Rush For Glory Offers Traditional Tower Defending

By John Walker on February 10th, 2014 at 12:00 pm.

I’ve got a new twist on the tower defence genre. You don’t have a thing you’re defending, and there are no attacking waves against whom you must set traps and turrets, and there are no towers, and it’s a third-person action game because those are fun and the PC is woefully lacking in them. Rush For Glory, meanwhile, is a tower defence game.

Actually, I think what I like most about this announcement from Immanitas is that it’s a new tower defence game that doesn’t use the words “a new twist on” anywhere in its announcement. Take a look at the trailer:

This is by Russian indie studio Parseh Game Studio (who, er, don’t seem quite finished setting up their WordPress site), and it plays it straight. In 3D, but you’re defending a base from alien invasions, over a ten-part campaign with 30 enemy types. It’s planning to be released via various online stores, and is aiming for Steam with its ongoing Greenlight.

In other news, how can there not have been a game called Rush For Glory before?

, , , , .

RedViv says:

Rush for glory heeding the call of duty to earn some medals of honour!

(That art design is dangerously close to making the Great Old Games Workshop Lawyers tremble in their sleep.)

Anthile says:

Woah, I just noticed you have a new avatar. You’ve changed, man.

Lord Custard Smingleigh says:

Don’t call RedViv “man”! I mean, look at those. You ever seen a man with those? I mean, yes, I suppose men technically have them, but hers are a fine, unmistakably womanly pair. Those shoes are really something.

Gap Gen says:

I think they did make a game Rush for Glory before about Canadian rock.

• Corb says:

I think the word “Tremble” isn’t as accurate as “lunge at a new pot of gold through a quest of legal battle”, or “trembling with anticipation of the legal battle circle jerk about to take place in court”.

Anthile says:

It looks like a Dawn of War mod. Suspiciously so.

Thurgret says:

Well, it’s not quite clear what some of the blurry-looking ones are meant to be. Then there’s one chap that looks rather like a Space Marine with a jetpack and some sort of Chaos colour scheme going on, then a flying machine that looks rather like a Valkyrie with some minor tweaks, and then that Librarian-like sort.

3. Aaarrrggghhh says:

That’s the weirdest Warhammer and Mechwarrior mash-up I have ever seen ^^

Gap Gen says:

I’m looking forward to their next game, Lorem Ipsum.

5. bill says:

who, er, don’t seem quite finished setting up their WordPress site

Kind of like RPS then. Boom boom!

6. Puppet says:

Those are some pretty sick looking Space Marin… AHEM I mean incredibly original “aliens”

Napalm Sushi says:

Was… was that a parody?

8. Kollega says:

I have a question to John: when you said “good third-person action games”, what exactly did you mean? That description can cover, to name just three examples, Ratchet & Clank (a cartoony third-person puzzle-platforming-shooter), Gears of War (a macho-marine third-person cover shooter), and Saints Row (an outrageous third-person open-world game, the newer parts of which ARE actually available on PC to boot). I agree that PC could have more of the first two kinds, though, so long as they’re good.

9. SenaCScott says:

my co-worker’s step-mother makes $69 an hour on the computer . She has been laid off for nine months but last month her paycheck was $14630 just working on the computer for a few hours.
    have a peek at this website,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, http://www.Fizzjob.com

10. Sacarathe says:

I’m not sure how much fun fighting 30 enemies could be, most modern tower defense games allow you to fight hundreds at once.

Think i’ll pass on this one just because. WH40k.