Pixel Junk: Nom Nom Galaxy Is A Destructible Soup Empire

By John Walker on March 13th, 2014 at 6:00 pm.

PixelJunk creators Q-Games seem to be slowly realising their love for the PC. After a while of the PJ games dragging their heels to reach Freedom, their latest is appearing on PC before anything else. Well done – this is Correct. And that latest is Nom Nom Galaxy – a very Terraria-looking platform bizarreness, about making soup. Yes Cara, soup. It’s on Steam Early Access from today.

In a really, honestly, dreadful trailer, between extended sequences of the developers arsing around for uniquely their own entertainment, you can find the odd clips of what looks like a very intriguing game. (However, they do appear to genuinely put a PS3 in boiling water, and there’s something to be said for that.)

They say the game is currently a “buggy mess”, but they promise improvements soon. It’s certainly an novel concept – destructible world meets running soup empire. They’re doing a Kickstarter-styled sales pitch for it, with Early Access access at $9, and then tiers above that reaching all the way to $10,000.

__________________

« | »

, , , , , .

1. CookPassBabtridge says:

*Sees story on RPS with connections to soup
    * Ctrl-F “Cara”
    * Is not disappointed
    Is the soup luminous green? If not can it be modded in? These are the Big Questions

2. Anthile says:

Terrible trailer, indeed. If I want to watch people fiddle with soup on the internet I can stay right here.

3. Leonick says:

“They’re doing a Kickstarter-styled sales pitch for it, with Early Access access at $9, and then tiers above that reaching all the way to $10,000.”

The $9 offer is only through their website (humble store widget) and only for the first 1000 people, after that 19.99 is the minimum. Just thought that was worth pointing out.

4. geldonyetich says:

I actually rather liked that trailer. This kind of insanity is the best reassurance I can get that these fellows know how to make interesting games.

5. The Army of None says:

This reminded me a bit of the german Clonk series, so I picked it up and man… I’m gonna have some fun with this one. Co-op! Soup empires and base building! yesssssss

6. Zulthar says:

I love their games but I would really like to know how much actual game I get with this early access.

7. Tei says:

Looks good, but… are these sounds the same of doom, or something? :D

8. Wit7y5 says:

thats amazing… Start working at home with Google! Just work for few hours and have more time with friends and family. I earn up to $500 per week. It’s a great work at home opportunity. I can’t believe how easy it was once I tried it out. Linked here http://CapitalPosts.com

9. G_Man_007 says:

Stephen Fry silhouette?

10. TechnicalBen says:

So this is what happens when you play StarBound with my brain but with the added ability to program. Yes, I remember digging in through the “mud” and “goo” in StarBound thinking, “It’s like Jelly”! They’ve taken that idea and run with it, turning the entire game food themed?

11. pOcHa says:

You can almost catch a predator at around 4:00 in that video…

Comment on this story