Dark Souls II PC Dated For April, Promises Better Textures

By Nathan Grayson on March 7th, 2014 at 11:00 am.

Look at the textures. LOOK AT THEM.

Dark Souls II is driving its brutally tough nails into the hands of consolekin next week, but what about the One True Platform that birthed the very notion of difficulty, games, and, indeed, souls? PC gamers, it turns out, are facing the sternest test of all: a wait. Our version won’t release until late April, but we do get some added perks this time around (instead of, you know, one of the most lackluster ports in recent memory). It’s not much, but better textures and an improved frame rate will be much appreciated, methinks. New trailer below.

The Steam version is narrowly roll-dodging away from next week’s console launch… and right off a cliff down to April 25th. Here’s what we’re getting for our troubles:

“Dark Souls II’s PC & STEAM version will benefit from PC capabilities with increased texture resolution and an enhanced frame rate option. On top of that, FromSoftware have been working to perfectly adapt the game for a mouse & keyboard combo.”

So the very, very basics in other words, but I won’t say “no” to PC-exclusive features. Will they be worth an almost questionably lengthy wait? Time will tell.

Really though, the bigger question is whether Dark Souls II will end up being spoken of in the same hushed, fearful tones as its predecessor, and the jury’s still very much out on that one. I would like to hope so, but The Experts are saying it’s ever-so-slightly different in a ways that may or may not be worse. We’ll see.

For now, there’s a new PC gallery over on Dark Souls II’s Facebook page. Have a look-see, IF YOU DARE.

__________________

« | »

, , , .

1. SkittleDiddler says:

I’m glad to read they’re at least making some effort this time around. Dark Souls on PC is one ugly game.

• unangbangkay says:

And the funny part is that attempts to make it look better risk breaking it. From Software must have had a really weird engine for it to react that way.

It (and a catastrophic hardware failure + fears of rampant hacking) are what keep me Souls’ing on the PS3 for now.

• SkittleDiddler says:

Have you tried Dark Souls MP on the PC by chance? Cheating is completely out of control there from what I’ve heard. Hopefully DSII will have some kind of anticheat sofware.

• unangbangkay says:

The cheating is exactly why I said in the comment that I haven’t tried Dark Souls MP on the PC. That and my PC dying and me building a new one. I’ll give it a look if I ever get around to installing the DSfix resolution upgrade (as I understand it unlocking the framerate messes with the gameplay), but PS3 is my primary platform for now.

This isn’t to say the consoles are immune to hacking, but it’s at least less common, and with a larger overall playerbase I’m less likely to encounter the console players that do hack.

• SkittleDiddler says:

Ah, sorry. Misread you there. I should go to bed already.

• Bury The Hammer says:

It looks pretty bland without the resolution fix, but with, it feels a lot more like a current gen game. Not that it matters a whole jot, the real meat is the gameplay, but it does add a much needed sheen to the armour and such. I didn’t have a lot of problems installing it, it’s essentially “dump it in this folder, maybe edit something in notepad”.

GFWL though, now let’s not go there..

• Orija says:

In my 540 hours of gameplay I’ve encountered a cheater exactly once.

• DrScuttles says:

Yeah, never encountered a cheater. Apparently they hang around in the Burg and that’s where you get people just being dicks anyway so I tend to remain hollow there. Had just about every kind of online encounter bar cheaters.

• derbefrier says:

Yeah I have around. 200 hours and can only think of one or two instances where its possible they guy might have been a cheater. Most of the time its just twinked out characters made for slaying noobs in early parts of the game.

• dE says:

They really frequent the Burg and the Parish. Every time I’ve been invaded there and checked their profile, it always had 99 in everything. That goes for the console versions too by the way.
            However I think Twinks are actually the reason the impression of cheating persists into the later game. People strutting into your game with equipment upgraded to the limit may very well appear invincible if all you swing is a Drake Sword.

• apocraphyn says:

Aye, from the handful of invaders that I faced on the PC version, I met no hackers – I mean, if they were hackers, they were doing a pretty bad job of it.

• aliksy says:

I’ve encountered a lot of people cheating when invading. Most of them probably rationalize that they don’t want to be invaded but they don’t want to play offline, so god mode is A-OK. Fuck them.

The best was re-invading a guy who had taunted me with ‘praise the sun’ with an invuln cheat on, and murdering him before he could re-enable his cheats.

