It Started With A Kiss Cutscene: Our Favourite Game Intros

By Alec Meer on December 27th, 2013 at 2:00 pm.

like a pork sausage

Intros: such an important part of all the games which made us. First impressions count. First impressions can be indelible, even if what follows is eminently forgettable. Here, then, are just a few of the PC game introductions – be they CGI, FMV or in-game – which we just can’t seem to forget. What, delightful readers, are your favourites?

Be warned: all the videos follow. Your browser may have a little cry.

Fallout:

Prey:

Empire Earth:

Dungeon Keeper:

Half-Life:

And the worst…

Cool Spot!

I really fancy some 7-Up.

, .

Sponsored links by Taboola

GibletHead2000 says:

The intro to Hardwar was fun:

2. borosky says:

So much nostalgia! I see people referencing Lost Eden, Magic Carpet, Dune 1&2… tons of great intros and/or games (it sure is hard to remain objective when you have so many emotions tied with the games).

The list could contain 100s of titles… Some more memorable intros from my career as a gamer which seem to be not mentioned yet:
    * Wing Commander: Privateer
    * Indiana Jones and Fate of Atlantis
    * Deus Ex

But the ultimate intro for me will remain (and this is a PSX title, so my apologies as a hardcore PC gamer who never owned a console):
    * Soulblade – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yxrpyv8SNS4

Enjoy best intro ever!!!

3. lshyu799 says:

It is the most comfortable work Ive ever done. There’s nothing to lose and everything to gain here, including more time with your family and more money in your wallet. You can make up to 500$ a week. The potential with this is endless. Try here http://Buzz95.com

4. andrewrwilson says:

my buddy’s step-aunt makes $82/hour ℴn the internet. She has been fired from work for 6 months but last month her pay check was $13120 just working ℴn the internet for a few hours. lℴℴk at this web-site…..

5. Delicieuxz says:

I think that both the original C&C and Red Alert deserve to be cited for this.

6. kert says:

Okay,

Wing Commander: Privateer

FreeSpace 2 ( duh )

Master of Orion (original) .. 2 not so much

Also, not really an cutscene but, the way Civ 3 starts with Baba Yetu is awesome

7. Oktober Storm says:

Star Control 2 intro:

8. Dan Forever says:

Anyone else have fond memories of Hard War?

9. Stardreamer says:

Ascendancy.

That is all.

10. Dugular says:

Don’t know if it’s been said yet but…

Carmageddon.

The uncensored version at least (Didn’t see the zombie version intro).

Even today that intro stands on its own legs. Rather than a bunch of scenes of racing and killing, the entire intro was simply the cars revving up on the starting line. It builds up with a brilliant crescendo of car noises and got me extremely excited when I was young (and shouldn’t have been playing!). It was funny too.

11. RoselynJCombs says:

just before I looked at the bank draft that said $9470, I be certain that my friends brother was realey receiving money part-time on-line.. there great aunt started doing this 4 less than 21 months and resently cleared the morgage on there place and got Ford Focus.

view website … http://www.jobs59.com

12. tristanhanslow says:

my buddy’s step-aunt makes $82/hr on the computer. She has been out of work for 10 months but last month her paycheck was $18010 just working on the computer for a few hours. read this…http://www.dub30.com

13. viniciusfernandesbarros says: