A Taste Of Wang: Shadow Warrior Demo

By Adam Smith on March 26th, 2014 at 6:00 pm.

I liked everything about the Shadow Warrior reboot, except for the wang jokes. But to prove that there are no hard feelings, I’ve slipped a wang in right there at the top of the post. The reason we are returning to Shadow Warrior, as the headline makes clear, is to herald the unexpected (though far from premature) discharge of a demo. This coincides with a 75% discount so you can take a test ride and then settle on the full package for £7.49. That massive discount won’t last for very long – you know how it is – and the deal ends on March 28th. Important details below.

Adam’s Bumper Collection Of Knob Jokes.

, , , , .

Sponsored links by Taboola
  1. DanMan says:

I don’t like the controls/combat, for a start. Too much like a hovercraft and a bit too fast (I’m getting old). The graphics are ok, not great (AA doesn’t work for me either). I did like the humor, despite being infantile.

• Adam Smith says:

WE ARE OPPOSITES

• DanMan says:

I’m actually your evil twin from a parallel universe called Germany.

In my defense, I didn’t like Bulletstorm.

• tobecooper says:

Now, you’ve gone and condemned yourself, Evil Twin of Adam Smith!
          No one dislikes Bulletstorm on my watch!
          It was a game of delicate humor and sensual interaction.
          It deserved all the accolades ever. All of them.
          But did not receive a warm welcome, a game of such refined taste demanded.

Hopefully, Wang has it better. After all, Wang is never out of style, Wang is always fashionable.
          He’s smooth. And he’s quickness, which you barbarically call hovercraft-like, has to preserve.

• DatonKallandor says:

Shadow Warrior doesn’t have a 2 weapon limit. This proves Shadow Warrior is, in fact, better than Bulletstorm.
            As a sidenote, this also probes RAGE is better than Bulletstorm.

• tobecooper says:

They all have their share of ‘modern day’ gaming sins.
            But they’re a nice trio of FPSes. I’m not disputing that.
            Whether one prefers Wang on top or on bottom, is a matter of opinion.

• kael13 says:

Wow, I just realised how fun an updated Bulletstorm would be without that two weapon limit. What a silly constraint that was.

2. guygodbois00 says:

“I liked everything about the Shadow Warrior reboot, except for the wang jokes. That’s why I made my own wang joke, which I like, very much.” I read it like this…

3. Shooop says:

Best shooter of the year. Absolutely worth having at that price.

• Pazguato says:

Loved Hard Reset, this came under my radar. How it compares to it?

LTK says:

It’s actually a very different sort of game than Hard Reset, beyond the fact that there are a lot of things to shoot. The emphasis on the chi powers and the katana means that just shooting everything is not an effective strategy. I’m not sure if that resulted in an overall better game, but it’s definitely varied and interesting. Even though it makes some design missteps, a lot of gripes I had about Hard Reset are gone in Shadow Warrior. “Probably recommended”.

4. QuaKe0515 says:

I came for the dick jokes.

J. Cosmo Cohen says:

That was a bit premature.

• Carlos Danger says:

Does have a little wang in it… Good though.

• CookPassBabtridge says:

Its funny, because a wang is a penis

• RogerioFM says:

Really? I thought it was some kind of sausage, ah you learn something new everyday.

• CookPassBabtridge says:

No. Its a euphemism for cock.

It was invented by Queen Victoria of England, when one day at a function (in England) with a delegation of 50 muscular Zen Monks, she suddenly stated “shove me sideways Albert, I’m desperate for some Wang”.

In the UK we have a coin celebrating it, called the 50 Penis Piece.

• Geebs says:

One of those can make it tricky when you need 2p

• Carlos Danger says:

No it’s funny because its in the punch bowl.

It’s from an old movie you wouldn’t like as it might hurt your feelings.

• CookPassBabtridge says:

I sense maybe the ironic tone of my post didn’t quite carry over the Internet

• DanMan says:

It already said in the article that it wouldn’t last very long.

• RogerioFM says:

Ahhh, it wasn’t very long, I get it, very funny. Because Wang as I learned is an euphemism for Queen Victoria’s Wang, and since it’s an Asian Wang it’s not very long. Damn I like this place, it fills me with happiness.

• CookPassBabtridge says:

I think you may have grasped the wrong end of the wang

jrodman says:

I’m up for that.

5. Phendron says:

This game was great, fast-paced fps to offset all of the ponderous milsim shooters of the last few years.

6. derbefrier says:

Great game I give it 4 out of 5 wangs. Good fast paced shooter with fun combat and a silly story just like it should be.

7. BLACKOUT-MK2 says:

That’s a good price. Given how a lot of modern day remakes and resurrections of older games have a tradition of cashing in on the name, this was actually very enjoyable. It was fast, fun, stupid, and had more to it than just shooting which is something a lot of FPS games don’t have these days. Definitely worth the price.

8. Dale Winton says:

awesome game , everyone with a high spec pc should buy this to show it off

9. mvar says:

Last years best shooter IMO, plus the game runs fine on Linux/Wine. Definitely worth the price

Jalan says:

I wished it were more evident as to what is exactly sold through the Humble widget. Steam makes it very clear as to the game having multiple editions/upgrade options but the widget just has one flat price and mentions nothing in detail. At least Gunpoint had separate widgets for each edition.

11. piedpiper says:

Best shooter of 2013. And one of the best games of 2013. Too bad it was not so hyped as some Binfinite or Coll Of Daty 34.

12. racccoon says:

TwaAAnG!! ooops its in the bin.

13. Urthman says:

Isn’t that the Unreal Tournament ’99 Enforcer pistol he’s holding?

14. Lit_Reflex says:

I want to set the record straight here that you do NOT need a high spec PC to enjoy this game despite some definitively next-gen textures.

I am enjoying the game, though yes there are some pretty low frame rates at hectic times, with a 9800 GT with an Athlon 64 X2 2.2 GHz (I believe on the cpu) at 1680×1050 resolution with maximum texture detail and minimum post processing (the 9800 GT hates post processing).

It may well be that as the game progresses I will encounter situations that are unplayable but quite clearly it is mistaken to say that a high spec machine is mandatory for this game.

Always remember that texture detail, at least from my experience, is the least performance killing aspect of a game’s graphics. I always go full texture detail and drop the AA and post processing and that tends to work out for me with my crappy old Geforce that is no longer even listed in performance comparisons on the Nvidia website.

I am grateful that I have it though despite its age as it was GREAT when it came out and was a critical component to the Crysis PC build that Crytek compiled as an affordable machine that could run Crysis.

Edit: It has come to my attention that the person who I thought was indicating a high spec PC was necessary was simply indicating this is a good game for SHOWING OFF a high spec PC.

My apologies.