Height Fantastic: Hover’s Trailer Is All Over The Place

By Craig Pearson on March 21st, 2014 at 12:00 pm.

But in a good way! Titanfall’s wall-running and super-fun leaping is the second best thing about Repawn’s multiplayer game. Being able to watch others do it is my favourite thing about it: seeing them curve across gaps, leaping like leapy things, and dancing across levels. I love it. I love that moment at the very beginning of a level, when your small group peels off in different directions to a chorus of jet blasts and then vanish into the twisty death warrens. So the new trailer for Hover: Revolt of Gamer looks very compelling to my eyes, even if it is a little bit neon and flashy: that thrill of leaping around with friends will always draw me in.

It’s still the same mix of running, jumping, and grinding that Nathan spotted on his first look. The body feels slightly more connected (to me), and there’s now a third-person mode that I’ll probably only use to look out for where everyone is. I see no reason to not have my hands flapping about in front of me when sprinting in games.

No release date, but I can point out that it is going to be supporting the Oculus Rift. I think I could make a decent amount of money selling vomit bags that hook onto the Rift, you know?

, , , , , , .

Sponsored links by Taboola

Top comments

amateurviking says:

Oh gosh that looks amazing.

Also, it looks like they're farting points when they do tricks. This amused me because I am immature.

Prrrrrb. 1000 points!
  1. Simon Hawthorne says:

At first I was upset this had no relation to the Windows 95 game “Hover!” but then Google led me to this: http://hover.ie/ and now all is right with the world.

I don’t believe the website for Hover! supports the Oculus Rift though…

• LionsPhil says:

According to Wikipedia, that site hides a version of the original, too. (Yep, it does. This game was so great. Now I have to dig it up again so I can play past level 3. Edit: If you’re used to Hover powerslides, in the new version “Wizard” feels most like the original to me, and “Bambi” is almost cheatingly good.)

But, yes, change the name. Then make this happen. It has colours and huge freedom of movement and wheeeee.

2. mikmanner says:

looks like a lot of fun

amateurviking says:

Oh gosh that looks amazing.

Also, it looks like they’re farting points when they do tricks. This amused me because I am immature.

Prrrrrb. 1000 points!

4. Alpharadious says:

This and Oculus Rift.

5. RCoon says:

Looks like a low gravity Jet Set Radio Future. I liked that game a lot, this looks pretty promising.

6. Ross Angus says:

Rabbit, Run by John 1-Updike.

JiminyJickers says:

Me want. Looks like a fun way to just relax after a hard day of work.

8. bill says:

Looks fun, and very JSRF style.

But I keep wondering why they made them run instead of gave them inline skates. I know Parkour is the current cool kid, but I kept wanting to glide around those levels rather than run.

Speaking of, what happened to all the extreme sports games? I haven’t kept up with consoles, but have there been any skateboarding or inline skating games recently?