Live Spy: Jazzpunk Live Action Trailer

By Craig Pearson on January 27th, 2014 at 9:00 am.

I first encountered comedy spy ‘em up Jazzpunk at about 2am. I was on a merry jaunt through the IGF entries, and fell into it without knowing what I was about to encounter. I was spat out the other side, grinning and desperate to talk about it. I immediately informed John that he needed to play it and that I wanted to write about it, and he immediately retorted that Nathan had already covered it, and that I should read RPS more. He’ll do anything for clicks. Well now it’s my time to usurp that Nathan, who has the misfortune of being American and asleep. The trailer is below, and it is totally live-action.

It’s an okay trailer. I can’t really disagree with the preparations the chap has to go through play the game, though my briefcase contained a slot for a cat, not a pigeon, and I didn’t bleed out any orifice when I played it.

I’m really just posting it to remind you that the game is coming out next month, on February 7th. Having played the IGF build, I’m incredibly excited for all the people who’ll get to experience the gag sandbox that I played well past my official bed-time.

__________________

« | »

, , .

1. Ansob says:

This is the only time and place that quoting Keanu-Reeves-ruining-a-great-short-story is appropriate.

Also, now I’m actually interested in this, so good job, ad people!

• Geebs says:

Hey now, Gibson ruined his own script before Reeves got anywhere near it. That film is the only known example of dialogue which Keanu couldn’t make worse.

• Jackablade says:

I probably could have done without being reminded of its existence, really.

• LionsPhil says:

I…assume we’re not talking about the “whoa”?

Because the first Matrix film wasn’t that bad. Don’t let the inevitable crappy trilogy-stretch undermine that, or you may as well judge Deus Ex for Invisible War/Human Revolution (delete per distaste, and don’t feel the need to share, we’ve done that one to death).

• Sunjumper says:

I think they are talking about Johnny Mnemonic.

• tigerfort says:

There is no Johnny Mnemonic film; like Terminator 3, it was retroactively deleted from the universe at the last reboot. Any memories of it you may retain are faulty, and should be purged. It never happened.

• mr.black says:

Hmh, grownups…
            Well I liked it and it was fun and exciting nice romp for little 16.5 year old me!
            Also I still use the mind-raring (or zipping, or 7-zipping) movements when I want to quickly calibrate and focus my mind:
            Inhale and stretch your arms in front of you. Exhale, pushing the “data” away from you wirh your hands.
            Inhale and stretch your arms up, exhale and push the “data” up.
            Again with arms away from you.
            Stretch your arms in front again, but this time “rar” the “data” and have it confined between the hands.
            Exhale, push and snap the hands, thusly changing your neural pathways and connections and making more brain memory available.
            Love it!
            (also clapping the hands really does seem to work to focus me slightly when I’m teaching a class and need to be frosty all the time)

• Berzee says:

Hi, I’m Bud Puckett.

2. demicanadian says:

While I’m wainting for Jazzpunk, I’m afraid that this trailer is too good for this game. That it creates false promises and for it the game will end up like Dead Island…

3. Muzman says:

I…Johnny …Mnemonic…What?…

4. Ross Angus says:

What is the official RPS bedtime?

5. Kollega says:

As I watched the trailer, I had a nagging question of “where did a tiny indie studio get so much money to make such a live-action trailer with props and everything?”, but then I saw the Adult Swim logo at the end, and that explained it, more or less.

I think I’ll be buying the game when it comes out, or shortly therafter.

6. Pubjead1970 says:

my roomate’s mother-in-law makes $86 /hr on the internet . She has been out of work for five months but last month her check was $17550 just working on the internet for a few hours. check out the post right here,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, http://www.Bay95.com

7. SRTie4k says:

“I immediately informed John that he needed to play it and that I wanted to write about it, and he immediately retorted that Nathan had already covered it, and that I should read RPS more. He’ll do anything for clicks.”

Proof that John clickbaits.

8. The_Hunter says:

Jazzpunk REALLY knows how to pander to me…

It’s a bit scary actually.

9. The Random One says:

Warning. Warning. Three pop culture references have been made in this two-minute trailer. For your safety, cynicism levels have been set to maximum. Do not attempt to become excited.