Attention, London: RPS Social Club This Weekend

By Adam Smith on February 21st, 2014 at 2:00 pm.

The monthly meeting of the London branch of the RPS Social Club is set to take place this Saturday at The Blue Posts, a convival spot suitable for games of card, board and dice, the meeting of good spirits, and the imbibing of good spirits (also beers, cider, soft drinks and tea). If you’d like to discuss your fashionably timed arrival with other members of the RPS community, this particular forum thread is the best place to discuss such things. I see that somebody is planning to take Cosmic Encounter along, which is a fine treat, but I would suggest that at least one person take a set of Tiddlywinks and a 14th Century Halatafl set. More Social Club news below.

Since the London folks are so very well organised (they probably have a newsletter and everything), it makes sense to post about their meet-ups on a monthly basis. But if anyone else would like to arrange a meeting, in whatever part of the world they might be, I’m more than happy to include details here next month. It’d be great to have a monthly round-up of places that people can meet with fellow RPS readers for gaming, good times and maybe more*.

If you’d like to discover other readers in your area, drop into the forum thread mentioned earlier and/or email me with relevant details. Next month, or the month after, let’s see if we can squeeze more cities into this post.

*RPS Social Club is not an online dating venture, should not be treated as an online dating venture and if it is utilised as an online dating venture, subscription fees should be forwarded to Castle RPS, Perfunctory Avenue, Kerfuffleshire.

__________________

« | »

, .

1. james___uk says:

A meeting, in RL, with figures synonomous with the darkest urges of instinct, ignorance and decay. Let me remind all readers of the dangers of magical thinking-
    nah just kidding that sounds great

• AmaliaCLilley says:

my co-worker’s sister-in-law makes $84 hourly on the computer . She has been without a job for 6 months but last month her paycheck was $16898 just working on the computer for a few hours. visit here

===========================>>>> http://WWW.MAC30.COM

2. Bishop says:

Does the pub have power sockets and are indie devs welcome? I’ve nearly finished the single player on Trash TV and need some people to play through it or the co-op.

• Adam Smith says:

Indie devs would be welcome for sure – not sure about sockets. I’ll try to find out and report back. Try asking in the forum thread as well.

3. Quasar says:

Alas, I am in a city far, far away. Do go if you can though, there are some lovely folk in those parts. The last time I went, somebody introduced me to The Resistance, which made the entire trip totally worthwhile by itself.

4. Lone Gunman says:

If only I lived near London and wasn’t a social introvert.

5. MelonieJMcKinney says:

my buddy’s mom makes $74 hourly on the computer . She has been out of work for 9 months but last month her payment was $19442 just working on the computer for a few hours. view it now ,,,,,,,,,,http://www.Fizzjob.com

6. Lambchops says:

I’ve currently found myself in the Midlands so scooting to London is just that little bit further.

I would definitely be up for meeting some RPS folks from that neck of the woods, but only if someone else organizes it (I’m nowhere near pro active enough for organising such things!),

• Lambchops says:

When I say “found myself” I don’t mean I’ve had some sort of spiritual awakening, not yet anyway!