A Game And A Chat Ep 5: Frog Fractions 2

By Nathan Grayson on March 11th, 2014 at 5:00 pm.

When Frog Fractions first dropped on unsuspecting doorsteps bundled as an innocuous edutainment game, we all thought we were safe. But we were wrong. So very, very wrong. It was too mad for feeble human minds to comprehend, and it brought about the fall of human civilization as we knew it. Or at least a number of amused, bemused, and c-mused Internet comments. Now creator Jim Crawford is kickstarting a sequel that you won’t even know about when it first launches. People will have to figure out which game is Frog Fractions 2 before they can even play it. But today I’m joined by Crawford and lead artist Rachel Sala, and they’re going to give me a *skloosive first glimpse* of the education-packed sequel.

We’re kicking off at 11 AM PT/6 PM GMT (there was a US time change; yeah, no, we all think it’s dumb too).

Update: We’re done! You can watch the whole thing below.

And the post-game chat (which is now officially a tradition after occurring two whole times) is right here. We ended up discussing everything from The Stanley Parable to harassment of game developers (female and otherwise) to clinical depression. It got surprisingly heavy given that this was allegedly an episode about, you know, Frog Fractions. Enjoy!

Watch live video from NathanGrayson on TwitchTV

YouTube alternatives:

, , , , , , .

Top comments

1. Spoon Of Doom says:

So from now on, how will we know that the “my sister’s stepmother’s baby’s third grade cousin’s boyfriend’s colon bacteria are making eleventy thousand dollars a day from their laptops, check out at definitelynovirus.com” comments are not secretly links to the download of Frog Fractions 2?

1. Premium User Badge AngelTear says:

Time changes are not dumb, they save a lot of electricity and stuff >.<
    They just make it hard to keep track of times around the world, because the US and Europe have time changes at different times (I think a week or two…?)

• Zanchito says:

I’ve actually yet to see a single peer reviewed paper proving that sime changes are more benefit than harm. I’ve read papers to the opposite, though. Also, they are not universal (some countries don’t have them), nor indispensable (countries have accepted and rejected them at their conveience throughout the XX century).

• Premium User Badge Martel says:

Plus in the US not even all states honor time changes. Personally I hate them, they need to get rid of them.

• Koozer says:

The UK did trials a few years ago with a single timezone. Everyone in Scotland died from carcrashes in the darkness.*

*there may be the teensiest bit of hyperbole here.

• Convolvulus says:

Time changes are dumb (especially the one in “Money” by Pink Floyd), as are time zones. We should all be using one time based on the works of Strauss (Richard Strauss, not those other losers). The day should be generally five hours longer and include two snacking periods that may be combined into one brief nap. When you travel to a new area, you should have to check pastry shops to determine when people usually wake up. Then get on a train, I guess. I’m still ironing out the kinks.

• SD says:

Every dollar, euro or pound saved by Daylight Saving time is offset by a tenfold cost for software coders who must fix bugs, update timing tables, and maintain servers whose clocks are affected by said scheme. Many coders like myself who’ve lost sleep and sanity due to the frustrations of this horrible scheme, and would relish the opportunity trade a piece of our souls to see it abolished. It is truly, truly, awful, has saved no money whatsoever.

Please see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daylight_Saving_Time#Energy_use

While wikipedia is certainly not the Bastion of Inviolate Knowledge, the references are pretty sound, and I would encourage interested parties to please consider saying “No!” to DST. It’s bad. Bad, bad, bad, badbadbad.

And also inconvenient :-)

• vivlo says:

no it’s not bad… not everyone is a coder, whereas everyone is affected by the daylight

• Premium User Badge jrodman says:

And almost everyone in modern life is an urbanite of sorts who works indoors, and thus would benefit from the daylight tracking post-work hours rather than pre-work hours. The current scheme is designed around farm workers (early-rising outdoor workers) who have the most freedom to make their schedule track the sun instead of the clock.

2. kimberlyrkuykendall says:

my best friend’s sister-in-law makes DOLLAR 60 every hour on the laptop . She has been out of a job for 7 months but last month her pay check was DOLLAR 20579 just working on the laptop for a few hours. go to the website………. http://WWW.Worktin.ℭom

3. MuscleHorse says:

Is there any way these can be moved onto a non-Twitch source? I’ve never had a good experience when attempting to watch something on it from a variety of network speeds.

• TWChristine says:

He mentioned in the Planetside 2 war correspondent article that he was uploading the videos to Youtube as well but it was taking longer due to upload speed limitations. My guess is he’ll be doing the same for these, we just have to wait.

4. Chorltonwheelie says:

Not watching as I don’t want any FF2 surprises ruined.
    Loved Frog Fractions to death and so did my nippers.

5. HothMonster says:

Nathan I believe I asked you to put some shit on your walls not pile it on the floor. Otherwise keep up the good work,

6. Geen says: