Raising The Bar: Dead Synchronicity

By Adam Smith on March 25th, 2014 at 2:00 pm.

John has already written about Dead Synchronicity: Tomorrow Comes Today. It’s a promising point and click adventures so, try as we might, it was impossible to prevent him from singing the praises it was due when the project arrived on Kickstarter. With 18 days left on the clock and $30,000 to raise, the Kickstarter is still a good distance from the finish line in both senses. Updates have been regular though and the latest combines my two greatest loves – artistic creation and a barman. Both tend to the spirits.

I haven’t played the demo because I’m a busy man about town with galactic civilisations to rule and wonderful ages to witness, but if your gaming schedule isn’t quite as tightly packed it may well be worth a look. Without any further ado, here’s that barman.

A $15 pledge will secure a copy of the game when it releases around the end of the year (provisionally).

, , , , , , .

1. Fictiorama says:

Fictiorama calling! Thanks Adam! (cool Twitter name, BTW)

If you RPS’ers feel like asking about barmans… or even about “Dead Synchronicity”… go ahead!

• caff says:

Looks good guys, I really hope you get funded. I’m in.

Come on RPS, we read this site to play game like this!

2. Monkeh says:

How did the $30.000 suddenly become $45.000? :\

3. Shazbut says:

So this hasn’t been funded but that novelty game where you play a bear has.

Right, just checking

• Danda says:

These guys are very talented. $15 is quite cheap if the final game keeps the same level of quality as the demo.

Is 2014 the year of Kickstarter fatigue? Great-looking projects like this one or the Julian Gollop KS should be funded already :(

• caff says:

Yes, looks that way.

It’s a shame because promising indie works like this can be significantly enhanced by funding – getting proper voice acting could really help this game.

4. Fictiorama says:

Thanks for the kind words, mates! Fictiorama, full steam ahead!!!

• Shazbut says:

For the record, I’m a professional actor and will potentially record voices free of charge if you need them.

Best of luck with it. I look forward to playing the game one day