Galactic Princess, Ultimate General, 48 More Greenlit

By Nathan Grayson on February 20th, 2014 at 3:00 pm.

WHAT IN GOD'S NAME ARE YOU DOING, MAN? YOU JUST SHOT THE SPACE CEILING.

The infernal Greenlight machine rolls on, devastating the environment and breaking hearts without missing a beat. It doesn’t care what gets in its way. It knows only one pursuit: middling-to-popular indie games. Its main fuel source? People. Well, their votes, anyway. And also some arcane fusion of press reviews, crowdfunding successes, sales on other platforms, angel dust, kitten tears, and a signed copy of The Who’s greatest hits album. But hey, I can’t fault the system’s invisible, probably mutant hand for selecting the likes of Galactic Princess, Ultimate General: Gettysburg, Hover: Revolt of Gamer, and Woolfe: The Red Hood Diaries. The full 50-strong batch is below.

3… 2… 1… GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMES:

• Adventurer Manager – [VA]StrikeS
  • Aperture Tag: The Paint Gun Testing Initiative – Motanum
  • ARC Squadron – BurstableDave
  • Battlepillars – Jonathan Peppers (Hitcents)
  • BeamNG.drive – BeamNG
  • Blockade Runner – Alpha
  • BloodLust : Shadowhunter – WRF Studios
  • Cinders – MoaCube
  • Circuits – Tentacle.
  • Colossal Kaiju Combat (Kaijuland Battles) – Sunstone Games, LLC.
  • Crea – Siege Games
  • Ultimate General: Gettysburg – Game-Labs
  • Ultionus: A Tale of Petty Revenge – DarkFalzX
  • Uprising44: The Silent Shadows – m.dziwniel
  • Warring States Tactics – Kaelic
  • A Wizard’s Lizard – Lost Decade Games
  • Woolfe: The Red Hood Diaries – Wim Wouters

That is a list, sure as shoot. I’m from Texas, so I’m allowed to say things like, “sure as shoot.” Anyway, this batch is once again a soup of blah, bleh, and bl– hurrah! In addition to Galactic Princess and Ultimate General, standouts include hyper-customizable mech sim M.A.V., cel-shaded stealther Path of Shadows, low fantasy MMO Gloria Victis, and crashy crash driving game BeamNG.drive.

So, who’s pleased with these additions? And, more importantly because the Internet is for complaining, what did Valve miss this time around?

, , , , , .

golem09 says:

Damn, still no Fancy Skull.

2. derbefrier says:

I also saw drox operative finally made It to steam.

LegendaryTeeth says:

And it’s on saaaaaaale!

• qrter says:

Yup, and if you already own the game, mail Soldak your receipt and you’ll get a lovely Steam key.

Lord Custard Smingleigh says:

Despite the hammering their Support drone(s) must be experiencing, I got a Steam key within 6 hours of asking nicely and giving my name, date of purchase, and email address of purchase. They are lovely.

Of course, this could be because they fear I shall unite the Sector against them and see their homeworlds burnt to ashes if they anger me.

• derbefrier says:

yup i sent them an email last night and had my steam key waiting for me when i woke up.

• The Ultimate Clone of The Ultimate Warrior says:

Unfortunately you can’t store an armada of doom in your pocket anymore. What’s the world come to that good and honourable men like Our Man Custard has to scrounge for an armada of his own.

• Reginald XVII Archduke of Butts says:

Yup, hell finally froze over. And the weird thing is I didn’t even see it in a greenlight announcement or anything. It just shows up, like Tommy Wiseau and is all “Oh hi! I’m 50% off”.

Steam is weird sometimes.

• MadTinkerer says:

It’s possible that Valve saw them on Greenlight, said “hey, forget Greenlight, we’ll just fit you into the schedule” and so they got their own slot in-between Greenlight announcements.

(Also I bought the game, played it for an hour, and while I do think it’s good, I think it needs a better tutorial. Like: how to find quest objectives instead of flying off and trying to find the objective and getting a pop-up telling you that you failed the quest with no explanation.)

3. P.Funk says:

Ultimate General ftw.

4. Maxheadroom says:

Looking forward to the inevitable scathing You Tube reviews of the proper turkeys. More entertainment in them than the games themselves

5. Artist says:

Wow, Blockade Runner was greenlit? Why?
    The Blockade Runner concept is definatly way too much for the coders to chew! That group of skill-less coders havent released anything for ages and have to constantly redo their engine, because they are somehow incapable to do any proper project planning!
    I gave up to believe that they will get anywhere with their “hobby project!” Just ridiculous.

• KDR_11k says:

Starmade seems to be the big game in that type now. I’m personally hoping for Avarice since that seems to be the one with the most actual gameplay in it but it’s not greenlit yet. Coniclysm was completely insane so I think I trust the dev.

• Artist says:

Im on the same page. And somehow I doubt that Space Engineers can bring their massive collisions up to speed so it will be playable. Especially regarding the track record of that comany…..

6. kevmscotland says:

Not that there isn’t always room for competition, but I think Beam NG’s thunder has been stolen somewhat by a actual playable game in the form of Next Car Game.
    Nice to see it get Green Lit though.

7. Ando0 says:

really happy about starcrawlers to be greenlit. grimrock-like dungeon-crawling, strategic turn-based fighting system, narrative story with ftl-like randomization based on past decisions in a dystopian sci fi setting, music by the composer of ftl… yea i sound kinda fanboy-ish but i really like what i see so far ^^

8. KDR_11k says:

Finally some Creeper World on Steam! Also MAV, people always go “we need a new Chromehounds”, well, here it is!

bills6693 says:

Yeah, saw creeper world ad had to check it was the same thing I thought it was!

9. Frank says:

Just came across TRI this morning. Very cool stuff.

Wisq says:

If experience is anything to go by, I imagine we’ll hear more complaints about unliked games that got let through, rather than good games that didn’t.

It’s odd and counterintuitive, but people actually seem to get more upset when you like a game they don’t like, than if you don’t like a game that they like. I guess maybe the former evokes jealousy and the latter evokes smugness? Who knows.

11. Scumbag says:

I’ve been noticing a number of games vanishing from Steam of late. It makes me wonder if and when the rather scrutinized Greenlit games will vanish.

bills6693 says:

Ghost Control Inc. made it on :) after the successful kickstarter and quick releases, glad its on steam too. Surprised its not already been mentioned :P

13. LordDamien says:

What?? I’m disrupted that Disrupted isn’t greenlit.. Where is the love, old Uplink gamers?