Wolf It Down: Wolf Among Us Ep 2 Hits First Week Of Feb

By Graham Smith on January 15th, 2014 at 6:00 pm.

Cheer up, piggy. You'll be back soon.

The internet was ready to huff-and-puff and blow Telltale’s house down to find information on the next episode of their fable-inspired, Fables-derived adventure The Wolf Among Us. When a Reddit user created a popular thread to complain about the lack of information though, co-founder Kevin Bruner piped up with a rough release date. The second episode will hit during the first week of February.

Bruner was vague on the details of the what caused the delay, but is confident the same thing shouldn’t happen again during the rest of the ongoing series. He did mirror the noises of the Wolfamongous players though, by saying that they are “very concerned about the long delay for this episode.” So that’s nice.

Wolf Among Us – or Wolfamongous, as it must be pronounced every time you type or say the words aloud – is a Telltale point-and-click adventure game in the mould of The Walking Dead. That means it contains precious few puzzles and no real inventory noodling, but plenty of character drama and a touch of quick-time events. The first episode was perhaps most remarkable for its art style, which painted its fantasy-infused noir New York in warm purples. The story involves the player controlling a modern take on the Big Bad Wolf as he investigates the murders of some of his fellow folklore characters, running into Snow White, the Magic Mirror and Grendel along the way. It’s a bit like Mickey Spillane wrote a Disney film.

Adam liked it so much he wrote Wot He Thunk about it. Alec and I liked it so much we combined with Adam to form the Megazord of game criticism, and wrote an RPS Verdict of the first episode.

, , , , .

Sponsored links by Taboola
  1. tobecooper says:

Wouldn’t it be better to call it Point and Tap, taking into account that it plays better with a controller, and is slightly different from normal point and clicks?

We can call it Point’nTapX. Forever.

2. silentdan says:

TellTale really dropped the ball here. Thanks to the mountain of nondisclosure agreements they signed, they’re contractually prohibited from saying anything but when the anticipated release date is, and even then, there are limitations on when they can tell us. You just can’t do that with episodic games. It violates the trust that pre-purchasers have placed in the company.

I think it’s great that we’ve been told that Ep2 will arrive in the first week of February, but let’s remember that Ep1 game out on October 11th, and a four month interval is not what people expect from “episodic” games.

• AngusPrune says:

Heh. Tell that to Valve.

• Discopanda says:

And the developers of Kentucky Route Zero! Slow artsy buggers. IF THEY DON’T SHIP THE OTHER EPISODES SOON THEY’LL JUST SPOIL.

• silentdan says:

KR0 didn’t really grab me, and while I’ve thought about revisiting it and trying to pick up on what I’ve missed, I think I’ll just wait until it’s done, because yeah, it’s been much longer since the last KR0 episode than TWAU.

• silentdan says:

Yeah, but at least Valve managed to admit to themselves that episodes aren’t going to work. No such candor from TT yet.

3. Noviere says:

I do love their games, but going forward I’m not going to be buying their “seasons” on day 1 any more — I’ll wait until the whole thing is released. I think what annoyed me more than anything was when they announced in December that they’d be announcing more info about the release date sometime in early 2014.

• derbefrier says:

yup that’s how I do it. I waited until season 1 of walking dead was completed(and on sale) before I bought and it was excellent. Waited for a rainy weekend and indulged myself. I’ll do the same with all of their games. they don’t really have to be on sale tough.

• Severn2j says:

The other benefit to waiting of course, is that you’re save game doesn’t get wiped out when you install the next episode.. Thanks to that little gift from Ep5 of TWD, I’m waiting until the whole season is downloadable in one go before buying.