Vamping: Castlevania Lords Of Shadow – Mirror Of Fate HD

By Adam Smith on March 14th, 2014 at 2:00 pm.

If brevity is the soul of wit – and what reason to doubt arras-dwelling Polonius? – then Castlevania: Lords Of Shadow: Mirror Of Fate HD is the most witless game title since Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner: Raidou Kuzunoha vs. the Soulless Army. Of course, if brevity truly is the soul of wit then you could also argue that the first paragraph of any article in this esteemed periodical is a hollow parp from the joy buzzer of a dead clown. Let’s move on.

Castlevania: Lords Of Shadow: Mirror Of Fate HD is coming to PC later this month, having made its society debut on the Nintendo Several Screen before porting across to the last-gen MicroSonys. Although it is canonically related to the 3D Lords of Shadow games, Mirror Of Fate is a more traditional side-scrolling Castlevania. And therefore, to my eyes at least, far more interesting.

If you didn’t watch the entire trailer, skip to the last ten seconds. And then wish that you hadn’t.

The console releases received mixed reviews, although the trailer manages to find plenty of cherry-like quotes to decorate itself with.

, , , .

Anthile says:

I would kill for Shin Megami Tensei on PC, though.

2. Turkey says:

What’s with the PC being a dumping ground for handheld games lately?

• Eight Rooks says:

Oh, it’s just you letting your knee-jerk prejudices against anything that isn’t the One True Format show.

Seriously, though, they’re not getting “dumped” on PC; publishers worked out people want these games on non-portable systems, so they’re getting ported. The article even points out it came to last-gen consoles first. Nothing to do with anyone treating the PC platform with any degree of contempt.

• gravity_spoon says:

I personally think it is great that more titles are coming to PC. However, I am also seeing the trend of more and more handhled titles appearing on our glorious system. Batman Blackgate and Steamworld Dig are other examples. I want SMT, Mario and Zelda now (non-emulator, native exe). Not gonna happen in a 100 years but I can dream.

• Steven Hutton says:

Possibly changes in development technology have just made it really easy to port your hand held games to pc.

• derbefrier says:

go play guacamelee and tell me you would rather it have stayed in a handheld format. There are a lot of great handheld games its awesome to see them coming to PC

• mechabuddha says:

I think it’s great that these games are coming to PC. The more options people have, the more exposure great games get. And if PC is one of those options, more people will gravitate towards it as a gaming platform.

• Darth Gangrel says:

MicroSonys made me think of the PSP/PS Vita, because it’s a Sony device in miniature, a microplaystation, but the handheld in question is the 3DS when I checked it afterwards. I think this is great for the people who want more of the story from the Lords of Shadow games.

3. fco says:

What about releasing an HD Symphony of the Night instead?

• NailBombed says:

Would love to have a HD PC version of SOTN. Sadly, that’s not gonna happen soon seeing as this God Of War clone is all we seem to be getting out of Konami with regards to Castlevania. Wish a new production team would take up the reins – or preferably get IGA whipped back into shape and make a proper CV again.

• Lemming says:

I see your Symphony of the Night, and raise you a HD Super Castlevania IV

• MegaAndy says:

SOTN SOTN SOTN SOTN

Reset says:

I will continue to hope for a PC port of the last gen console online multiplayer Castlevania sidescroller, Harmony of Despair. It’d work so well on the platform.

But at this point my hopes are probably in vein.

5. The Random One says:

I skipped to the last ten seconds and was greeted by the King of All Cosmos’ chubby cousin. I did, indeed, wish I hadn’t.

6. commentingaccount says:

I have this on X360, and like it a lot. I’m glad it’s coming to PC. Just wish it had come sooner before I got it on X360.

7. Zekiel says:

Good grief it comes with an “exclusive” demo of Lords of Shadow II! Be still my heart!

How is that supposed to be a feature?

• Ringwraith says:

Somehow I think it got delayed way more than originally planned.
      No-one cared enough to change their advertising obviously.

8. Nixitur says:

I’ll definitely wait for the WIT on this, but color me severely interested. Always been a fan of 2D Action Platformers or whatever you wanna call ‘em.