IndieGala Interstellar Bundle Contains Some Stars

By John Walker on February 10th, 2014 at 7:00 pm.

Indie Gala’s latest bundle looks a rather nice one. The IndieGala Intersellar packs in Cubicity, Interstellar Marines and Rush Bros. all for a buck, and then Beast Boxing Turbo, Sang-Froid: Tales Of Werewolves, Interstellar Marines’ Spearhead Edition, and PixelJunk Shooter for $6. Or more, of course. And they’ve just added in another game (although the website doesn’t acknowledge it yet), Finding Teddy.

I have to admit, as Everything That Is Wrong With The Games Industry, I hadn’t even realised Finding Teddy was out yet – it came out in December. PixelJunk Shooter, Beast Boxing Turbo and Cubicity have only been out since November. And Interstellar Marines is still in Early Access. This is a pretty smack-up-to-date way to pick up a bundle of indies at a really very low price.

Like Humble, IndieGala lets you split the money as you wish, with charity Able Gamers benefiting from purchases, as well as an unannounced project called Gala Project X, a videogame they’ve yet to reveal. And you can redeem almost all of them on Steam – Cubicity is currently stuck in Greenlight, but on Desura.

, , , , , , .

Sponsored links by Taboola

Colonel J says:

This one is worth having just for Sang-Froid. Great game.

And winner of: Best Beards in a PC Game, 2013.

Martel says:

I got that game strictly for the beards and was not disappointed in the game itself, well worth getting the bundle for.

• serioussgtstu says:

It also won a Grammy for best Werewolf hunting music in a third person tower defence game.

Gap Gen says:

Ha, no idea they wrote a tune for it, thanks for the link. Also if the game has Quebecois accents I’m double-buying it.

EDIT: Of course it does: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwKe4X512FI

EDIT: And this is the full soundtrack listing: http://steamcommunity.com/app/227220/discussions/0/846945955412539900/ (saw Le Vent du Nord last week, a lot of fun)

• serioussgtstu says:

Wow. Le Vent du Nord are good, I may have to go see them if they stop by in Ireland.

What genre is this by the way, French-Canadian folk? It reminds me a lot of Irish trad, except y’know not embarrassing to listen to.

Edit: the closest Le Vent du Nord gig I can find is at a Guinness Irish Festival in Switzerland. I give up.

Gap Gen says:

Yeah, Irish folk is great but there’s a lot of it (and a lot of bad Irish music, too). I play a lot of Irish music, but mainly because I can’t find many sessions in other styles. I kinda miss English folk sessions, which tend to be a mixture of anything from Europe or North America as well as English tunes. And yeah, this is the problem with bands from other countries; they don’t tend to tour too widely outside of that. Not many English bands that play in France, and vice versa, for example. Occasionally you have international folk festivals in the summer; Le Vent du Nord played at Sidmouth last year, and Cambridge tends to be pretty big, though if you want to listen to a certain style of folk (Irish, English, Scottish, French, whatever) you’re probably best off going to that country. French/Breton is fun, because it’s quite rare to find a concert without people dancing.

Lord Custard Smingleigh says:

I endorse this statement.

2. aliksy says:

Rush Bros. looks mildly interesting, but apparently uses GFWL. Ick.
    Initial activation requires internet connection; Online play requires log-in to Games for Windows – LIVE; software installations required including Sony DADC SecuROM, Games for Windows – LIVE. Broadband internet connection required for online play (512kbps+ recommended).

• kalirion says:

Where do you see that?

Edit: Ah, on IndieGala page. I think that’s a mistake – I launched the game just to idle it for cards and it never said anything about GFWL. But then I never tried to start a multiplayer game, only did the tutorial.

Usually for GFWL games, the steam discussions are full of threads about it, but there’s nothing there I can see.

3. ZIGS says:

Ah, Interstellar Marines. This game’ll be the new Duke Nukem Forever, mark my words!

• kalirion says:

You think it’ll be in development for 12 years?

Thurgret says:

I thought all they had was a tech demo with no game to play whatsoever? And it’s in this bundle? Or am I missing something?

• dE says:

They’ve got their tech demos and also working multiplayer Deathmatch. But yeah, that’s about it.
        Oh and their fans are raging like hell over this bundle, because of the inclusion of the higher tier edition for much less.

Thurgret says:

Good grief. I supported their game a while ago, in good faith, albeit spending a fairly small sum of money (less than €10, as I recall), and all the while being a bad consumer — I didn’t do an awful lot of research. I’m not so enthused about it that I bother to follow it – I just assumed it would be finished one day and I’d have a game to play. But pulling this looks really naff.

It looks like 2013 was just a year of really, really stupid purchases for me (Company of Heroes 2, Rome 2, X-Rebirth, to name a few others) because I opted to believe that people are basically decent, honest sorts. Ugh.

• Shuck says:

They’re trying to crowd-fund a AAA game. Only Star Citizen has remotely managed to do that. Alas, the limits and perils of crowd funding.

• bill says:

It was a post about this on RPS that actually got me reading RPS abotu 6 years ago, as I hadn’t seen it covered on any other sites and it looked interesting.

But it has looked more and more dodgy over time. They keep selling very overpriced opportunities to fund it, but don’t seem to be making much progress. (despite all the various tech demos).

Then again, if it is “early access”, does that mean there is actually a playable version of the real game now?

• jacobvandy says:

Only the multiplayer deathmatch works right now, and it’s very limited. Hardly anyone playing so there’s not really any point to it. I pre-ordered Spearhead 3-4 years ago, and am pretty disappointed that they’ve had to resort to selling E.A. to a feature that was never a part of their epic pitch for a super-immersive, co-op Half-Life in space with RPG elements. They’re expected to continuously update that now because it’s doing decently well, but there’s no sign of any campaign portion any time soon.

4. Awesumo says:

Game not released yet – already in $1 packs….

• SominiTheCommenter says:

Better yet: Beat the Average nets you the Special Edition of an unfinished game that you get anyway.

• Aaarrrggghhh says:

Well, depends on if the game is actually ever released ;)

• Baines says:

The Gamasutra post still seems to be somewhat blind to why people became upset.

I honestly cannot see how they expected no one would be bothered by the bundle, even if it was for charity. There are people who bought into the project many years ago, the game normally sells for a much higher price, 9(?!) years later it is still unfinished, and they went ahead and put it in a $1 bundle with several other games?

• Shuck says:

The Steam winter sale was almost that bad – games still in Early Access that had been available long enough that they were not only on sale (again), but deeply discounted. The lifecycle of an indie game has become something of a mess.

5. lomaxgnome says:

Buying the $6 level actually gets you three copies of Interstellar Marines, as the Spearhead edition comes with a free copy on Steam and the $1 level key can be used separately (just don’t activate it before the Spearhead or it will be wasted).

6. DrManhatten says:

Only one problem 75% of the games in that bundle are shyte. Interstellar marines? You gotta be joking!

7. Scumbag says:

Is there any way to customize how much each dev gets individually? Pixel Junk and Sang-Froid look cool, but I don’t want to ever have anything to do with unfinished marines or fund it.

• melvar says:

Devs always say they don’t make anything off of these bundles and they just do it for charity, so I gave all my cash to the charity that duct tapes gamepads to cripples.

• LordDamien says:

Thank you, now I feel bad for laughing at your comment..

8. Cloneintle says:

my best friend’s step-sister makes $70 /hr on the internet . She has been without work for 6 months but last month her payment was $15808 just working on the internet for a few hours. website link,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, http://www.Bay95.com