Planetside 2 Call To Arms: And We’re Back

By Jim Rossignol on March 4th, 2014 at 6:30 pm.

Back, Back! BACK! With a call to arms on Sunday night. Yes, this Sunday night, the 9th of March. Never played Planetside 2? Join us! And if you have played before, dust off your battle trousers and come help organise the masses. The game is free, so that’s a good thing, but it’s also full of lovely friendly people, many of whom inhabit our own Planetside 2 forum. There’s a tonne of information over there, and plenty of help community links to get you on your way to a voice-enabled game of soldiers.

As for the CTA itself, we’ll have more details later in the week. Just make sure you can be around!

, .

Sponsored links by Taboola

Thurgret says:

Purple spandex not optional.

I should play some Planetside again. It’s been a while.

2. Chubzdoomer says:

There’s no better time to get (back) into PlanetSide 2 than now. The game plays and performs better than ever, so even if you tried it once before and didn’t care much for it, I’d still highly recommend giving it one more shot!

3. lunarplasma says:

Oh! Well, that was unexpected.

Do come join the Purple Giraffes though! We’re always happy to have new souls to throw into the fray, so long as they follow the cardinal rule of Be Excellent to Each Other.

Or join the Traitors in Bleu! You will find some truly excellent fellows in Rock Traitor Shotgun too.

4. HugobertingtonEsq says:

If only I captained a truly mighty Battlestation
    And not this fledgling little leaky tub…

5. eleclipse says:

The zerg experience!

6. Conehead The Barbarian says:

Shame that I play as Terran Republic on miller, I’ll have to use my piss poor Vanu guy :(

7. squareking says:

March 9? But that’s the debut of Cosmos!

8. Ramshackle Thoughts says:

Exciting times ahead! It’s been nearly a year since my last Call to Arms.
    Super looking forward to more on Sunday!

9. The Random One says:

Planetside 2 has changed and I’m on vacation. Looks like it’s time to head back.

10. CMaster says:

Videograms of previous Call To Arms:

11. jaguar skills says:

I’ll be trying to make it to this one, I missed out last time.

Also, for anyone on the fence about playing, I don’t play as much as I used to but I’ve always had a fascination with the concept to the point where I still make endless videos about it. When the new Amerish went live recently I did what I feel is one of my best after over a year of practice. Hopefully it conveys what I find special about the game enough for you to come join us.

If that’s a little bit too worthy, then here’s another one about the RPS team making aircraft mate and teabagging people.

12. Duke of Chutney says:

Awesome, And we will be there to stop/hunt/aid them depending on the whims of our insane Irish leadership and central European despot staff. – RTRS

13. Raztaman says:

Ah awesome, I’ve actually not played with the RPS guys before but I’ve gotten pretty daymn experienced in the last few months, will be nice to see how the teamplay is :D

Here’s hoping the NC aren’t at their peak masses on Sunday….

• EsotericReverie says:

Hehe, well, we shall see about NC numbers…

You should be aware that the Call to Arms events don’t really lend themselves to perfect teamplay; logistics with getting pklayers into squads and into the game, lots of new and less experienced players and possibly some less experienced squad leaders too. That said, we do have plans for how to handle the influx, and we’ve pulled it off rather successfully several times before. Teamplay will likely be better than in most random public squad play, just don’t expect us to be at our very best this Sunday… : )

Rizlar says:

Accidently replied to this comment, but what the hell…

This sunday should be a lot of fun. Come join us! The more new (/new to RPS/old and returning) players the better!

14. TWChristine says:

Blast! These always end up getting scheduled on my D&D Sundays! Oh well, I’ll just continue with my randomly popping in through the week..

15. huldu says:

I wouldn’t play planetside 2 even if it was free! Oh yes, it is free and I wouldn’t touch it. Seriously tho, I did play this a while back and they really ruined what made planetside 1 so awesome. It was a shame, I blame a lot of it on the f2p aspect of it. Would have been a way better game without it, but of course, a lot less people playing it but at least you’d know that those that played were serious gamers. I can manage without feeps.

• EsotericReverie says:

What was the problem you had with the game? And also, when did you last play and with what group? Your experience will vary a lot depending on when and with whom (and on what server) you play the game…

16. Noburu says:

i rarely play games on my (beasty) desktop anymore due to RL and I mostly play on my “gaming” laptop. What effect have their recent supposed optimizations made? The game was barely playable on my laptop before as long as i wasnt in a huge firefight.

• EsotericReverie says:

Well, it certainly is a lot better these days, but it’s still pretty resource intensive, what with all the people running about all over the place. What kind of hardware does your “gaming” laptop sport?

17. Rossi says:

Do you know what? I actually might just join you guys. I haven’t played PS2 for ages.

18. Armante says:

Dirty Vanu.. TR forever!

Times likes this makes me wish I had a Vanu character tho. Sounds like it would be fun to roll with some RPS’ers. And oh yeah, and that didn’t live all the way on the other side of the planet.

stoopiduk says:

I joined RPS during a Call to Arms last year, and have played on and off since, pulled back by what is the best community I’ve come across in gaming. The atmosphere in-game from these gals and guys is great, I recommend giving it a shot. You might even find yourself in a pub in Manchester with other outfit members a few months later playing board games and swapping war stories, like I did.

Look forward to showing a few new players the ropes. Planetside 2 has changed a great deal, but RPS remains a friendly and inviting outfit, with plenty of time to educate new players.

• natendi says:

Hopefully I’ll be giving Planetside 2 a bash this weekend, never played but seems like it a lot of fun! Any tips?

• Cei says:

Tips?
        Follow orders of your squad leader, as they’ll know what is going on more than you will – but ask questions about everything! Have fun, shoot people (but not purple dudes, or giraffes) and don’t worry about kdr ratios. Planetside is about the overall success of a race, not your individual score. After that, keep playing with RPS and enjoy our awesomeness.

• Cei says:

CYLONS FOREVERRRRRR

20. Ralphomon says:

I’ve been meaning to get back into PS2 as I have a weird craving for sci-fi FPS (considering I never usually play FPSes). I’m looking forward to this!

21. Roobarb says:

See you on the battlefield, Barney old friend. ;)