• madarapwn says:

There are so many cheaters in game, ive heard they are getting cheats from here: http://gamehostia.com/pc-dark_souls_ii_cheats_2014_add_souls_humanity/
            If game could be patched or something, maybe that would help.

• Ansob says:

You’d have to be really bad at reading instructions and go randomly edit .ini files to put random values in random settings for DSfix to break Dark Souls. The only thing that actually has a chance of breaking anything is the framerate unlocker (because the game is supposed to have a fixed framerate, fall speed is actually based on framerate, so setting it higher than 30 means your jump distance is reduced and you run the risk of just dropping through the floor when sliding down certain ladders – this type of tying-stuff-to-framerate is unfortunately somewhat common). You can still set the framerate unlocker to 30 (this is in fact recommended, as it means the game won’t automatically drop you offline if it detects slowdowns).

The really weird thing about Dark Souls is that the game (DSfix notwithstanding, obviously) is locked at an absolutely horrid 720p, but the texture quality is much higher that what you would be able to appreciate on 720p/upscaled 720p. Basically, it has HD-ish textures that you can only appreciate if you use DSfix to change the internal render resolution to something that doesn’t make the game look like it’s smeared in vaseline if you run it at any resolution above 1280*720.

• Abndn says:

Or you could get unlucky like me and have the whole entire game refuse to start no matter what settings (dsfix versions, no dsfix, clean reinstalls, gfwl cleanups) you ran. It worked on my laptop, it works on my new desktop, but on my old desktop it suddenly decided never to start again (after 100 or so hours played) for no apparent reason. I think it was GFWL-related.

• Horg says:

Try making an offline GFWL profile on that computer. Most GFWL games will allow a local profile and that usually bypasses the GFWL related bullshit.

• Cirerus says:

Do you use a wireless Xbox 360 controller? The game for me refuses to start if I have it powered on but after the firt loading with that flame symbol you can press the xbox logo without any problems.

• Ansob says:

In which case DSfix is in no way responsible for breaking anything, which rather proves my point.

• UncleLou says:

Ugly? I think it’s a very attractive looking game. Not the fanciest engine, but with a superb artstyle and very detailed assets where it matters for such a game (armour, for example).It also looks significantly better than the console versions, and thus is the best-looking version of the game by quite some margin.

It also runs much better. Blighttown on the PS3 is a nightmare, and not because of the level design.

• SkittleDiddler says:

When compared to an awful lot of other PC games of similar age (or even older)? Hells yes. Ugly enough to be a detriment to my overall enjoyment of the game.

I’m purely talking graphics, mind you, not aesthetics.

• PoulWrist says:

I found it looked pretty good. And it’s not that I don’t have a rig capable of running everything maxed on my 25×14 colorcorrect panel…

• darkChozo says:

Are we talking pre or post-DSFix? It’s never really struck me as a terribly ugly game once you get rid of the silly 720p rendering issue, though maybe that’s just strangely contemporary rose tinted glasses speaking. The only effect that really stands out as ugly are some of the skyboxes, which are hilariously flat if you actually try looking at them.

• SkittleDiddler says:

Post-DSFix. Despite tweaking the settings, textures are atrocious, everything has a “muddied” look to it, and I’ve never been able to get AA to work properly. Part of the problem is aging hardware on my end, but I have to wonder what the hell is going on with Dark Souls when my PC is perfectly capable of milking more graphically demanding games.

• DatonKallandor says:

One of the graphical features that in a PC game makes the game look better (I think it’s AA?) is coded for Dark Souls to just apply a blur filter over the entire game. Turn that off and you get incredibly sharp textures and geometry.

• C0llic says:

Theres a well known fan patch that upscales the textures. I won’t link to here, but I’m fairly sure its mentioned in an RPS article about the game if you search for Dark souls. With that applied it looks servicable. You do still need to play it with a gamepad, but with the fix applied its a port that works well enough for it not to get in the way of enjoying the game. I’ve never had any issues using it.

The framerate altering patch is a diferent matter though, and I would stay away from it. Yes, its not great that the game is limited to 30 fps, but that decision is so ingrained in the engine, the attack animations and such like, that trying to alter it does lead to issues.

Just use the texture fix and it’s a perfectly playable game and even attractive once you get sucked in.

• bwion says:

You should absolutely be using DSFix (the patch/mod that, among other things, makes unlocking the framerate an option), because it does so many other useful things. (In fact, I don’t think you can use the high-res textures without it.)

But yeah, it’s generally inadvisable to try to run the game at higher than 30 fps. Probably won’t hurt anything much, but it can lead to some weird behavior. Unlocking the framerate and then setting it to max out at 30 is a good idea, though it doesn’t work on my system. This prevents the engine’s native behavior of absolutely tanking the framerate if it can’t manage exactly 30 fps.

Oh, and do not under any circumstances enable anti-aliasing in the game when using DSfix. (DSFix has its own anti-aliasing settings which you can use, but make sure it’s set to ‘off’ in the actual in-game options).

• darkChozo says:

I play with unlocked framerate and it’s generally not an issue. You will want to bind a key to relock the framerate for some of the trickier jumps, but besides that the only issue is that you’ll very, very occasionally fall through ladders. That being said, I don’t PVP much so maybe it causes issues there.

• C0llic says:

I’d forgotten the framerate unlocking stuff was a part of DSFix. I stand by what i said though. I don’t think its worth messing with it. Just stick to the visual fixes. Those work fine.

• fish99 says:

How is Dark Souls ugly exactly? You mean without DSFix?

• squareking says:

DS on PC ugly? Look through this gallery of How Wrong You Are!

2. Horg says:

If it handles at least as well as DS does with the mouse fix mod then I will be content.

3. Teovald says:

“Dark Souls II’s PC & STEAM version will benefit from PC capabilities with increased texture resolution and an enhanced frame rate option. On top of that, FromSoftware have been working to perfectly adapt the game for a mouse & keyboard combo.”
    very encouraging. I only played half an hour of the first Dark Soul on pc due to the disastrous controls (I should revisit it with a gamepad & mods). The textures I could have put up with, but a punishing gameplay associated with absolutely nightmarish controls is a big no no..
    At least they are promising the right things for its sequel.. I just hope they have learned a lot from their first try.

• Bury The Hammer says:

When I first played, it was with a mouse&keyboard, gave up. Returned with a gamepad and it was joyous.

Bought a gamepad originally just for platformers, but really glad I have one for stuff like this. Some games really do work a lot better with one.

• Teovald says:

Atrocious does not even begin to cover how bad DS keyboard + mouse controls are..
        I bought a DualShock 4 mostly in order to play Brothers and try to use it for adapted games .. I should really retry DS with it.

The only thing that bothers me with gamepads is that on both OsX & Windows their support is extremely limited.
        I don’t think there is any kind of general API that allow gamepads to communicate their layout to the OS, so unless you bought the one the game was designed for, you are going to need to remap the controls, probably install some dirty sofware patch to allow the game to recognize your hardware. And of course the game is not able to know which buttons are shoulder ones, or their names, so it just stick gibberish numbers on the controls, making even dynamic in-game cues problematic ….

Windows, OsX and Linux could all use way better ways to handle gamepads. Using one really does not feel like playing on ‘the one true platform’.

• Abndn says:

The port really isn’t as bad as people make it out to be, especially if you consider PC modding a feature and grab the resolution fix. Yeah, it’s locked to 30 fps (coding issue, increasing it makes things happen faster), and you do need to use a gamepad, but if you can get past that there aren’t any real issues left. It’s actually a huge improvement over the console version because they fixed the framerate problems in certain areas (goddamn you Blight Town).

• DanMan says:

Label me concerned. The pre-release videos I’ve seen of the PC version looked worse than the first DS with DSfix applied. I was willing to cut them some slack for the first one because they never intended to port it to PC and it was their first PC game ever AFAIK. I’m not going to wear my rose-tinted glasses this time. This better be well crafted.

4. lordfrikk says:

This is really curious. Since they were developing for PC right from the start and thus the textures were supposedly at their maximum quality (surely it would make no sense creating textures of worse quality first and then remake all of them), wouldn’t “better textures” be something that’s available by default?

• Frosty840 says:

I believe the process goes something like:

Make textures (shiny).
      Put textures (shiny) into consoletoy, which then runs like a particularly dead slug.
      Replace textures (shiny) with textures (flat, boring, low-res, grey) so that consoletoy runs at some acceptable impersonation of “not useless”.
      Release consoletoy version.
      Put textures (shiny) back in, for the edification of the most superior PCtoy race.
      Pretend mouse/keyboard is a viable control scheme for third person games.
      Release PCtoy version.

5. sharkh20 says:

I really don’t care about the textures. I just want the mouse controls and PC normal settings to actually exist.

6. Lobotomist says:

Important questions remain : will online part use Steam servers – since GFWL is gone way of dodo ?

As for mouse controls. Good to hear. Although I have all ready got used to controller.
    Anyone thinks its worth to preorder ?

7. Penguin_Factory says:

I’m sure the PC version is going to be the definitive one, but there’s no way in hell I’m going to be able to wait that long.

…and I’ll probably just end up buying them both anyway >.>

• popej says:

Ggnnnngghh!Tell me about it! It truly is bloody silly for me to buy the 360 version as well, primarily because I’m getting married on April 5th, and will then be away on honeymoon, back in UK on 27th.

I’m still going to end up cracking and buying the console version for approx 2 weeks of play though because, Darks Souls!

For anyone who likes pre-purchasing, the PC version of DS II is available boxed on Gameseek for about £22 including delivery: http://www.gameseek.co.uk/pd/VideoGames4hs3wan8yt/Dark-Souls-2

• Snidesworth says:

I had both the PS3 and PC versions pre-ordered but cancelled the former when we finally got a release date. I reckon I’ll be able to plug my ears and avoid any information about the game for 7 weeks. Right?

• UncleLou says:

Same here. I’ll buy the PS3 version, play it not nearly enough to make an early purchase worthwhile, but just enough to annoy me that I have to start over when I inevitably buy the PC version.

• PopeRatzo says:

The only PC-exclusive feature I care about is a working control scheme for mouse and keyboard that doesn’t feel like you’re working a marionette with slack rubber bands.

• UncleLou says:

I am not sure how this is ever supposed to really work unless they do away with the (fantastic) feature of equipment weight influencing your turn speed. It will inevitably lead to your character and your mousehand being out of sync. I realize there were some things utterly wrong with the kb/m controls, but even when everything else is fine, this design-inherent feature means (for me) that m/kb simply is not an option, as it will always feel off. It’s something you just can’t replicate with a mouse.

That said, if people can cope with that, more power to them, and I hope for you the m/kb controls are (otherwise) fine.

• Horg says:

I’ve been playing with DS mouse fix for about 5 months and it’s not an issue. You get used to the turn speed, just as you do with a thumb stick.

• UncleLou says:

Well, you don’t need to get used to it on thumbsticks, because that’s how they always work. There’s always a certain defined max speed if you push the stick as far as you can. Mice don’t work like that at all, though – quite on the contrary, it downright breaks how mice are supposed to work by desyncing your wrist from what happens on the screen. I am sure one can get used to it though, fair enough.

I also run away screaming at the slightest hint of mouse acceleration anywhere, so my mind isn’t very flexible, obviously. :)

8. wu wei says:

And it’s a bargain for us Australians at only US$90! Thanks, Namco Bandai!

9. dfuse says:

That trailer really highlights the new textures…

10. DrScuttles says:

Pre ordering may be terrible and bad and encourages publishers to engage in the worst behaviours…. but motherfucking Dark Souls. Pre ordered it (32 quid from GMG, 20 through dodgy grey market Steam key stores) the instant I realised it was possible and now I hate myself a little.

11. Wowbagger says:

I’m worried that you get weapons as a pre order incentive.. that’s very un dark souls.

• 65 says:

You get them earlier, they’re not exclusive to pre-order … ers.

• Bugamn says:

I was going to pre-order, but that and the region lock discourage me. Specially the region lock, that might make me wait some months, as I might move to another country in a few months and that would lock me out of that game.

• TechnoJellyfish says:

Any source on that region lock statement? I found no evidence to support that claim. On the contrary, I stumbled upon a tweet from Namco Bandai that clearly states that there will be no region locking of any kind in Dark Souls 2.

• lautalocos says:

i live in argentina and the store page says that my game will only be playable on other countries in south america

12. dE says:

This time, next week, I shall conquer the new lands. A group of crazy pioneers at my side as we set out to do what shall later on be claimed as impossible by the master race: Beat the game without a wiki. I will wait patiently for the day the game will be brought before the self proclaimed elite of gaming. And smugness shall be my new name as I stock up on cheese to go with their ample whine.

Joking aside, I’ll be playing the game on the console toys first. The early days of community as everyone sets out into the unknown are the best part about a Souls game. As such it’s almost a crime the PC version comes that late. By then the stakes will have been claimed.

