundle” and “worst bundle EVAR” and “what, pay $3 for Steam keys!? Are you mad?” comments abound on the internets.

• Shadowcat says:

No shortage of idiots on the internet; don’t let them get you down.

• Hmm-Hmm. says:

If it helps, there are people who bought the bundle just to support you guys. A fine christmas to ye merry gentlemen.

princec says:

And super-duper thanks to them! But I was really hoping to raise a six-figure sum for charity and it looks like that’s not going to happen now :(

14. TomxJ says:

Love Puppygames! Already have all these though, so i’ll just give an encouraging cheer!

15. Richeh says:

Puppygames are one of those companies who I really wish would get into the 3DS downloadable titles market. I’m pretty certain that they’d look amazing, fit brilliantly into the typical twenty minute “on the train” mobile gaming window and would sell well.

But small PC games development houses do tend to have a “screw you, I’m doing this because I only have my own standards” attitude, which I do admire. Developing for consoles does have a reputation for using the profession that they love to twist developers into shambling husks of men. Even the women.

• Darth Gangrel says:

The PC also has the advantage that no one owns it. Nintendo owns the 3DS hardware and determines what goes on there. They might even have some licencing fee for putting it on their platform or other hurdles.

princec says:

As it happens… we’ve just got Titan Attacks on to XBLIG or whatever it’s called now. Ultratron and Droid Assault to follow. And all the titles are going to Playstation in the spring next year (PS3, PS4, PSP and Vita). Be interesting to see how Revenge turns out when played with a PS controller mind :S

16. bill says:

I though Revenge of the Titans looked so lovely, but I found the gameplay to be rather dull. I’m not sure that’s their fault though, I think it’s just the genre.