Come Play Planetside 2 With Us On Sunday!

By Jim Rossignol on March 7th, 2014 at 5:30 pm.

Hello you. We’re going to be running about in Planetside 2 (it’s free and awesome!) from about 7.30pm UK on Sunday 9th on Miller. We’d love for you to join us, and the RPS Planetside community will once again be making heroic efforts to enable an entertaining evening for all involved. You’ll need to get on the RPS community Mumble to get involved, as the whole thing will be co-ordinated via the marvelous technology of voice communication. Don’t worry, you won’t need a mic to get involved, just the ability to hear the command folk saying where you should go for victory/death. You can find out plenty more about the community PS2 activities over here on the forum.

See you on Sunday!

, , .

Sponsored links by Taboola
  1. pupsikaso says:

Would be polite to inform people of the time zone.

• mandrill says:

UK based site, UK time. Though I understand your consternation having dealt with US sites not specifying timezones.

• SominiTheCommenter says:

It’s called Coordinated UNIVERSAL Time for a reason…

• Vilusyk says:

Didn’t even list the server or faction, either.

We’d probably have a lot more people joining the Call to Arms if it wasn’t so hard to find the information on how to join.

Rizlar says:

Tomorrow: Sunday 9th March, 7:30pm gmt.

Vanu Sovereignty, Miller server.

To be fair to Jim, if you follow the links in the article/hop on mumble it’s not too hard to find the info. Come join us! With lasers!

2. Cooper says:

Previous events have been really epic. With over 200 concurrent RPS players playing together and working together.

It’s very easy to join, and the game is free. These nights are the best way to experience the game. It’s well worth the download just for the one night.

We have a lot of experience with new players. Everyone is very welcome. Just hop onto Mumble and we’ll guide you through the process of getting into the game and getting into one of our squads.

3. Ergates_Antius says:

GMT

Edit: Reply fail. I am weak.

Martel says:

Can you play across servers/zones, or do you have to start over again to play on the European servers (I have been playing on the US servers).

• TWChristine says:

You’ll need to make a new character on the server, which is Miller. :)

LogicalDash says:

Signup form has a field for “Station Name”. Instructions on forums give me a couple of “Outfit Names” which don’t *sound* like the same thing but it’s the closest I can find. Is there anything in particular I should put for Station Name? It seems significant somehow…

6. fish99 says:

I have 200+ hours logged on PS2, and I even have an VS-alt on Miller (my main is NC on woodman), and I would like to take part, but ….. I’ve never once used voice comm on the internet. Something about sitting in a quiet room with a headset on talking to my PC, and feeling rather silly.

• TWChristine says:

Don’t feel silly! I think a lot of people feel the same way (I do), and while I sit there and listen in I very rarely will say anything. I feel like I sound like a kid and so the last thing I want to do is open my mouth! I also feel like I’ll go to say something and it’ll be a waste of air time like “Yea,..we know that already..” But what I’m getting at, is you don’t have to talk, listening in is fine and we’d love to have you there! :)

7. CookPassBabtridge says:

That purple plastickiness of that character model reminds me of the toy of the Transformer Cyclonus soooo bad. This is a good thing.

8. Horg says:

I haven’t played in a few months so had to boot up the client to patch this morning. Was not expecting an 8gig download : | If they keep adding new continents i’m gonna run out of space for war.

• CMaster says:

It’s not 8gb of new continents.
      Its 8gb of changes to the old ones. So total HDD space used will be about the same.
      We’re still rolling with the 3 launch conts (although Esamir and Amerish are massivley changed)

9. Mr. International says:

so you guys promote this game A LOT, its kinda weird

• Jim Rossignol says:

It’s because of all the corruption.

• jaguar skills says:

It’s almost as if this is a blog where some people talk about things they like.

• Mr. International says:

no need to get defensive, just an observation. I always thought the general consensus was that this game is extremely mediocre, but its the only game I see brought up consistently even when there isn’t any “news.”

10. Joc says:

Would love to join you all, and all my other friends that play on Miller, but, you see, I’m banned.

• Ergates_Antius says:

Tsk.

• Joc says:

You may well tsk. I don’t even know what I was supposed to have done, and without that knowledge how am I supposed to defend myself? BR99 and a reasonable amount of money sunk into the game, and the worst thing is I’d still love to play again, despite SOE’s treachery.

Sinomatic says:

Anyone planning to play tonight should make sure their client is updated *NOW*.