13. Kohlrabi says:

What is the big deal with keyboard and mouse support? I realize that you can manage to eat a soup with a fork, but it’s probably not the intended way to do it.

A Windows compatible 360 controller is less than 30€.

• dE says:

Strikes me as an identity thing. PC used to be all about different input methods for the longest time. But somewhere along all the ports, people (newbies! raaaawrgghhh) suddenly switched and claimed M/KB was the only way to go.

• derbefrier says:

yeah i blame the whole PC vs console silliness that came about in the last console generation. I have always used controllers with PCs specially when trying to play co-op games on the same PC you pretty much had to have one.

• CookPassBabtridge says:

The learning curve is probably the main thing that puts people off having to buy one. I bought a pad purely for DS. Not the most gentle introduction to a new input method, but now feels quite natural.

• derbefrier says:

Heh never thought of it like that since I have owned at least one console sine the atari 2600. Its always felt natural to me.

• Horg says:

DS works perfectly fine with a M+K if you have the mouse fix mod. Your analogy is ridiculous.

• meepmeep says:

It works, but it makes everything even more horribly difficult.

• Horg says:

No it doesn’t. Where on earth did you get that impression from?

• crizzyeyes says:

Uhh, I think maybe, just -maybe-, deciding which controls are better is actually an opinion, not a fact. So I think he “got that” from playing the game with M/KB and not liking it.

• meepmeep says:

Buying a 360 controller (or similar) for the PC is one of the best gaming purchases you can make, IMHO. I only bought one to play DS, and now I find I use it for over half of my desktop gaming.

14. CookPassBabtridge says:

Only forty pounds sterling for a pre-order of a game of utterly unproven quality? What could possibly go wrong.

Must be off now, the train is coming and I just know I can replicate that “Men Who Stare at Goats” wall-dissolve on its cab.

• fish99 says:

Simply CD-Keys have it (steam code) for £20 with the code 5OFFDS2.

• CookPassBabtridge says:

Cool, thank you, thats a bit more of a reasonable price- but I will still wait for reviews and gameplay footage / lets plays. I gave up pre-ordering as it was bad for me.

• Dinjoralo says:

I don’t see how the game’s quality is ‘utterly unproven’. There have been people who’ve actually played it, whether at expos, or when FROM held a server beta on PS3. If you’re going to make smart-sounding statements, at least make sure they have ground.

Oh, and before you bring out A:CM, nobody played that before launch; I believe the ‘gameplay footage’ was completely pre-rendered, which led to the debacle.

• CookPassBabtridge says:

Actually, I was going to say X:Rebirth, which had considerable amounts of pre-launch gameplay experience, even on this very site. However if you want to drop a ton of money on a sequel (I know, they NEVER go wrong, do they?) sight unseen thats up to you.

But it does, unfortunately, make you a bit of a Rodney.

• Dinjoralo says:

A Rodney? What?
          …Either way, was that at expos and such, or did people actually play it on their systems pre-release?
          I’m still preordering Dark Souls II. Call me stupid, call me gullible, whatever. This is something I’ve been following since the very first announcement, I believe I have enough knowledge to consider preordering not too unwise of a choice.

15. fish99 says:

I can live with the delay for a good port. I’ve only just finished Dark Souls actually and currently going through NG+, so a break will be ideal for me.

Another good thing about Dark Souls on PC is I can play it in stereo 3D (via nVidia 3D Vision and the Helix stereo 3D fix), which isn’t possible on console, and which adds nicely to the immersion IMO. I also don’t have to deal with the framerate problems from the console versions.

16. RegisteredUser says:

I know people will hate me for this(the ones that play DS for being a masochistic pleasure generating machine), but I’d instead prefer it if they announced an OPTIONAL anytime-save allowing gamemode / option.

Grinding through the same swarm of 20 enemies to die at the last 2 just means having to reprove 95% of a run that you already have shown you can manage just to get 5% of your time worth of practice at the last 2. That is just plain obnoxiousness for the point of being obnoxious to the gamer and as the PC platform has no weird save slot restrictions, I’d prefer being able to not only pick up and leave my games at any point in time as time pressure makes me, without loss, but also to be able to practice said “hard parts” as described above.

Where is that feature?

• Dinjoralo says:

There is something to make repeat runs easier. When you kill certain enemies enough times, they stay dead. Not much, but it helps.

