Noir More Waiting: Jazzpunk Gets A Release Date

By Nathan Grayson on January 11th, 2014 at 1:00 pm.

And ten percent nothing else because I have nooooooooooooooo faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaccccccccccce

Last year, games like The Stanley Parable and Saints Row IV restored my faith in games’ ability to be truly, tear-blastingly funny. I still think we can take things further, though. Much further. Jazzpunk may well be a step (followed by a slapstick banana peel slip) in the right direction. While it’s littered with scraps of sharply written text, its main focus is on providing players with the tools to get a rise out of their own internal laughtracks. The world is basically a comedic powder keg just waiting to go off, and you, of course, are the match. I really enjoyed what I played of a demo version, and now the final version is set to come out next month.

Jazzpunk’s Steam listing tells the full tale. It’ll hit these mean, pizza-zombie-infested streets on February 7th. Oh, and in case you were worried, the goof-’em-up will, in fact, utilize “Stereographic Polygony Soundeo™, NOW IN COLOURVISON.” It’ll be available for Windows, Mac, Linux, and Suppository.

The game’s sense of humor is quite far removed from the 2013 megatons I mentioned above, but the demo I played delivered an equal number of laughs-per-millisecond. The net effect was that I spent the whole time making this continuous high-pitched sort of coughing noise. It was weird. But anyway.

I’m pretty thrilled that this one is finally right around the corner. How about you?

__________________

« | »

, , .

1. ZIGS says:

Looks great but I’m afraid this’ll be one of those too-short-for-their-own-good kind of games

• Sied1950 says:

my neighbor’s half-sister makes $71 an hour on the computer. She has been without work for 6 months but last month her check was $17442 just working on the computer for a few hours. pop over to this website,,,,,,

2. caff says:

I am looking forward to this. It looks pretty crazy, which is a good thing.

3. Gap Gen says:

Talking about banana peel slips, I loved the level in NOLF 2 where you have peels to evade police in India; I ended up more often than not slipping on my own peel in some highly inept police chase evasions.

• LionsPhil says:

Oh NOLF. Will we ever see your like again?

• Turkey says:

NOLF was like a perfect storm of the retro ’60s zeitgeist going on at the time and an inexperienced publisher with money to spend. Hell, the guy who was responsible on FOX’s side of the project pretty much pitched the whole ’60s thing to Monolith because he loved Emma Peel and the Avengers and all that stuff.

If we ever see anything like this again it will be in a barely interactive indie game that looks like it’s about ’60s spies, but it’s really about saving the soul of your grampa or something.

• Sleepymatt says:

Losing the original discs to NOLF and NOLF 2 was the biggest disaster of my PC-gaming history. Worse than the time I nearly accidentally started an intercontinental nuclear war….

• GallonOfAlan says:

Played them both again last year. NOLF 2 is still fun. The first has not aged well.

4. Turkey says:

I was kinda surprised to see a Thunder Birds parody trailer for a video game, but then I read “Adult Swim” and now it makes perfect sense.

5. Shooop says:

This is one of the few indie games I’m really, really looking forward to. It looks all the right kinds of crazy.

6. GameCat says:

I don’t know what it is, but I need this.

7. The Random One says:

Looking at that trailer I’m giving a 50/50 chance between “interesting and funny game about bizarre situations and enabling funny jokes to succeed” and “drab game about repeating memes endlessly that thinks it’s smarter because it’s using memes from as far back as the 50′s”.

8. scottrstrauss says:

my buddy’s step-aunt makes $82/hr on the computer. She has been out of work for 10 months but last month her paycheck was $18010 just working on the computer for a few hours. read this….

9. Waregs says:

my roomate’s mom makes $69 an hour on the internet. She has been fired for 7 months but last month her check was $20772 just working on the internet for a few hours. find more information,,,,,, http://www.Bay95.com

10. JMO Got Game says:

I want to buy this game even just to hear Jim Sterling in his voice acting debut!

11. LionsPhil says:

Ok…so what does this have to do with Thunderbirds?

12. libdab says: