Dying Light Trailer Is A Big Smelly Tease

By Craig Pearson on February 10th, 2014 at 2:00 pm.

It is also a paparazzi simulator
Did you know that the costumes the Alliance soldiers wear in the Firefly episode The Train Job were originally used in Starship Troopers? That sort of recycling happens all the time in movies and TV. I’m a person of limited imagination, so when I first spotted Techland’s Dying Light, it appeared to me that they had swathes of zombie material lying around from Dead Island and decided to reshape it into a game about free-running past the undead. I still kind of stand by that. Whatever its inception, the fleet-footed zombie dodger is coming out pretty soon, and there’s a wee teaser trailer for you below.

The trailer posits that something is happening on the February the 11th, and if you’re interested in the game then you should mark it on your calendar with a big, sloppy kiss. The cynic in me suggests it’s a more detailed trailer, but the excitable child in there–the one I let out when space games are mentioned–is pulling at my sleeve and mouthing the word “demo”. I don’t know, but I’d suggest that there’s already plenty of footage of the game out there, so teasing that there’s more to come would be a remarkably dim thing to do. And it’s supposedly out in March, which means Feb is the perfect time for a demo release.

Wow. That was more text than game.

, , , .

Sponsored links by Taboola

Top comments

1. LunyAlex says:

Demo? What is this "Demo" you speak of? A fully functional fragment of the game available for free you say? But won't that make companies that sell 3 weapons worth of DLC for 2 bucks look bad?

No no, this sounds like a bad idea.

Maybe a paid trailer. Hm. That might be more in line with the industry's needs. Yes. I can see that working quite nicely.

Also, it would appear that this teaser is hinting at the reveal of a blade sharpening mechanic within the game.
  1. Didden says:

I am truly prepared for a longer trailer.

• wcaypahwat says:

My god… the bots starting to one-up eachother!

• Unclepauly says:

Ya it’s slightly comical but getting out of hand. Who will rise against the tide and deliver us from this relentless foe?

2. LunyAlex says:

Demo? What is this “Demo” you speak of? A fully functional fragment of the game available for free you say? But won’t that make companies that sell 3 weapons worth of DLC for 2 bucks look bad?

No no, this sounds like a bad idea.

Maybe a paid trailer. Hm. That might be more in line with the industry’s needs. Yes. I can see that working quite nicely.

• lautalocos says:

paid trailer with DLC, so that we can see extra scenes, such as the one with the release date, one with the intro, and one with the game logo

Klydefrog says:

Perhaps we can even pay to add piano music and slow motion to the trailer to make it win awards.

• Tacroy says:

To be fair, that was a great trailer for a game they had no intention of making.

3. skyturnedred says:

They will reveal pre-order bonuses, possibly more bikini torsos and such.

4. staberas says:

oh Craig stop being such a “racist” by saying all zombies look alike :P . The zombies in dying light are nothing like the zombies in dead island and in that note they definitely didnt reused the weapons or other asset …

5. SenaCScott says:

my co-worker’s step-mother makes $69 an hour on the computer . She has been laid off for nine months but last month her paycheck was $14630 just working on the computer for a few hours.
    have a peek at this website,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, http://www.Fizzjob.com

6. DrManhatten says:

Wow that is actually some really cool fun-fact. Nope I didn’t know that they used the same uniforms guess I have to watch Starship troopers and Firefly again it has been such a long time!

• Arglebargle says:

Some clever person in Hollywood has the Starship Troopers armor, and rents it out to productions that don’t want the expense of fabricating something like it themselves. As such it’s close to becoming the defacto ‘Standard Soldier Armor’ for film/video productions. It’s used in a bunch of films with various different paint jobs.

7. Shooop says:

Why even bother with this piece of garbage? It’s Dead Island 3: We Make The Zombies Stronger At Night.

There isn’t a single innovative or interesting idea to be found anywhere in this game.

8. goettel says:

Looks lineair as fuck, just like Dead Island turned out to be.

Just fill up an open world, GTA style, with the undead. Add some survivors, NPC and PC, and let them duke it out for that last bottle of cold beer. We will come, without a need for shit voice-acting and amateur ‘writing’.

9. Neurotic says:

Huh. I guess I won’t be working on that one after all.