• fish99 says:

That’s actually a key part of the Souls game design. If you could just save before every enemy, the game would be pretty short, and much easier since you could keep trying until you got lucky, rather than learning the combat mechanics. It would also kill a lot of the tension, and the sense of achievement when you reach that bonfire.

• RegisteredUser says:

If you have a game design where you win against an enemy with luck rather than skill I would consider it a pathetic and weak cop-out to work around it by stripping the game of comfort options in turn.

A real design of challenge lies in a challenge BEING a challenge, not in working around flawed design otherwise.

Either it IS hard, because it IS hard, or its just inconvenient. Then when you beat it, you don’t get to brag for skill; just for stubbornness.

• Horg says:

It is not a flawed design. You might not like the respawning enemies and fixed save points, but they achieve exactly what they were designed to do. You may not like it, and that’s fine, but don’t call it flawed based on that alone.

• fish99 says:

If you stop and think about it, pretty much every game is based on either decisions or timing, so you can always beat any game with luck if you reduce the game down to the smallest of time slices and allow unlimited retries. And that’s exactly what a quick save system would give you.

By having large gaps between checkpoints (bonfires) you reduce the chance of beating a section by pure luck down to virtually zero. Dark Souls forces you to get good at the game to progress.

• derbefrier says:

Yup the reason the game is so popular is exactly because its skill based and forces the player to master the mechanics in order to progress. I have close to 200 hours on it but when I first started every single enemy was deadly, now I can breeze through a lot of the game without much trouble, which usuely leads to me being careless and losing a couple hundred thousand souls heh. Its like people complaining about cheaters. The few I would come accross would usually end up in a stale mate because while I couldn’t kill them because they cheat they couldn’t kill me because they were bad.

• UpsilonCrux says:

You can already do this. Just quit at any time, when you reload, you’ll be back where you where. You don’t have to quit at bonfires.

• xao says:

Dark Souls already does you one better! Instead of a save anywhere function, it has a save everywhere, all the time function!

Success in any game involves some element of luck. The trick is to minimize the effects of luck on outcome, which is exactly the point of Dark Souls’ save function.

• crizzyeyes says:

Well, if you’ve managed to kill 20 enemies, why did you die at the last 2? Unless they’re a particularly dangerous and new type of enemy, in which case dying to them is pretty legitimate, and I don’t quite understand why you would feel frustrated for it. I don’t know, I just don’t understand people who get frustrated from dying so easily in Dark Souls. I mean, even if you die to 2 enemies at the end of a 20 enemy run, you have the satisfaction of knowing you will pretty much 100% make it to the bonfire next time. Meta-knowledge like this is a good portion of playing the game, in my opinion.

• UncleLou says:

Out of curiosity, and as an entirely sincere question: do you also think that a game like, say, Spelunky, should have a save option?

17. Keyrock says:

I welcome better textures, but the textures are the least of my concerns. From Software are saying all the right things about the quality of the PC version, but I’m not going to take their word for it. Needless to say, I won’t be pre-ordering this. When it comes out and if it is indeed not a complete garbage PC port, then I’ll buy it.

• Dinjoralo says:

The fact that they’ve said anything about the PC version’s quality is a good sign. I remember when Deadly Premonition was on Greenlight, a company rep or whatever had a thread for posting questions, and getting answers. They seemed to be avoiding answering anything relating to the quality of the port, and we all know what came of that.

18. FriendlyPsicopath says:

I never actually understood the hate regarding the Dark Souls port, the game runs, runs well no crashes no bugs.
    See Obsidian releases or Ea releases or Bethesda for example, they have years of making pc games, and yet almost every new release is buggy and shitty experience. People seem to forget, Simcity Battlefiled 4 and even bloody Skyrim which were plagued by game breaking bugs, shitty UI, bad netcode and more, so if you look to the industry as a whole Dark Souls port was actually quite decent.
    And also regarding Texture wise, Dark Souls textures were quite good, you could stretch that using DsFix and they still looked amazing, because they were hi res, but locked at a low resolution, if from software is talking about better textures i think we may be looking for something like Skyrim modded textures which you get some 4k ones if your pc can handle that, also i played the beta on Ps3 and it is good, game seems more packed with enemies, and the combat has been improved , yet still retains that felling of satisfaction, and you can heal more, which in a way works against the criticism about the bonfire spampoint system, as always if you die, it is your fault and the punishment is appropriated.

Comment on this story